Fun Fact Thread! (previously fun fact for the day, not limited to 1 per day anymore.)

well i live in a petersburg and i can confirm that our sea lions are bigger than yours. 

once saw a big one sunning himself on the floatplane dock (i was in a boat getting fuel on my way to my sister's house). i didn't have my camera with me unfortunately. he was just lounging about and didn't give a crap about all the activity in the marina. probibly got his fill of herring too. you are more likely to see one than not. 

Edited by Nuke

Human faces are getting smaller.  In fact present day human faces are on average smaller than the faces of people living just 200 years ago 

(We just keep getting cuter!) 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

On 4/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

There are freshwater dolphins, although these appear to live in warmer rivers...

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/freshwater-dolphin-species-and-facts

As dolphins breath air I don't think they care much if its salt or fresh water except how well they float. 
As they are warm blooded they care about water temperature but most dolphins has no problems with arctic temperature. 

55 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I still don't understand. Who started this thing and why does everyone constantly say puns are bad? It has to be some kind of inside joke among people who socialize for enjoyment, right? That little comic made me chuckle, it's funny! It's very annoying that everyone keeps mocking puns like that.

Also, over here we have zero lakes, we do have a bunch of rivers and dams though.

the reason puns are bad is that they usually take no effort to create, and therefor are the lowest form of comedy. you could instead use the more disgusting, yet significantly more classy, toilet humor instead. that's always worth a few laughs. 

Edited by Nuke