What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Once again I need to fly in a buggy for a surface survey contract.

I made a new design and tested it on the Island.

s0TAL70.png

Lihu7b9.png

hNqGYLa.png

I did made a buggy with the new wheels, but they are so small.... <_<

9FCZ4rX.png

Edited by Triop

Came back to my base camp after driving around Eve. Started April 9th, done nothing else KSP. Mission launches started February. Exhausted, will make full writeup and pictures in appropriate thread tomorrow or so.

Did a dozen Coast Guard rescues with this:

5wokMWB.png

Yes, that is a Firespitter helicopter with some stock lights. Firespitter still works in 1.4.3! Kind of like the Energizer Bunny of KSP. :D

22 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Firespitter still works in 1.4.3! Kind of like the Energizer Bunny of KSP. :D

I miss using mods, this is so tempting...

..but I'm dedicated to my 1.4.3 vanilla career right now... <_<

But some day . . . :ph34r:  Krimson will return

Edited by Triop

I finished up my cockpit IVA modeling and texturing:

iffTqLi.png

m2BkYIT.png

No props yet, this is just the interior mesh. I also started working on the crew cabin IVA:

QNvXkRb.png

pGW6eOs.png

It seats 4 and has space for a small food prep area and lavatory. Finally, I took my flying saucer on a test drive:

rXxlU1a.png

SxYfjmM.png

It flies pretty well. :)

Can you say 'dumb'? I can.

I have a series of relays in an orbit between Dres and Jool, and I went to adjust / circularize the orbit of the last constellation member... it should have been a 30-some-odd minute burn (Ion). Well, I had dinner. Yep, I forgot about it. I returned to find the craft still in a burn, heading out of Kerbol's SOI... 1hr and 22mins worth. So now, I'm fixing it. Thankfully I actually have the fuel to do it.

KAC KAC KAC

2 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Can you say 'dumb'? I can.

I have a series of relays in an orbit between Dres and Jool, and I went to adjust / circularize the orbit of the last constellation member... it should have been a 30-some-odd minute burn (Ion). Well, I had dinner. Yep, I forgot about it. I returned to find the craft still in a burn, heading out of Kerbol's SOI... 1hr and 22mins worth. So now, I'm fixing it. Thankfully I actually have the fuel to do it.

Reminds me of that one Stratzenblitz video, the Eeloo Station one, where he does like a 3 day long ion burn. I honestly lack the patience to use ion engines at all.

12 hours ago, Delay said:

Today I found out what controls the behavior of the RCS jetpack, so whether the kerbal looks in the direction of the camera or not.

SAS.

Yes. And when you turn SAS off you can also use the left-mouse-button to grab the Kerbal and drag it around to any orientation you want.

Yesterday i have fly the last KSS Life Support and Crew change, before Explorer-1 reaches Sarnus after 20 years from Jool.

when it reaches Sarnus Explorer-1 will perform a Capture burn and wait there until KSC has sended the new Maneuvers for the Voyage to Urlum.

(Signal delay is now at arround 10-12mins)

Today I decided to take a look at some of the new launch sites dotted around Kerbin.

Woomerang confuses me.Apparently you have to launch the rocket to get the rocket on the launchpad. :confused:

qbytu7Q.png

I built my first actually good aircraft and proceeded to try to land it in weird places. Thank goodness for the save button. I did NOT manage this on the first try (or 2nd, 3rd...etc.)

LeNjGn8.png

Alas, while I was uploading this picture, I checked back to the game and found the brakes had let go, leaving Valentina stranded.  Valentina tried to run after it but to no avail.

dPMbZaA.png6hG6m7o.png