[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

10 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

The smallest rocks don't have colliders because they would be extremely annoying.

I am getting some reports that they are not working in some situations and I'm waiting on more feedback so I can pinpoint what is causing this. For the most part, they should work though. I will be monitoring this closely and fixing as soon as I find out the cause

The big rock just to the left of my rover did not have collisions, while the small rock my Kerbal is standing on did have collisions. Hope that helps.

UPDATE: Those currently installing will need to hold off. I'm reuploading the stock textures folder. To do this I had to edit the existing release on GitHub and I assume it would not update any changes until I press "save" but contrary to my belief it went ahead and deleted the StockTextures folder. So, while it is reuploading, hold off for now. Estimated to be done in 30 minutes

edit: should work again now on github

Edited by Gameslinx

2 minutes ago, InterstellarKev said:

So i tried downloading the mod form Ckan but Everything still looks stock? am I doing something wrong or is there more configuring I need to do when I download?

currently the CKAN installation is broken, Linx is working on getting it solved.

43 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

UPDATE: Those currently installing will need to hold off. I'm reuploading the stock textures folder. To do this I had to edit the existing release on GitHub and I assume it would not update any changes until I press "save" but contrary to my belief it went ahead and deleted the StockTextures folder. So, while it is reuploading, hold off for now. Estimated to be done in 30 minutes

Great @Gameslinx just please let us know where it will be first available. Is it GitHub, CKAN or both :-)

1 minute ago, Astra Infinitum said:

Beyond Home planets are in the new trailer, does 2.0 work with Beyond Home??

All the planets in the trailer are stock planets. This will not work with BH until configs are created for it. I have no plans to update the existing configs, but ballisticfox may be doing this in the future

18 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

The update from 1.3.1 to 2.0.0 took about 10 months. The original Parallax, ignoring updates since, took around 3 months

that is some serius dedication

i forget how to spell some words sometimes

the stock texures and the scatter textures have the same folder name

also do i need stock scatters on

Edited by THE_KERBAL

Help? Trying a minimal install and not getting past startup.  Log file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qseQ9FoBpyHRK5qux-_NuTvKwGnOSp9r?usp=sharing

I should mention that the install instructions say that I should have 3 folders, but I only have 2 since the scatter_textures zip file has a "stock_textures" folder in it.

RZW9Ctm.png

Does this work with mac?

I did in fact download it but I got two warnings about my GPU not being DirectX11 and I got a warning t said that Kopernicus could not load the "Planet Pack" and I should check back with the mod creator. Then whenever I click on anything and I get an infinite loading screen.

I'm new to this so if there is a better place I can ask this question people tell me

2 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I should mention that the install instructions say that I should have 3 folders, but I only have 2 since the scatter_textures zip file has a "stock_textures" folder in it.

This is a mistake. I will be changing the instructions included in the download for Parallax. You should move Parallax_StockTextures from both folders into GameData. They contain different things. Merge them in GameData and then launch the game :) 

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

A heads-up for users on the CKAN front:

The 2.0.0 update of Parallax has been added to CKAN automatically, but it is not functional yet! Some pieces are broken or missing: the StockTextures module is installing the wrong file, and the StockScatterTextures module isn't available yet. We are hashing these issues out here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9319

DO NOT INSTALL PARALLAX 2.0.0 VIA CKAN YET.

I will post an all-clear message here when it's ready. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Tagging posters of subsequent CKAN questions FYI: @InterstellarKev

ALL CLEAR:  The above problems have been resolved, and CKAN should now install the latest Parallax correctly. Remember to click Refresh in CKAN to make sure you have the latest metadata.

Well, this has been an adventure getting this installed, however, it appears to be working correct.  My sincere thanks to the many who have tested and especially to Gameslinx for this beautiful eye candy.   A whole new level of immersion and top notch work!   Thank you!

Edited by ItchyBrother

3 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hopefully my log file shows that's what I did? Both zip files were unzipped into Parallax_StockTextures

Sadly the log only shows that the folder is there, it does not tell me that the folders from both zips were merged. Assuming you did this, I found another issue

It looks like Parallax is failing to parse "_FresnelPower" which means something went wrong when you installed the actual Parallax folder - the one which contains the DLLs. I would advise deleting it, and making sure you install the new one.

The log states Moho is failing to load, which is caused by something going wrong in the PQS stage. I would advise a full reinstall if the above does not fix it.