[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

49 minutes ago, Rodger said:

You might just need to update, there was a short period where the majority of the thrust from the inline variant was coming from one of the verniers instead of the main bell. You probably downloaded dev between the 13th and 15th of July?

Yup, think I did. I'll update.

Recently whenever I've been switching between BDB's SAF fairings (As in select a fairing part and then choose another option for it: ex: Delta II 1.5m fairing which i select the composite fairing option), the fairing piece ends up being like this picture below, and I can't seem to figure out whats wrong. I have the most recent developmental build of BDB and also have SAF+SAF KW rocketry image.png?ex=66a0f9ca&is=669fa84a&hm=2bcbef62255c2a2b60d5707ede51a8b94261a105fa2e0aff1fad67890c251e9e&=

56 minutes ago, avialuh said:

Recently whenever I've been switching between BDB's SAF fairings (As in select a fairing part and then choose another option for it: ex: Delta II 1.5m fairing which i select the composite fairing option), the fairing piece ends up being like this picture below, and I can't seem to figure out whats wrong. I have the most recent developmental build of BDB and also have SAF+SAF KW rocketry image.png?ex=66a0f9ca&is=669fa84a&hm=2bcbef62255c2a2b60d5707ede51a8b94261a105fa2e0aff1fad67890c251e9e&=

I noticed that bug too. Selecting a different fairing fixes it tho.

58 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I noticed that bug too. Selecting a different fairing fixes it tho.

Nope. I'm not sure what you meant by this, if you meant switch the fairing option/config using the 'fairing type' tab then thats exactly where my problem originated from. My fairings are still broken and I can't seem to find what's the fix.

And if you're referring to just using the stock fairings I can make myself, well thats just avoiding the problem instead of solving it.

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Where is the Titan II interstage? Can't seem to find it on the latest dev build (downloaded today 23 July).

I thought I had lost it too last week.  But a careful search I found it.  The showing of the above the ring interstage now makes it blend in a little easier.   I haven't downloaded todays Dev update so IDK if it is gone right now or not.  But don't use the CCK button for titan, type Titan in the search box, yes it is slower but I find it a little more reliable

You can also do a SPECIFIC Search for:

Titan 1.875m Vented Interstage

or

Prometheus 1.875m Vented Interstage

Edited by Pappystein

38 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Downloaded @NoLifeJordan's KODS mod, which includes new Vulcan parts. My mind may have gone certain places...
TWmM9VO.png
D2QVFgs.png
mbnxJEx.png

F1 engines go great with everything. I regret nothing...

Using Original F-1/F-1A instead of a modern F-1B/CW... cringe. lol, jk. 

38 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Using Original F-1/F-1A instead of a modern F-1B/CW... cringe. lol, jk. 

...yourfaceiscringe...

But real talk, I should have done that. I just like the aesthetics of the classic F1.

2 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

...yourfaceiscringe...

But real talk, I should have done that. I just like the aesthetics of the classic F1.

Yeah, I can understand that. 

17 hours ago, avialuh said:

Recently whenever I've been switching between BDB's SAF fairings (As in select a fairing part and then choose another option for it: ex: Delta II 1.5m fairing which i select the composite fairing option), the fairing piece ends up being like this picture below, and I can't seem to figure out whats wrong. I have the most recent developmental build of BDB and also have SAF+SAF KW rocketry

Not seen this before, would need a copy of your KSP.log (in main kerbal space program folder), and maybe modulemanager.configcache too (in gamedata). zip them up and host on google drive or dropbox or something, and I can have a look.

caught a minor snag on current dev branch, just want to see if anyone else has it or if it's a possible conflict. for some reason the agena 8081 engine has the SOT bell present in every config, seems like its model stays present at all times and other configs have the correct model loaded in underneath it. anyone else seen this?

5 minutes ago, x170doom said:

caught a minor snag on current dev branch, just want to see if anyone else has it or if it's a possible conflict. for some reason the agena 8081 engine has the SOT bell present in every config, seems like its model stays present at all times and other configs have the correct model loaded in underneath it. anyone else seen this?

Oh yeah. I did too. Forgot to report it.

2 hours ago, space-wizards said:

@Pappystein, just as a heads up, the RL-10 update condensing all of the variants into B9 Part Switches broke your Centaur LR119 add-on. When selected, the model does not fully load

I looked at the code yesterday, but didn't have time to run the game (it looked OK)  I will attempt to tackle it latter today

Thanks for the report!

On 7/22/2024 at 1:19 AM, Rodger said:

@Neil Kerman If you want to fix this asap, you can place this file in your gamedata. Should also be fixed next update anyway too.

Applied the fix, now all the parts have a volume of -1. Here is the log. I think it's probably a bug with the Part Volume mod but figured I'd post here to update you and to thank you for the help. I'll probably post something about this on the Part Volume mod's thread.

6 hours ago, x170doom said:

Not sure what could be breaking this, probably need a log.

1 hour ago, Neil Kerman said:

Applied the fix, now all the parts have a volume of -1. Here is the log. I think it's probably a bug with the Part Volume mod but figured I'd post here to update you and to thank you for the help. I'll probably post something about this on the Part Volume mod's thread.

Yeah I think that'll be a bug in Part Volume. I think setting volume to -1 is *meant* to set the parts as unstorable, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. Then there's the fact it's trying to set parts as unstorable incorrectly, like the stock deployable science. You can remove the base PV mod and keep it's generated cfg file, and it should fix it.

Had a hunch and tested it, and it seems it was correct - looks like it's an interaction with KSPCF. Removing KSPCF while PartVolumes is installed stops stock deployable parts having -1 volume. Obviously just removing PV after it generates the cfg is the preferable solution to removing KSPCF though lol. I'll report the issue on the PV github

Edited by Rodger

46 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Not sure what could be breaking this, probably need a log.

Yeah I think that'll be a bug in Part Volume. I think setting volume to -1 is *meant* to set the parts as unstorable, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. Then there's the fact it's trying to set parts as unstorable incorrectly, like the stock deployable science. You can remove the base PV mod and keep it's generated cfg file, and it should fix it.

Had a hunch and tested it, and it seems it was correct - looks like it's an interaction with KSPCF. Removing KSPCF while PartVolumes is installed stops stock deployable parts having -1 volume. Obviously just removing PV after it generates the cfg is the preferable solution to removing KSPCF though lol. I'll report the issue on the PV github

Ok, I need more info.  For example, a list of installed mods, and which part exactly are having the problem.

Also, the ModuleManager.ConfigCache is needed for this as well

And the partVolumes-v4.cfg file is needed as well

PV doesn't do anything other than generate the file.  If it does, you need to restart the game to have the changes applied correctly.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, space-wizards said:

@Pappystein, just as a heads up, the RL-10 update condensing all of the variants into B9 Part Switches broke your Centaur LR119 add-on. When selected, the model does not fully load

d2vHKpX.png

I have a little more testing to do before I PR it but it seems to work now :D  (I had to add ONE LINE to the code!)