There is no orbit inbetween Duna and Jool? Dres is not real confermed!

3 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

In the show and tell

think what he's going for is "Dres doesn't exist, so these images of Dres don't exist".

Which is foolishness. While they may be photoshopped pictures of the Mun, images of "Dres" certainly exist on that page.

In seriousness, one possibility is that Dres has been moved elsewhere, possibly to become a moon (similar to what OPM does to Eeloo). I do hope KSP 2 spices Dres up a bit: as it stands, the only interesting things are its orbit*, the canyon, and the sheer meme potential of an otherwise boring planet.

*Dres's weak gravity well and moderately distant, inclined, eccentric orbit make it a challenge to capture around. Once you get there, landing and takeoff are easy, but you need a big capture burn with precious little help from the Oberth effect.

Since they said they would preserve the kerbolar system as it is I am gonna assume Dres is where it has been and the devs are all just in on the meme. Probably laughed there butts off when Nate came in to check on the work of the tutorials and asks Rafael if he can erase one of the orbits to which Rafael asks why and Nate says "cause dres doesn't exist o_o"

Dres is real...

...but it’s not a planet. It’s barely even a dwarf planet.

I remember seeing a forum thread recently (but can’t find it :/) that showed all the planets and moons in the Kerbol system side by side and just how tiny Dres actually is; from the KSP wiki, Dres (138km radius) is puny in comparison to all the other planets and is only just larger than Duna’s moon Ike (130km), or considerably smaller than the Mun (200km), Moho (250km) and Eeloo (210km).

That star map in the tutorial is obviously showing full planets, not wannabes that can’t even clear their own orbit.

On 5/17/2021 at 5:15 PM, SOXBLOX said:

That's a tutorial. It's probably just simplified. Or an in-joke. I'm sure the devs believe Dres exists.

My first take is that it was the real solar system but it has  that looks like Eeloo (saturn but grey) and an farther planet outside the map more than twice the distance to Jool.