[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Does what KIS tell me my Kerbal weight have an actual effect? I use kerbalmass mod to lighten my kerbals so they can float with betterbouyance. I have my wieght set to 0.04t. IS there anyway to change it for KIS if it is affecting anything. Thanks!

Can compatibility with kerbal mass be fixed?

Anybody else getting noticeable FPS lag when you move the camera with the mouse and your mouse happens to move over the kerbal inventory? I'm also noticing it when the container inventory is open, but when the mouse is in a random spot that seems to change each time.

Hey, I've noticed some lag too! Don't know if it's only when the mouse is over an inventory, though...

Great mod! Had it installed today and I'm not familiar with all of it yet...

In the OP Kospy recommends removing the MM cfgs that allow you to grab parts with KAS from the KAS folder. I think this is why the KIS restrictions don't apply to certain parts. My understanding is that this functionality will be removed from KAS when it is updated.

Cheers buddy,

I remapped the KAS key to P instead of G and this has solved all problems. However I have identified something new:

I have orbital material science mod or some such, it often gives me two part contracts:

1. Run experiment X in orbit.

2. Recover Experiment X at Kerbin.

So Get my rocket into orbit, out goes the engineer and places experiment X (POSA I / PPMD) it does its thing and runs the experiment. When complete and finalized, engineer goes out and recoveres the experiment and store it in his inventory. The ship lands on Kerbin, and I recover. I get the science from the experiment, condition 1 of the contract is completed, but not condition 2. It is as if placing it into the inventory hides the part from the contract gods.

It is a trivial matter as I force complete in the debug menu. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this problem and has a fix?

Cheers

Help me understand this. Is KIS a replacement for KAS then? Or are you saying in order to keep KAS in the future and use containers, I need to now also install KIS? Could KIS be merged with KAS so we don't have to manage two additional mods for what KAS was already doing before?

Help me understand this. Is KIS a replacement for KAS then? Or are you saying in order to keep KAS in the future and use containers, I need to now also install KIS? Could KIS be merged with KAS so we don't have to manage two additional mods for what KAS was already doing before?

Sounds to me that KIS will take over the majority of KAS and KAS will become a extra parts pack adding the pipe lines, wenches, ground anchors, etc..

Yea, would be nice for those who want both if it was combined. But some people may not want the extra parts. Just enough to be able to reconfigure with stock after launch

Enceos: it looks like right now there is no way to make a part attachable to the ground. I very much doubt dropping an item attaches it.

There is away with a old plugin that still works.

EDIT- The mod was Foundations if you add the MODULE to a part it will stay, I put it on landing legs for the slope landings hehe.

EDIT- This was the thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56262-Plugin-0-22-WIP-Foundations-UPDATE-ALPHA-RELEASE-0-2 but looks like the download don't work anymore.

Edited by Mecripp2

The mod is a branching of KAS's inventory/storage system and the EVA grabbing modules. KAS was/is about ways to attach parts together (winches, pipes, the settable struts, etc). The inventory storage and EVA grabbing was added later to KAS, since they go well together. This mod overhauls that part of KAS to something better. Once KAS is updated, it will most likely remove the grabbing/inventory parts in favor of this mod. In reality, it'll probably be easier to manage and debug if they are separate, since each mod can be more specialized.

(note: I'm not a dev or anything on this mod, I'm just inferring from what I've seen in this thread and watching KAS get upgraded/expanded)

As great mod, works pretty stable with some quirks.

But what i miss: an action to detach AND/OR destroy (remove) something. Dropping on the ground to remove something from the inventory or ship works not so stable and is prone to crashes.

I had a very brief play with KIS tonight. It seems part of the idea is that you do not need carryable containers because you can carry several on the kerbal by default.

I was, however, quite disappointed: there seems to be no way (perusing the code) to make it so certain parts cannot be attached to other parts (ie, attach only to ground/static). The basic logic is there, but not the method to set the flag.

I mean like several big parts that are in a container.

Anyways, it's only the first release, plenty of room for change and improvement.

Um, slap some wheels on that bad boy, a solar panel and a probe core and wheel it around? or wheels and a which and pull it to the work site? just some ideas.

Can compatibility with kerbal mass be fixed?

Hey,

did you experience any problems with KIS and KerbalMass?

I get quite some exceptions since I installed KIS (using the exception detector plugin), but I do not have KerbalMass.

However I thought about supporting KerbalMass for my SETI-BalanceMod (link in signature) and if you encountered problems, details about them would be very helpfull.

edit: Ah, I see, KerbalMass settings simply cease to work if KIS is installed. This is a major bug/compatibility issue and affects BetterBuyoancy as well, since that one essentially needs KerbalMass settings to work (if you do not like kerbals playing fish)

Edited by Yemo

Not sure what bugs are posted or not. But I noticed the container weight increases both on adding to and removing items. So the weight can skyrocket and become hundreds of tons when empty. :P

I can confirm this issue. Removing objects from the containers adds the mass rather than subtracting it. Maybe an error in the code? Adding mass when it should be subtracted?

I can confirm this issue. Removing objects from the containers adds the mass rather than subtracting it. Maybe an error in the code? Adding mass when it should be subtracted?

I'm not seeing this. What are the steps to reproduce it? Like what specific part are you removing from the container?

I've tried every variant of the actions and I can't reproduce it here.

Edited by smjjames

Hey,

did you experience any problems with KIS and KerbalMass?

I get quite some exceptions since I installed KIS (using the exception detector plugin), but I do not have KerbalMass.

However I thought about supporting KerbalMass for my SETI-BalanceMod (link in signature) and if you encountered problems, details about them would be very helpfull.

edit: Ah, I see, KerbalMass settings simply cease to work if KIS is installed. This is a major bug/compatibility issue and affects BetterBuyoancy as well, since that one essentially needs KerbalMass settings to work (if you do not like kerbals playing fish)

Thats what I thought I was experiencing. I just want to confirm though since no one else was reporting it. I follow your mod close :) and use everything you list except RT so far so I am always watching for incompatibilities or issues. I hope this will be compatible soon as both are must haves. Kerbalmass+Betterbouancy is so convenient and simply implemented its a no brainer.

Can I move parts that are too big for the inventory? For example, can I have a free-floating girder in a cargo bay that I grab and carry over to attach to my space station? I'm trying it and it doesn't seem to work, but I might be missing something.

Edit: It works on the ground, but not in space?

Edited by HerrGeneral

Has anyone else tried stacking parts in a container? Everything I put in the container says stackable is false. This includes things that, according to the settings.cfg, should be stackable. For example, KAS struts and pipes.

Has anyone else tried stacking parts in a container? Everything I put in the container says stackable is false. This includes things that, according to the settings.cfg, should be stackable. For example, KAS struts and pipes.

KAS pipes for me will stack in the VAB. They're the only thing I've found that does stack. Haven't tried outside of the VAB because my lack of spare time has caused me to not be able to even start to muck around with this.