What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

8 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

Now I've seen everything: a hippo flying. 

I built it for the Field Science Mission where you have to get a Scientist to a spot on Kerbin and do a set of experiments. Some of those places are dash difficult to reach. The Hippo can carry the gear and has the range to make if from most runways, helipads or airstrips available for a stock Kerbin :)

I played a little today by sending a probe to Jool for a contact and with a second contact for Tylo science transmission after the Jool contract is completed.

02kMPze.png

I then sent some of the newer kerbals on the space program to plant a flag on Minmus for a contact and to get some experience.

There were some concerns about the first flight of a new rocket in the crew cabin.

Bo6BpCm.png

But it worked and later at Minmus, after some screwing around....

FWSEzlI.png

We got everybody's flags planted.

6HSHzx0.png

Training myself to be better with SCAN sat maps, so I sent a surveillance mission to the Mun:

qx7SRxp.png

DiillSB.png

9qA6yI7.png

The main orbiter has full life support, multiple types of scanning equipment, and some surprises:

eWnz5tl.png

PfI8eVq.png

Two deployable 4U cubesats, one with a resource scanner, the other is a comm relay that will be put in a resonant orbit with the main vessel so it's always got a Kerb-net link.

KQSSCdb.png

qM0AkrT.png

CCU8DZe.png

ZDsI0kL.png

The relay sat has a xenon engine, and the resource scanner is conventionally powered:

xZ7i6ZH.png

It was also an excuse to try my new cfg's that add fuel switching to some parts from Nuke Refueled. So far, working great, and the scans have revealed an anomaly that will require further investigation...

KoS

With 1.12.2 I  re-(re-re-re)-started (for the xxx-time) a whole, entire new installation.

The United Kerbal States are ready to roll out, for the "Moho Program", our Moho-RedEtoh assembly, in which Jebediah will try a suborbital flight, first kerbal of the western emisphere to reach space.

Our brave kerbonaut will risk everything in the (un)auspicious named capsule: "FreeBOOM 7"!!

jh4ckoR.jpg

SydnbVK.jpg

GiwKScx.jpg

OWAxgNC.jpg

MtU0ZtK.jpg

XxleoMS.jpg

a69WegV.jpg

Edited by Araym

Tonight my growing Aerospace company successfully completed its first crewed mission to orbit Minmus  and return home with Valuable science to helps us reach the farthest reaches of space! With a closer look at my custom Green Lantern suit in space. 

7FlVEtv.png

MXsRFcO.png

Edited by AMA PR0

I'll start with Hearty Congratulations to @SpacePixel for his publication of SX-11-7 Cassandra.  Well done, SpacePixel!!

Meanwhile, I continue fiddling with Airports.  This time, something controversial[1] in the works...  I wanted to tune my favorite location to own taste.  Baikerbanur.  This is very preliminary but it shows the direction I am preferring.  It has not, by any means, 'gelled', so let's call it a work in progress..  I knew this was going to be a tough assignment.

0b1y7eo.png   d79h18M.png

Since these shots were snapped, a lv-2 crawler-way has been installed between the VAB and launch-pad.

[1] I blitzed the KerbinSide original to perform this 'minimalist' make-over, which I find more in harmony with the tranquil beauty of the location.

Edited by Hotel26

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

The community project is wrapping up

upsilon for anyone who doesn’t know is a colonization effort. It has some of the largest bases ever made in ksp.

The Frontera project was to make a colony at each mun arch and here’s our results so far. There is still a couple crafts left tho
screenshot2527.png
screenshot2522.pngscreenshot2515.png

sent on mobile

A pretty conventional series of missions- fix a rover, rescue a Kerbal in LKO, dropped a mini lander on Eve while the orbiter continued on to Ike, shot a couple of tourists into space and back… More funds for the extortionate facility upgrades, I still need at least 6 million funds to get everything up to level 3.

And yes, I did say Ike- it lives around Eve in the Snarkiverse; Gilly is elsewhere (the KSC crew in my report/story series haven’t figured out where yet) and Duna now has two moons, though they haven’t figured out which two.

I got comfortable with procedural wings. The main wings on each plane are 4 wing pieces and 3 elevons each. This airliner's vertical wing is also procedural. Saving them as subassemblies works so I can drag and drop them onto new planes with ease.

VREJQ3O.png

The vertical wings on this one are not procedural and were later replaced by procedural ones like them. The replacements perform far better and were used as the main wings of a short Mk2 hypersonic test plane.

e6oWrWj.png

Spoiler

And that test plane encountered trees at a whopping 1.5km above sea level on JNSQXjnSPWT.pngl3eDais.png

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
14 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Have resumed progress on planet I am making

unknown.png

Heres the texture map (sorry for two posts)TV2.png?width=1173&height=586

13 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

This is a first...

Had to rescue a Kerbal from one of @ColdJ's H.A.D.D airlocks floating all alone in space... So strange. 

5D92R8k.png

Ok so, First: How did that happen? And Second: a door to a pocket universe?

Added a search and rescue helicopter based on @SPEKTRE 's brilliant Kind II helicopter.

Their's available here https://kerbalx.com/SPEKTRE/Kind-II

My K9N4 Search and Rescue here.  https://kerbalx.com/ColdJ/K9N4-Search-and-Rescue2

Mine uses a hinge so you can tilt the rotor for level forward flight.

Possibly useful for @Caerfinon's Sea rescue missions. Especially if you add some Kerbal Attachment System winches over each door to pluck survivors from the sea.

zt0LxbY.jpg

nfcU8Ug.jpg

4rKejgF.jpg

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Ok so, First: How did that happen

Stock rescue contracts randomly choose parts that have crew capacity >0  Unless you use  a mod like KSP Rescue Contract Fix and whitelist only the parts that should be used. Now I have a mod to install.  :)

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

And Second: a door to a pocket universe?

One can only hope.