KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Just now, tstein said:

To be doable does not mean it is a good Idea and even less that puts the engine in the "all too useful"category

ksp is always meant for 

"for no man has gone before" well kerbal, kerbin. etc.

8 hours ago, Strawberry said:

I wont be surprised if that image is a render taken in some sort of editor or something, thus causing the misalign. 

17 minutes ago, Deddly said:

This is beta imagery, which means it is in-game footage.

To add to this, when it was in an editor/renderer, they always said it was.  

Look at the show and tell stuff. You'll see "Test scene for asset testing" at the bottom. 

8 hours ago, MechBFP said:

It’s entirely possible whoever built that misaligned the parts while building it for whatever reason. 

Agree, a bit dependent on how the tools work, but if you use the move tool to move parts of the wings I could easy see the designer moving the cockpit a bit forward, not realizing it because the hatch is closed. 
The parts here is the same as in KSP 1 after all and we has seen multiple MK 2 planes. 

using some fun stuff, got all the 100 frames or so off the gif

rAnfNzw.jpg

OcJ6SXi.jpg

uTYEoU2.jpg

uTYEoU2.jpg

GE4ydyk.jpg

if you look at all the frames you'll understand.

its like its offcentered like when the "kraken" attacks and stuff gets off centered but still "connected" you can see the parts are completely "jaggy" in the last frame not making a perfect straight line.

so no idea why its like that its completely off centered its not even remotely straight

entire gif frames

https://imgur.com/a/DhhF7Yu

25 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

its like its offcentered like when the "kraken" attacks and stuff gets off centered but still "connected" you can see the parts are completely "jaggy" in the last frame not making a perfect straight line.

so no idea why its like that its completely off centered its not even remotely straight

entire gif frames

mother-of-god-meme-wallpaper.jpg

59 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

rAnfNzw.jpg

OcJ6SXi.jpg

uTYEoU2.jpg

uTYEoU2.jpg

GE4ydyk.jpg

entire gif frames

Yes, its something very wrong here. the back part of the lander is pushed sideways.  Would not like to fly that lander. 
FkOKBrJ.jpeg

Just now, magnemoe said:

Yes, its something very wrong here. the back part of the lander is pushed sideways.  Would not like to fly that lander. 
FkOKBrJ.jpeg

dear god that wing isn't even connected in that frame.

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm not seeing anything - what are you looking for? 

look at the black spacecraft, its split, jagged to one direction, and is just broke

20 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

look at the black spacecraft, its split, jagged to one direction, and is just broke

If I had to wager a guess that is likely on purpose. Might be how time-wrap works to allow the vessel to accelerate while warping without the vehicle getting shaken apart, etc. All the connections come a little loose on purpose  to prevent the physics from ripping it apart. 

Edited by MechBFP

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Might be how time-wrap works to allow the vessel to accelerate while warping without the vehicle getting shaken apart, etc. All the connections come a little loose on purpose  to prevent the physics from ripping it apart. 

Oh, how creatively you found an excuse for bugs. Bravo!

8 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

If I had to wager a guess that is likely on purpose. Might be how time-wrap works to allow the vessel to accelerate while warping without the vehicle getting shaken apart, etc. All the connections come a little loose on purpose  to prevent the physics from ripping it apart. 

wouldn't make sense to show it visually

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Exactly, the physical collider and model can be unattached from each other 

Unless of course the game is in active development and it makes sense to do so in order to have immediate visual feedback on if the system is going loopy during testing.

17 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Oh, how creatively you found an excuse for bugs. Bravo!

It's not a bug if it is being done on purpose. You should take some time to learn a thing or two about how programming works rather than calling everything under the sun a "bug".

5 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

It's not a bug if it is being done on purpose. You should take some time to learn a thing or two about how programming works rather than calling everything under the sun a "bug".

To be fair, the idea that it's intentional is bit of an assumption.

10 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Nothing against your point of view if you like your craft mangled by design. I consider the misalignment a bug. We're expecting sub-milimeter precision. Guess there's gonna be more work for people like myself sending feedback to the devs, while other players can just relax and find excuses for most bugs.

Edited by Vl3d

Just now, Luriss said:

To be fair, the idea that it's intentional is bit of an assumption.

Obviously, at no one point did I state it as a fact.

"If I had to wager a guess"

"Might be"

3 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Nothing against your point of view if you like your craft mangled by design. I consider the misalignment a bug. We're expecting sub-milimeter precision. Guess there's gonna be more work for people like myself sending feedback to the devs, while other players can just relax and find excuses for most bugs.

You are expecting sub-millimeter precision. That is laughably unrealistic unless you want this thing to run at several seconds per frame.

2 hours ago, Stephensan said:

rAnfNzw.jpg

OcJ6SXi.jpg

uTYEoU2.jpg

uTYEoU2.jpg

GE4ydyk.jpg

entire gif frames

Not to interrupt the "KSP-2 flaws hunt train thread" with some hype and speculation, but is that spaceplane just painted black or is that ablative coating?

Among the thousands of people asking where's the anti-aliasing, why the misalignment, and where's the dust storms on Duna (let's not forget the most important the green-ish skybox), did someone ask that question?

53 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Didn't the devs themselves say we were getting that level of precision?

Yes I believe so. I’ll believe it when I see it though because even back then I simply dismissed that statement as hype/PR/lofty goals type speak given how completely unnecessary/expensive it would be to actually attempt to meet that goal for a video game.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

You are expecting sub-millimeter precision. That is laughably unrealistic unless you want this thing to run at several seconds per frame.

That is not how physics integration work. If the scale of 0.5 mm fit sin the float point  they are using (considering native type not any aberration of long number library ) it  cost zero  extra to make  the precision be  1mm or 1 cm or 1 meter.

51 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Not to interrupt the "KSP-2 flaws hunt train thread" with some hype and speculation, but is that spaceplane just painted black or is that ablative coating?

Among the thousands of people asking where's the anti-aliasing, why the misalignment, and where's the dust storms on Duna (let's not forget the most important the green-ish skybox), did someone ask that question?

i think the wings have ablative one in shiny and "overall" flat, while the wings have texture showing similarity's of ablative heat shield., but not the fuselage and it seems it isn't the "dynamic" ones, unless they are showing that the option for a heat shielding will be possible.

AA, no idea where it is at, im thinking more and more they are slowly compiling everything for release

no idea why the misalignment is like that, that is the question that everyone is trying to think of.

Duna dust storms, almost nothing of that of weather related items have been shown, clouds yes, a hint about weather yes, but a actual form of showing weather has not been show beside a ksp 1 mod.

green-ish, kerbalish color, its real and possible for that color to exist., and when we get time i highly think someone high iq person is going to find it among our universe, unless they made it "impossible" with a fake star alignment/galaxys... well it would nearly impossible unless we had tech to know what was a sun, or a galaxy, but ksp 2 surely wont go that far.