Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

14 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

Hi mods

I was wondering if I can create a thread in the Add on release without a download link for *some time* not as long but only for an hour or so

Why don't you just wait to post until everything's lined up? 

1 minute ago, VoidCosmos said:

I am using my tab so

I think what @Vanamonde means is why don't you wait to post into the Add-On release thread until your project is ready for release. However, there's this part of the forum where you can post your mod and the development progress you're making:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/36-add-on-development/

Once you've completed your mod and you feel it is ready to release to the forum family, then either create a new thread in the Add-on Release thread or ask us to move the thread from Add-on Development.

If you have any questions about this process, don't hesitate to ask.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

I think what @Vanamonde means is why don't you wait to post into the Add-On release thread until your project is ready for release. However, there's this part of the forum where you can post your mod and the development progress you're making:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/36-add-on-development/

Once you've completed your mod and you feel it is ready to release to the forum family, then either create a new thread in the Add-on Release thread or ask us to move the thread from Add-on Development.

If you have any questions about this process, don't hesitate to ask.

I have everything ready. But nevermind I'll wait for a while

Just now, VoidCosmos said:

I have everything ready. But nevermind I'll wait for a while

Okay, if you have everything ready, then why wait? Is it because of time constraints on your end? If so, sure, go ahead and create the page now and work on it as you can. Do not forget the licensing for the mod, the source code, and download links, though.  It's just that we prefer a thread in the Add-on Release category have all the parts when it goes live.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Okay, if you have everything ready, then why wait? Is it because of time constraints on your end? If so, sure, go ahead and create the page now and work on it as you can. Do not forget the licensing for the mod, the source code, and download links, though.  It's just that we prefer a thread in the Add-on Release category have all the parts when it goes live.

It's fine. I'll relax for a while. Have been working on the mod for a week. I'll see when I can release it

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question and I think it fits here. I have been looking at my settings in my profile but find that they do not hold the answer, or rather I cannot spy the answer lol. I noticed on my profile page it says when I last visited. I have seen this on other profiles too. I have noticed as well that on some profiles the “last visited” marker is absent. Is there a setting I am not seeing? Just curious.

You have to do it at sign in.  I wish it was just a profile setting, because you have to remember to check it every time you sign in.  Checking this will stop the "Last Online" thing on your profile from updating.  You also won't show up as an active user on the main page, and when you view someone's profile, it won't show up in their profile view history.

I don't know of any way to remove the Last Online thing from your profile entirely.

signinanon.png

1 hour ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Geonovast thanks for the info! I honestly was starting to think I was seeing things after I posted my question. Glad I got to learn a new to me feature of the forums after 6 years 8 months of being a member! 

Don't worry, it happens to all of us.

Just now, VoidCosmos said:

Agree! I just found about it:blush:

For the longest time, under the older forum software, I could not figure out how to get green bars. Not at all. It wasn't until @Red Iron Crown explained what they were that I understood what that feature meant.

Now, we don't have green bars anymore. We have dots.

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

For the longest time, under the older forum software, I could not figure out how to get green bars. Not at all. It wasn't until @Red Iron Crown explained what they were that I understood what that feature meant.

Now, we don't have green bars anymore. We have dots.

I honestly miss those green dots. I wonder if who ever designs/maintains the site itself could implement an option in each users settings to have either the green dots or the ones we have now... I don't know how easy or hard that would be, but, in some update of the software down the road id be thrilled if it could happen. Heres hoping teehee

10 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ok, speaking of questions.... what’s up with the string of numbers after your posts? :blink:

personal reference numbers for me. beyond that, I cannot say.

Edited by AlamoVampire

• 2 weeks later...