10th Anniversary Easter Egg Hunt

StarSlay3r

To celebrate our 10th Anniversary, we’ve scattered several easter eggs throughout the solar system in the 1.12 PC update. Throughout the next week we’ll be posting hints on where five (5) of these easter eggs can be located, and we’re challenging you to embark on a mission to find them all!

KSP 10th Anniversary Easter Egg Hunt TWFB.png

To successfully participate in this contest, you’ll need to:

• Have the 1.12 PC update installed, then log in to Kerbal Space Program to find the five hidden “easter eggs” throughout the game. 

• Keep an eye on our social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. We’ll post a total of five (5) #KSP10egghunt hints on which easter eggs you’ll need to find and where you’ll find them.

• Reply to this post with a screenshot* (or link to the screenshot) containing the easter egg you found along with a Kerbal and your unique custom flag. Instructions on how to make a custom flag can be found HERE. *Please mark your screenshots as spoilers.

Your screenshot(s) should look something like this:

Spoiler

KSP Anniversary Easter Egg Hunt Screenshot Example.jpg

• As the contest progresses, edit your original post to include any additional easter eggs that you’ve found. 

• Each post containing an easter egg, Kerbal and unique flag will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for a total of five (5) entries per person/account throughout the Sweepstakes Period.

You have until July 2nd to submit your entries. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received, and will be announced on July 5th. Twenty (20) random entrants will each receive one (1) Jeb squishy!

Good luck, and let the hunt begin!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE. CONTEST BEGINS AT 9:00 AM PT ON JUNE 25, 2021 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM PT ON JULY 2, 2021. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED SUBJECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES LOCATED AT http://bit.ly/ksp10egghuntrules

Last night I was anomaly hunting and found one Easter Egg that I believe has not been documented before but I'm not sure if it is one of the new ones or has just been there for a while without anyone finding it. It also might be Making History exclusive considering its location.

Should we wait to post until we receive the hints to ensure its the right Easter egg? Is this thread just for the 5 specific Easter eggs or can we post anomalies in general here?

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

I think you need to do it on Twitter mate.

All entries should be submitted here on the forum. :) Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is just where we'll be posting the hints.

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Should we wait to post until we receive the hints to ensure its the right Easter egg? Is this thread just for the 5 specific Easter eggs or can we post anomalies in general here?

Correct, you'll want to ensure you're only submitting the five easter eggs that we give hints for. Any other easter eggs submitted would not be considered valid entries.
This post is only for easter egg hunt contest questions/comments/submissions. 

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

The custom flag link isn't there, the word HERE isn't a hyperlink...

This has been fixed!

Well, I know I've found the first one! I was almost able to recreate the screenshot from twitter, but I could not get my ship in the background. It is a spaceplane that I made a while ago, so I just flew that to the location after a lot of scanning.

Spoiler

vaqigCJ.png

Here's my second picture! Pretty fun to get a kerbal in the car itself.

Spoiler

g5y8Npe.png

And here we have a lost rover!

Spoiler

k9SXI95.png

I wonder who made this...

Spoiler

iOST5SV.png

Holy moly, this last one took me a long time to find!

Spoiler

MM3x9t5.png

Edited by budgetrocketcompany
Just to add picture

Ok here we go, let's start with the first one I found

Spoiler

I used the Jool position in the hint to eliminate a lot of the locations, the only left was this strip where jool's posistion works. Found it after scanning the area

screenshot1912.png?width=1043&height=586

Heres the second one

Spoiler

After learning how to use scansat properly, I finaly was able to go to Dres and start scanning with real results. Here's the car, too bad it's too small for kerbals:

screenshot1950.png?width=1043&height=586

I have yet to find the third, and probably won't. I found two anomalies on Duna that are new in 1.12, I had no luck finding anything there. It doesn't help the third one is super small. So I am throwing in the towel on this one for now...

Edit: By refining my scanning tactics I found it!

Spoiler

Found it via checking other easter egg coords and crossing those out

screenshot1984.png?width=1043&height=586

I found the fourth one yesterday before the hint was released

Spoiler

Found this one after finding my green monolith in the save

screenshot1959.png?width=1043&height=586

Had no luck on the fifth one... will try again tomorrow, but will probably stop looking for it soon...

Here it is

Spoiler

I actually found this one way earlier than I thought. I found it at the same coords as another place, so I assumed it was just that place. BUT turns out there was something when I looked closer:

unknown.png?width=1043&height=586

Well that's why you never assume things :joy:

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Maybe all these new easter egg points that Laythe once had life. And maybe the Kerbol System has a history and lore. 

Hey @SQUAD maybe update 1.13 will be a non parts, non visual, bug plus lore update... called 

LOREst IN SPACE!

Peace... I'll see myself out.