[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Yes, I want to launch my Steiner scout lance to the mun. Because it's still stealth if no one's left to spot you!

Bah worst meme trope ever :D   Besides if they are all coated in Chameleon Light Polarization System No one can see them anyway :D

6 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I was bored, so did a thing. A cursed thing. Care to guess what it is before looking inside the spoiler?

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

9Hk6Qcy.png

Ca0tMgX.png

7CwTv2Q.png

Hide contents

Tada! Thor-Able - Delta IV Heavy. The young one launching the old one.

1fbtFjF.png

6rSqqrk.png

olTxyPz.png

I'm doing Atlas - Atlas V Next.

Spoiler

Might I humbly Suggest Atlas V carrying Atlas Vega? :D  You know... because that is after all what Atlas V means right??? :P

Edited by Pappystein

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I was bored, so did a thing. A cursed thing. Care to guess what it is before looking inside the spoiler?

9Hk6Qcy.png

Ca0tMgX.png

7CwTv2Q.png

Reveal hidden contents

Tada! Thor-Able - Delta IV Heavy. The young one launching the old one.

1fbtFjF.png

6rSqqrk.png

olTxyPz.png

I'm doing Atlas - Atlas V Next.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
f7BYaBc.png
lte4I7K.png
IJq6MTl.png

10 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
f7BYaBc.png
lte4I7K.png
IJq6MTl.png

The challenge is to launch Atlas on an Atlas. :P Or any other 'old' rocket on a 'newer' rocket.

Also, I'm personally trying to get the 'old' rocket into orbit without using any of the 'old' rocket's fuel. 

Edited by GoldForest

Here it is! Atlas-Vega launched atop an Atlas V... Heavy... Super Heavy... This was the only way I could get Atlas Vega into orbit without using any of Atlas-Vega's fuel... For how powerful Atlas V is, it just doesn't have the power to put Atlas-Vega into orbit with a baseline version. Yes, even the 551/552.

Pl2Ksjj.png

ZZc7XdQ.png

ZZPUU94.png

nUcDpqv.png

zIeOCol.png

Last night, I stuck a Mercury capsule on top of a Juno IVB just to see what would happen.

My conclusion: Shepherd would've beaten Gagarin had the Juno IVB not been cancelled.

I didn't get any pictures because I was focused on trying to put up with memory leaks.

2 hours ago, BNSF1995 said:

Last night, I stuck a Mercury capsule on top of a Juno IVB just to see what would happen.

My conclusion: Shepherd would've beaten Gagarin had the Juno IVB not been cancelled.

I didn't get any pictures because I was focused on trying to put up with memory leaks.

I'm considering putting the Mercury Lab in orbit atop a Titan I. It Feels weird that all of those boosters were just ... destroyed.

22 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
f7BYaBc.png
lte4I7K.png
IJq6MTl.png

You know one of the early Saturn A or B program designs (actually it was Juno VB) was basically THIS :D

However that was with Cluster First STage and E-1 Engines,   Cluster 2nd Stage, with a new Vacuum engine and then Atlas Vega.

Edited by Pappystein

@Zorg, @CobaltWolf,

Since there is some ongoing work on the Atlas series, would it be possible to get a revision or addition to an Agena fairing? Several missions (Heavy Ferrets, SAMOS and others) used a simple two-piece conical fairing that exactly matched the diameter of the Agena. Currently, we have the SAF Standard Agena Clamshell Fairing, but it is slightly larger than the diameter of the Agena. I have kitbashed several one piece nose cones, but the SOLTAN nose cone that makes up the top part is not hollow so if you are not careful you run into clipping issues. See below:

ybiixpB.jpeg                                                                AN0Heub.jpeg

The one on the left uses the Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3A and the SOLTAN, and the one on the right uses the Keyhole RVA-1 and the SOLTAN. Both work, but it requires some manipulation to get right. Historically these should be two piece split clamshell affairs. There were several different color schemes,  and believe it or not this beige color (courtesy of Simple Repaint) was actually used on the Ferrets. Note that these all have semi-rounded tops, which is what they were historically. I avoid using Procedural Fairings, as they will only come to a sharp point.

As an alternative, would it be possible to have the SAF-SAC start off with the zero segment model being about the height of the ones I have pictured above? It could gradually get taller as you added segments. Currently the zero segment version is quite tall, with no way of making it shorter.

