[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

Coming hopefully tomorrow.

Finished the alternate variants for the new Atlas V. incl 4 levels of oxidation and 3 fictional paints :) Tanks, raceway, avionics pod & lox tank all independent switches, so you can mix & match

hPVBmrl.png

A grey switch for the engine mount also coming

5asAmWo.jpeg

This is my favourite thing

Swl17sy.jpeg

As is traditional now

6gP1iLZ.jpeg

the Atlas life cycle. Every atlas seems unique when you look at pics. Took some inspiration from various models and colours ofc adjusted to a KSP palette.

BQmYUNg.jpeg

zX6K0k5.jpeg

v17p0w0.jpeg

You had me at white and blue Atlas.

3 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

Hello! I've recently installed the most recent development branch for BDB and my KSP stops loading once I reach this. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

image.png?ex=6664fc7d&is=6663aafd&hm=ede

Not really seen this before, but you can safely remove the thumbs folder and it’s contents, in case its generated a corrupted file. 

Variants on github now

51M1EVg.png

OAlardd.png

LWLt7La.jpeg

B3S57OE.png

kwY6kVR.png

AztjJU7.png

HHmKq9i.png

We also have grey, white, and a slight variation on the IRL atlas colours on the RD180 engine mount. I put some accent colours in there for fun but its a separate switch to the metal ring so you can keep the shroud all white if you want.

CJn6zoU.jpeg

2f8FyAM.jpeg

oxdKseK.jpeg

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

What mod adds the rain?

Blackrack's volumetric EVE. Currently only available on his Patreon page, its supposed to get a public release when out of dev at some unspecified point in the future.

7 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Blackrack's volumetric EVE. Currently only available on his Patreon page, its supposed to get a public release when out of dev at some unspecified point in the future.

Nice, thanks. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

So @CobaltWolf and @Zorg, what's next on the agenda for you guys after X-15 and Atlas?

Another Titan update? More probes? 

I second a Titan update/refresh, with interstages, and that weird Shuttle-mounted Titan II-derived booster thing, and maybe a MOL parts refresh.

Also I would freaking LOVE Conestoga parts, literally just the altitude-adjusted and inline Castor 4 boosters and the avionics unit.

Edited by Entr8899

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

I second a Titan update/refresh, with interstages, and that weird Shuttle-mounted Titan II-derived booster thing, and maybe a MOL parts refresh.

Also I would freaking LOVE Conestoga parts, literally just the altitude-adjusted and inline Castor 4 boosters and the avionics unit.

Shuttle-mounted Titan is literally just LDC Titan with four Titan SRBs as boosters IIRC. 

Edit: Yeah. Titan Shuttle is just Saturn Shuttle, but with LDC with 4 x 1207s SRMs. The only part we're really missing is a LDC to ET adapter, or 3.125m to 5m adpater.

Edited by GoldForest

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Shuttle-mounted Titan is literally just LDC Titan with four Titan SRBs as boosters IIRC. 

No, there was some concept to mount a bunch of cut-up Titan II tanks below the ET with four engines, and it would be jettisoned during flight, idk I can't really remember it.

24 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

No, there was some concept to mount a bunch of cut-up Titan II tanks below the ET with four engines, and it would be jettisoned during flight, idk I can't really remember it.

EfgO1bPX0AE9ZWu?format=jpg&name=large

Only Shuttle Titan I could find was this. 

4.877m IRL = 3.048m KSP (Round up to 3.125m)

5 LR87-AJ-11 with 4 UTC-1207 SRMs.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

EfgO1bPX0AE9ZWu?format=jpg&name=large

Only Shuttle Titan I could find was this. 

4.877m IRL = 3.048m KSP (Round up to 3.125m)

5 LR87-AJ-11 with 4 UTC-1207 SRMs.

Nah, never heard of that. It was one or two sets of Titan II internal tanks cut up and bolted together inside a truss, the same width as the ET but much shorter, with four LR87s on the bottom. I think it may have been proposed for Shuttle-C, I can't remember. It's an awkward one to find. It may have been posted somewhere in the SOCK thread, or in this thread.

Edited by Entr8899

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

Variants on github now

51M1EVg.png

OAlardd.png

LWLt7La.jpeg

B3S57OE.png

kwY6kVR.png

AztjJU7.png

HHmKq9i.png

We also have grey, white, and a slight variation on the IRL atlas colours on the RD180 engine mount. I put some accent colours in there for fun but its a separate switch to the metal ring so you can keep the shroud all white if you want.

CJn6zoU.jpeg

2f8FyAM.jpeg

oxdKseK.jpeg

You know, I honestly never noticed the old Atlas-style avionics fairing on the Atlas V until I saw these renderings. Just to satisfy myself I went back to the NSF pages and sure enough there it was. Excellent work as always @Zorg. The entire BDB dev team should take a great deal of pride in how far the team’s modding skills have developed over the years. I started flying BDB back in 2019 when you were still on some of the old models. The photo-realism of what you produce now is simply stunning. Thank you! @CobaltWolf, @Invaderchaos, @Rodger

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Edit: Yeah. Titan Shuttle is just Saturn Shuttle, but with LDC with 4 x 1207s SRMs. The only part we're really missing is a LDC to ET adapter, or 3.125m to 5m adpater.

No, they are talking about the Booster to lift the Shuttle out of Vandenburg.   It was in fact a cut up Titan II tank set with highly modified LR87s

6 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

No, they are talking about the Booster to lift the Shuttle out of Vandenburg.   It was in fact a cut up Titan II tank set with highly modified LR87s

Ah, I'm not aware of that one. 

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

Variants on github now

51M1EVg.png

OAlardd.png

LWLt7La.jpeg

B3S57OE.png

kwY6kVR.png

AztjJU7.png

HHmKq9i.png

CJn6zoU.jpeg

2f8FyAM.jpeg

oxdKseK.jpeg

I've always had a grudge against Atlas V for dropping the stage and a half, but these are just beautiful. I gotta use it.

12 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

I've always had a grudge against Atlas V for dropping the stage and a half, but these are just beautiful. I gotta use it.

With the new 2.5m mount and skirt, you could do a stage and a half Atlas V.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Yeah that's the one, do you have pictures?

9 hours ago, Zorg said:

Variants on github now

51M1EVg.png

OAlardd.png

LWLt7La.jpeg

B3S57OE.png

kwY6kVR.png

AztjJU7.png

HHmKq9i.png

CJn6zoU.jpeg

2f8FyAM.jpeg

oxdKseK.jpeg

Hey @Zorg , just wanted to inform you, it does seem that the Atlas V heavy side nodes are unavailable when we select them, they don't seem to appear, is it normal? OBV not Game breaker, just wanted to know