Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Can we get the "Which information should your support request have" thing on all the technical support subforums? So many people ask for support without providing logs, specs, or mod list.

Stickied posts don't seem to work, either, for the forums that already have them. What's really needed is a template that shows up in the box whenever you start a new post in that forum.

My question is: are the moderators rewarded for their service to this great community?

I know you pplz work hard to keep the forum safe and civil and I would like to know if there is a patreon or paypal account I could donate to so you guys and gals can have a drink on me?

8 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Stickied posts don't seem to work, either, for the forums that already have them. What's really needed is a template that shows up in the box whenever you start a new post in that forum.

Or better yet, an actual submission form with all fields required.

8 hours ago, James Kerman said:

My question is: are the moderators rewarded for their service to this great community?

It's actually pretty rewarding on itself.

But, no, we don't have any donation channel set-up. Individuals might have, but I wouldn't ask for donations for myself for doing this.

If I'm ever around you, tho, I'll give you a call and charge that beer :wink: 

I have no idea where to put this, or if it justifies its own thread, so I put it here. Starting Yesterday, I can no longer access my notifications. The circle spins indefinitely. If I click on "show all notifications", it says that the page is unavailable. Mail/Messaging still works however. 

Edited by Guest