Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

7 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Popping in from my absence and quarantine to ask if there is any ETA on the "array" bug being fixed on main profiles.

SoonTM.

According to my limited knowledge, the bug is on IPS' end, not ours, so it came packaged with the forum software. You might have to ask Invision Power directly. :/

The scrolling only happens when you're:

1. Using a browser which supports it.

2. Your screen size doesn't allow the default width of the signature area. 

On my screen and with Microsoft Edge, there isn't any scrolling in my signature area. :)

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

The scrolling only happens when you're:

1. Using a browser which supports it.

2. Your screen size doesn't allow the default width of the signature area. 

On my screen and with Microsoft Edge, there isn't any scrolling in my signature area. :)

Okay maybe I am a tech boomer. I dunno. Thanks anyway. Quarantine has screwed my head over to be sure. 

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Okay maybe I am a tech boomer. I dunno. Thanks anyway. Quarantine has screwed my head over to be sure. 

The only thing I can think of is the last forum software update changed the dimensions of the default signature box. If this is the case... It's new!

6 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

asking for @VoidCosmos and myself, when is 5 dots?

Thanks Hanson

4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Thanks

5 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Stop asking that. :mad: I can never remember where it is and have to keep going to look for it. 

Oh sorry

5 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Tuesday after 3:00 p.m. that's when... :rolleyes:

Hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

What the frick happened here. Every time I tried to post, it was merged with that post, even though @XB-70A posted after me (who was triple posting , seems like another bug). Please, PLEASE

That's not a bug and what's happening is you're posting too close to the moment of your last post. By default, it will merge your posts. XB-70A and you were probably posting near the same time and the forum server handled yours first. 

Just now, adsii1970 said:

That's not a bug and what's happening is you're posting too close to the moment of your last post. By default, it will merge your posts. XB-70A and you were probably posting near the same time and the forum server handled yours first. 

I don’t understand, as XB was also triple posting. Plus I waited a good 15 seconds. Is that too short? It’s weird. However...

it was funny too.

21 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Who knows exactly how this software handles that... I was told the time between the posts before merger wasn't automatic was at least a minute or two. :confused:

tis a mystery that shall never be solved.

but thanks for helping ^_^

@HansonKerman Many of us already saw it in the Number Wars 2 topic (in my case I stopped counting how many times). It appears most often when many users are posting simultaneously or without leaving enough time between each replies. 

@Gargamel & @adsii1970 From what I saw in the topic concerned, it can be a bit longer sometimes. I would say the longest was around 30 minutes in one case (it was the last year).

7 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

oh yeah. Would need serious coordination.

Not really- Just post in that thread solo for a half an hour, at various time intervals. See which one doesn't get merged. Profit!

52 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Not really- Just post in that thread solo for a half an hour, at various time intervals. See which one doesn't get merged. Profit!

jeez, it’s not like I have that patience lol :sticktongue: might try it when I’m bored— these summer-spring days get HOT AND BORINGN