Jump to content

[1.8.x-1.10.x] Module Manager 4.1.4 (July 7th 2020) - Locked inside edition


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Voidryder said:

@MeCripp and @Sigma88 

Both your MM scripts gave me the same results - worked for some, but not for all. BUT I'm ok with that as I can now use the majority of the docking ports with each other. Thanks for your help.

Could you upload your modulemanager cache so we can se what's going wrong

Also write a couple of names of parts that were not affected so I know where to look :wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Could you upload your modulemanager cache so we can se what's going wrong

Also write a couple of names of parts that were not affected so I know where to look :wink:

Ok, here goes. I uploaded two cache marked respectively MeCripp and Sigma88. Both gave the exact same number of patches: 23927

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p44kgvxe0b3jmhr/MeCripp_ModuleManager.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xca3zackyzsjlfn/Sigma88_ModuleManager.7z?dl=0

 

I didn't test each and every docking port I have in my game because that would be a lot. I'm fairly heavily modded. How I tested was that I built a simple testing rig with 17 ports that I use and a simple docking rig with a Clamp-O-Tron. Then once in orbit, it was trial and error.

 

Here's a list of the ones that I did test that wouldn't mate to a stock Clamp-O-Tron:

Tantares: T-350 Docking Probe   T-350 Docking Drogue

CxAerospace: APAS(Active) LO4F

BlueDog Design: Kane-11 DPM6 0.625 Active   Kane-11 DPM6 0.625 Passive

Contares: DM2 International Docking Port

Chaka (CMES): Chaka/Orion Docking Port

 

Other docking ports by Tantares, Contares, BlueDog and Chaka did seal the deal with the Clamp-O-Tron.

And Sigma88, I am a novice when it comes to MM scripts. i usually find one of someone else that is doing something similar to what I want to do and tweak it until it works. Not very eloquent I know.

Thank you both for all of your time you are spending on this. I'll take all the words of wisdom you wish to bestow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Voidryder said:

Ok, here goes. I uploaded two cache marked respectively MeCripp and Sigma88. Both gave the exact same number of patches: 23927

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p44kgvxe0b3jmhr/MeCripp_ModuleManager.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xca3zackyzsjlfn/Sigma88_ModuleManager.7z?dl=0

 

I didn't test each and every docking port I have in my game because that would be a lot. I'm fairly heavily modded. How I tested was that I built a simple testing rig with 17 ports that I use and a simple docking rig with a Clamp-O-Tron. Then once in orbit, it was trial and error.

 

Here's a list of the ones that I did test that wouldn't mate to a stock Clamp-O-Tron:

Tantares: T-350 Docking Probe   T-350 Docking Drogue

CxAerospace: APAS(Active) LO4F

BlueDog Design: Kane-11 DPM6 0.625 Active   Kane-11 DPM6 0.625 Passive

Contares: DM2 International Docking Port

Chaka (CMES): Chaka/Orion Docking Port

 

Other docking ports by Tantares, Contares, BlueDog and Chaka did seal the deal with the Clamp-O-Tron.

And Sigma88, I am a novice when it comes to MM scripts. i usually find one of someone else that is doing something similar to what I want to do and tweak it until it works. Not very eloquent I know.

Thank you both for all of your time you are spending on this. I'll take all the words of wisdom you wish to bestow.

the patch applied correctly to the "T-350 Docking Probe"

since I have no idea how the parts work you need to find that out for yourself, I only know how to use modulemanager

the patch does exactly what you asked, it sets 


            referenceAttachNode = top
            nodeType = Size1

 

the one I gave you edits the values only if the node contains them already, the McCripp one will also add the parameters to the modules that are missing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I address two different nodes with the same name? I can do this, but what if there are two ModuleScienceExperiment and they have different experimentID and different xmitDataScalar?

@PART[mypart]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
	{
		@xmitDataScalar = 1
	}	
}

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phoenix Nebula said:

Can someone briefly explain what Module Manager does?

 

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

It modifies objects (planets, parts, etc.) in the KSP simulation at game load time, dependent on various conditions.

More precisely it is used to modify anything that was declared as a node in a cfg file. Parts, Resources, etc. Planets: Only for certain mods that add new planets. Stock KSP doesn't do planets that way so you couldn't use MM to modify such planets. It does all this before the config nodes are actually processed by KSP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

How do I address two different nodes with the same name? I can do this, but what if there are two ModuleScienceExperiment and they have different experimentID and different xmitDataScalar?

