What will be your go to Paint scheme?

Snafu225

On 2/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, Pthigrivi said:

Im psyched we can do this. I like combining turquoise, orange, black, and white. Is there a color picker so we can copy from part to part? I also hope we get our flags back.

v8cug49wt4n71.png?auto=webp&s=84c85f5a84

21 hours ago, jastrone said:

there has to be some way to use the same color twice. anything else would be stupid. and we have seen ships in the videos with much of the same color so it is there. i think you will be able to save a color as a favorite and then you can just select it the next time you make a ship

IIRC, it's a preselect amount of colors. We can't type in hex/RGB codes, but I do believe someone asked Nate about a Hex code selector and he said they would look into it. As we have not seen the color selector for parts since it was shown off, I doubt the hex/rgb code value box has been added. Hopefully it is. I would love to have access to all 16 million colors. 

I'm definitely thinking the classic white and black for most rockets (I'm basic, I know), while the payloads will be mostly metallic because shiny :)))))

However, I will definitely experiment with all black rocket planes, my inspiration being the X-15. I played around with that paint style in KSP1 using TU, and fell in love with it. That, and maybe mess around with green and gray for my high-speed interceptors.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, Snafu225 said:

Hey all you beautiful people out there,

since KSP 2 is coming with custom colour schemes for what seems to be almost everything (as we've seen coloured RCS ports and solar panels by now) I'm wondering: 

What is going to be your go to Paint/Colour scheme for your crafts? 
Will it be a the classic black and white?
Will it be the cool ninja style all black?
Will it be all sorts of weird combinations?
Will it be colour coded by destination/purpose/freight?

Interested to hear your ideas and thoughts

>>Will it be colour coded by destination/purpose/freight? This most likely knowing myself

Think I am going to go with color schemes from NFL teams based on mission.  NFC for Kerbol system, AFC for interstellar.  Divisions to be determined by what the ship is for (exploration, science, mining, colonization - north, south, east, west).

Of course, I say this knowing I'll just be like all white or all black.

Edited by Scarecrow71