Thank you for the consideration.

36 minutes ago, Hybr1d said:

Hey guys I just installed the new version of BDB and now my game crashes during loading. If anyone could help that would be great.

Gamedata folder: https://imgur.com/a/cx7Z6Ii

Crash log: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qNePMLeoE5egM4j4D4h4-hO62WOXgtDS?usp=drive_link

thank you

@OrbitalManeuvers might be able to help you with this also could you also add the ksp.log as well 

1 hour ago, Hybr1d said:

moi? idk nuttin. there's this in your crash log:

>> 91% physical memory in use.

You do have every mod installed. Massive part mods, multiple star systems. BDB contains lots of new parts depending on what you're upgrading from. I think you're just out of memory. Your ksp.log just ends while loading textures. Hopefully someone with some actual facts will swing by.

Voyager Mars went to the Mun!

UhQ05It.png

RJYeQrB.png

YW3DdcX.png

8wuu7F0.png

(Remember to always cook your Mun thoroughly.)

5N3p02d.png

Kerbin Setting

EWZXpQ3.png

Spoiler

Bonus image: Check your staging... ejected the deorbit stage before it had a chance to fire... Thankfully Mun has no atmo, so didn't need the heat shield, so just used the descent engines to get into a descent.
1r7jkmz.png

9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

moi? idk nuttin. there's this in your crash log:

>> 91% physical memory in use.

You do have every mod installed. Massive part mods, multiple star systems. BDB contains lots of new parts depending on what you're upgrading from. I think you're just out of memory. Your ksp.log just ends while loading textures. Hopefully someone with some actual facts will swing by.

That’s strange, I have 32 Gb of memory on my pc. I’d thought that would be enough 

4 minutes ago, Hybr1d said:

That’s strange, I have 32 Gb of memory on my pc. I’d thought that would be enough 

I don't think it's a memory issue, I run ksp and bdb with EVE all right with 8GB. Maybe on the update you didn't updated the dependencies. Anyways, might be a good time for a fresh install.

Edited by Gupyzer0
Cellphone trickery

4 minutes ago, Hybr1d said:

Load KSP while watching your memory usage in Task Manager. If it hits 32 GB, then it's a not enough memory issue.

Also, if you have any programs running in the background, make sure they aren't memory intensive. Ex. Google Chrome with 20 tabs open. If you do have a browser open, close all but one, probably two tabs. 

Also also, make sure you're not running a second game in the background that could be hogging memory. 

2 minutes ago, Gupyzer0 said:

I don't think it's a memory issue, I run ksp and bdb with EVE all right. Maybe on the update you didn't updated the dependencies. Anyways, might be a good time for a fresh install.

I don't think it's a memory issue, I run ksp and bdb with EVE all right. Maybe on the update you didn't updated the dependencies. Anyways, might be a good time for a fresh install.

It could be a memory issue. I hit my memory limit a few times back when I was running 32 gigs, and I didn't even have any planet mods. 

11 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Load KSP while watching your memory usage in Task Manager. If it hits 32 GB, then it's a not enough memory issue.

Also, if you have any programs running in the background, make sure they aren't memory intensive. Ex. Google Chrome with 20 tabs open. If you do have a browser open, close all but one, probably two tabs. 

Also also, make sure you're not running a second game in the background that could be hogging memory. 

It could be a memory issue. I hit my memory limit a few times back when I was running 32 gigs, and I didn't even have any planet mods. 

Yeah i think it is the memory. Right before finishing loading the memory hit 98% at crashed. :/ Time for another upgrade ig

2 minutes ago, Hybr1d said:

Yeah i think it is the memory. Right before finishing loading the memory hit 98% at crashed. :/ Time for another upgrade ig

Or uninstall some planet mods. The textures for the planets are real memory hogs.  Uninstalling mods you never use will also help. 

Of course, if you do go the 64 gig memory route, welcome to the club. :cool:

Side note: Just noticed this is my 5,100th post... wow.

Edited by GoldForest

Just now, GoldForest said:

Or uninstall some planet mods. The textures for the planets are real memory hogs.  Uninstalling mods you never use will also help. 

Of course, if you do go the 64 gig memory route, welcome to the club. :cool:

I suppose i could do without the black hole solar system that ive never vistited