This should do it:

@PART[mypart]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],*
	{
		@xmitDataScalar = 1
	}	
}

it'll change "xmitDataScalar" to 1 on all MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment] in PART[mypart].
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

This should do it:

@PART[mypart]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],*
	{
		@xmitDataScalar = 1
	}	
}

it'll change "xmitDataScalar" to 1 on all MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment] in PART[mypart].
 

Thanks :) That will achieve my ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

ETA on 1.2 compatibility?

Probably longer than 12 hours after the 1.2 beta releases?   I don't know of if I can stomach the "update?"  questions that are bound to come flowing in. 

 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

You can always try it yourself!

Well, the good news for @sarbian is that ModuleManager will only need a simple recompile to work. I had trouble getting the project to compile in VS 2010 (I need to update, I know...), something about an "Invalid option '5' for /langversion; must be ISO-1, ISO-2, 3 or Default" that I'm not familiar with, and StackOverflow isn't helping. But I stuffed the code into a fresh VS 2010 project and got it to work. Well, after I hacked the version checker.. :) I don't want to step on any toes, and I know Sarbian is busy with KSP, so I thought I'd ask before posting my temporary solution.

Edited by Angel-125
Link to post
Share on other sites

I compiled against KSP 1.2 using VS2015 with no problems.  For the bleeding-edge Kerbalites out there who just can't wait (I'm looking at YOU, Jeb), here you go:

ModuleManager-2.6.25.2.zip (link censored)

This is a TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL, UNSUPPORTED BUILD.  My entire testing with it lasted about 5 minutes.
DO NOT BUG SARBIAN IF SOMETHING DOESN'T WORK!

Hopefully that'll simmer down the rowdy forum hordes for a few hours and keep 'em from pointing pitchforks at Sarbian.

ps. Sarbian if you disapprove of this post just delete it and let me know and I'll take down my link.  Note I versioned it the way I did in order to leave 2.6.26 for you, and skipped 2.6.25.1 because I made a mistake that was live for a few minutes during my first attempt at this.

EDIT: Sorry guys, removed this link at Sarbian's request.  Wait patiently, and if you really want to experiment with ModuleManager in the meantime, you'll need to compile it yourself.

Edited by Fwiffo
Remove link
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

I compiled against KSP 1.2 using VS2015 with no problems.  For the bleeding-edge Kerbalites out there who just can't wait (I'm looking at YOU, Jeb), here you go:

<snip>

I can tell you if you just re-compiled it it will break under certain conditions. You have been warned, and don't bug Sarbian when it does. You would be best waiting until it get's updated officially.

Edited by JPLRepo
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

ps. Sarbian if you disapprove of this post just delete it and let me know and I'll take down my link.  Note I versioned it the way I did in order to leave 2.6.26 for you, and skipped 2.6.25.1 because I made a mistake that was live for a few minutes during my first attempt at this.

I do.

I understand that you want to help but what it actually does is we end up with people reporting bugs with mods they should not be using. I will have an official MM ready for later when the builds are more about balances and polish than bugs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, i'm trying to make an MM patch that multiplies all the engines' isps by a certain value (to play 6.4x kerbol) but the problem is the isp value has a strange format in the part cfg files:

atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 310
			key = 1 285
			key = 9 0.001
		}

Where the first number after "=" either vacuum (0) or sea level (1) and the latter is the isp there

I can just replace a value with something like @key,0 = 0 930 but since all the engines have different isps i would have to make it for every one of them, is there a way to multiply all the isp values without changing the first number?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Morx said:

Hello, i'm trying to make an MM patch that multiplies all the engines' isps by a certain value (to play 6.4x kerbol) but the problem is the isp value has a strange format in the part cfg files:

atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 310
			key = 1 285
			key = 9 0.001
		}

Where the first number after "=" either vacuum (0) or sea level (1) and the latter is the isp there

I can just replace a value with something like @key,0 = 0 930 but since all the engines have different isps i would have to make it for every one of them, is there a way to multiply all the isp values without changing the first number?

I dont remember if it is:

@key,*[1, ] *=

Or

@key[1, ],* *=

Probably the first one

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Snark locked this topic
  • Snark unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...