All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That is great to hear and glad that stuff is not being put on the back burner.
  3. It would be very interesting to know if Soviet space artists took notes on what their Western counterparts were doing, or if they both read Jules Verne as kids and ended up following the same (convergent) evolutionary path.
  4. A difficult case. The developers are doing anything, but not what this game is. This is just nonsense and clowning! What clouds? Why are they needed in a space simulator at all? This game is an obvious fraud. And it’s unlikely to ever be finished!
  5. Wanted to post configs for Legacy OPT In no way am I good at this, and I don't understand half the code, but I got this to work for me. If anyone would like to clean this up then be my guest! TURD - Legacy OPT : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3nYEu_UPSOe1ijoFDrGIpaa5cQANy6g/view?usp=sharing
  6. Agree with leaving the manuver node calc unlocked / available even without enough fuel for it. Cause If im short delta v I can try to make up the difference using monoprop. But without even being able to know?? Hurts the game.
  7. Not really, Star Wars after the first 1-2 film was just bad writing. First movie was good vs evil, and the next 2 followed that line—ignoring a huge plotline about the droids, IMHO (they're clearly sentient). The prequels ruined everything. Making "the force" heritable means that the story is no longer good vs evil—it's evil vs evil. The non-force capable galaxian citizens—the bulk of the population—are to be ruled by their betters, whether they like it or not. "Good" branded Jedi, or "bad" branded Sith. Both are magical beings who have power over regular people. Even if the "good" are in charge right now—all that needs to happen is for one of the good guys to get angry... it's rule by hereditary kings, and you might get a great one, you might get a maniac. I'd argue having set up hereditary force nonsense, the new movies should have not had the First Order as the bad guys, vs Jedi—it should have been all the regular people vs the first order AND the Jedi! Death to the totalitarian wizards! The regular people rise up with their allies: the abused, chattel slaves—the droids!
  8. https://www.walkfree.org/global-slavery-index/map/#mode=data Still a very big problem
  9. Update out now And I think that's it for this mod folks! Thanks for being part of the journey
  10. Today
  11. Look's great, hiring BlackRack and Nertea show that despite taking a while, you all know exactly what you're doing. I know there's some serious doomer posting in r kerbalspaceprogram, but you guys are doing great work, if you get colonies out by summer with an improved science mode , this game will pull a No Man's Sky. I really think a kerbol system scaler would be a good improvement to add. 1.0 is vanilla, 2.7 is hard, 5.3 is nightmare. It adds incredible replay value and forces players to look more closely at some of the harder mechanics. IE: Gravity assists, orbital construction. Keep up the good work ya'll!
  12. Floor 4763: You enter a white void and wake up. All you see is yourself. Nothing else is around you. But then, the white void goes dark and you are orbiting jool without a spacesuit, flying around. You don't feel the need to breathe. A kerbal passes by and stares at you with a slack-jawed face. He says, "What is this abomination! I thought they killed themselves all months ago! They failed the threshold and are too violent!" You then wake up orbiting a planet you know is called Ned for some reason, and as you stare at its blood-red clouds, a kerbal passes by and says, "New planet orbiting kerbol? That's the fourth so far! I need to burn retrograde and run experiments, this is important!" The kerbal proceeds to reenter their ship, point the nuclear engines towards you, and fire. You wake up on Floor 4764. The only thing you remember from the traumatic experience is the name Ned. You wonder who Ned is.
  13. You're right, and I have no illusions that in reality it's not that easy. But; perception is reality, and for many the question is why the game does have all these bugs that were already solved in the first version. And as hard as some of these issues are to solve, it's not unreasonable either to expect these kind of already-solved problems to be solved, especially more than a full year after the initial release that had a top-dollar asking price. It doesn't help—again, perception—that Intercept decided for most of that time period to simply ignore those errors and not do anything about them. None of that might be rational or reasonable, but the end result is that an uptick in satisfaction has a short lifespan as long as those standing grudges haven't been addressed.
  14. hope they add godrays! They'll look great w/ the clouds
  15. Granted. It instantly collapses into a sphere, heating up in the process and ejecting debris. It interacts with the moon and most of the debris ends up on both earth and the moon. Most life on the earth is wiped out. I wish for two wishes.
  16. I don't think this is possible with the stock gimbal module but I did find this mod that looks like it might provide what you're looking for.
  17. I'll throw a hat in the ring: L.A.Y.T.H.E Mineral Water Like expensive water on earth but actually tasting better, like blueberries! Has a slight blue tinge. Comes in a cool bottle designed like a seperatron with a high-res picture of Laythe, which is at minimum 8K resolution. "Harvested from the shores of Laythe, we at L.A.Y.T.H.E aspire to bring kerbals the cleanest water possible. Straight from the tropics of this moon, to your stomach.* *Only about 30% of water is from Laythe. The rest is from Vall because our lander had too little delta-v.
  18. Glad to hear from y'all I am quite weirdly excited about the realistic hydrogen plumes!
  19. Great update. Looking forward to more. Also good to hear some sticky bugs are getting fixed, I'm sure they were a pain to figure out and address. Those clouds are amazing, can't wait to fly through them!
  20. I'm really happy to see this communication but it didn't really scratch any itches for me. Nate, I almost want to hear more about how you plan to communicate moving forward than hearing about the next patch. The next patch to me should be coming soon and itll address whatever your team focused on which is a positive step forward. How do we improve communication. How can we help give feedback to your direction while you progress. It feels like we are at risk of building to requirements that may be disconnected from the stakeholders needs. Better communication, earlier and more meaningful can help us avoid that. I really like KSP2, I'd like to see it mature to a state that keeps this community strong.
  21. It's easy. Just get good But seriously. Getting interplanetary is not the easiest right now (and sometimes not even outside of Kerbin) so I wish you the best of luck and may the kraken slayers bless your voyage.
  22. Agree, extended family groups was the standard social unit until 10 K years ago. Yes it was larger units but they was mostly to meet others, trade and solve conflicts. Slavery was mostly ancient, it died out in most of the world, yes you had forced labor, but much softer. Slavery got an upswing after colonization of America as it was an labor shortage. Now part of the reason slavery died out in Europe and probably other places is that slaves has an added cost, you have to hire guards to keep them in line or treat them well enough that they stay. If you can hire people cheap enough why use slaves, if you have enough hungry unemployed they are likely cheaper. Back in the bronze age wage labor was not really invented yet, you was part of the family or you was paid for an task like gig or day work, or you was an slave. Rome and some other place probably took so many slaves because their wars they became an slave economy. Taking Jerusalem after the Jew revolt paid for Colosseum. Imagine wars being profitable, expensive weapon system has multiple benefits
  23. They do look even more impressive, but Blackrack is famous for his KSP1 mod Volumetric Clouds.
  24. Ugly orbital station for the Mun. Yes loyal followers, I continue to dance around a proper Duna mission. I don't know if I'm overcomplicating things or what, but getting there a third time is really beating me down. 25km orbit which passes almost directly over one of my previous missions. This was supposed to be an uncrewed mission. It wasn't until after I took the previous picture and turned the HUD back on that I realized Tim C. had stowed away... The solar panel placement is not EVA friendly so when I did EVA, he kept colliding with the craft. After getting free, somehow that turned my almost perfect 25km (25,119/25,096) orbit into a 29km AP/24km PE. I shudder to calculate the eccentricity of that.
  25. Yes getting into orbit orbit after flying in the atmosphere of Saturn. An nuclear ramjet switching to liquid hydrogen then atmosphere get too thin even then hypersonic is the closest tech option.
  1. Load more activity