[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, NuclearAlchemist said:

How do I install this mod? Are there any prerequisites?

8 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Download from Github (see the original post on page one for the link), unzip, copy the Bluedog_DB folder that is in the Gamedata folder, paste it into your Gamedata folder. It is literally that easy.  The most current dev version is the 1.14-Development branch. Be advised that some elements of that branch may not be finished. The full release is Master branch, which is also downloadable via CKAN, but you won’t have all of the newest stuff. 

We really do not reccomend installing the github dev branch unless you are willing to deal with potential craft breaking changes. Especially for new players, it is better to install from ckan, spacedock or the github releases page. The dev branch is intended for testing and as such there can be issues not everyone is willing to deal with.

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmm, what are these?  ;) (Teaser image)

(Obviously the Gemini one is fictional, but that right one... well, I think that's obvious too... actualy @Zorg any plans to make an official one? I know there's no info on it, but you guys have done totally fictional made up stuck before. Honestly, you could probably just make a 1,875m DCSS to fit atop Atlas and make it Methalox.)

Reveal hidden contents

For those confused, or would like confirmation, on what the right rocket is. It is called Atlas GX (Galaxy Express). A Japanese concept to take a Atlas III and stick a LNG(Methalox) upper stage on it. The LNG stage would have been homebrewed by Japan. The second stage would have also been the same diameter as the Atlas, but I don't have any 1.875m second stages available, besides Titan and Centaur and I didn't want to use them.

No plans for the methalox Japanese upper stage. We leave that up to the players creativity. A single engine mount designed to fit the NK-33 from Estreetrocket's Kistler mod will be made though. This will serve as a first stage mount for J-1A (J1-Upgrade, J-2 or whatever its actual name is) and as a generic mount as well.

12 hours ago, Gupyzer0 said:

This build you have is ok for me!

Yeah baby, the forbidden one!

After thinking it over and taking some feedback from other places, I made the decision to use the simplified mesh for the engine so it will work with the Atlas II skirt and core tank variant. In the end its probably better to make the rocket look right than the engine which is mostly hidden away.

@Zorg, for the Atlas LR-89 booster engine, you have two of the engine selections that are the same. There are two buttons for the  NA3 version and none for the NA5. The LR-105 is okay. FYI.

40 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@Zorg, for the Atlas LR-89 booster engine, you have two of the engine selections that are the same. There are two buttons for the  NA3 version and none for the NA5. The LR-105 is okay. FYI.

I believe I fixed this 3 days ago? Did you update since then?

30 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I believe I fixed this 3 days ago? Did you update since then?

Nope! My download is four days old. Missed it by that much! LOL. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Nope! My download is four days old. Missed it by that much! LOL. Thanks.

No worries. There’s been a significant rebalance of the LR89 since then as well. 

Posted (edited)

I have kitbashed a Titan II first stage derived launcher for a side mounted X-15. I am still tweaking in the design, but I did successfully fly a Cape Canaveral to Wallops mission and put her down on land, just short of the runway. Am having a weird substantial pitch up transient just as the booster is running out of propellent and haven’t figured out why yet. Once I have it dialed in I will post pictures.

Edited by DaveyJ576
Small addition

WRT GX 2nd stage:

Judging by its proposed design, it has a DCSS-like truss with RCS on the bottom. What about cutting the butt from the current DCSS, downsizing it slightly (so the truss would fit into the Centaur interstage) and making it a part variant for Centaur (or Vega) butt? Hopefully this won't require much additional modeling and\or texturing.

1 hour ago, Hybr1d said:

Hey guys whenever i try and launch a rocket using bdb my game closes everytime

gamedata: https://imgur.com/a/5LtOyqP

error log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YwJV9aD_SRieVsgfQvZLIJAYenL8aJIw/view?usp=sharing

player log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WvMZ606VLrButlJikCf8nZnG7A7ezjCe/view?usp=sharing

please help

I don't know what the problem is but I know you shouldn't have BDB_Extras installed like that, especially if you don't know what all the sub-mods do.

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

I don't know what the problem is but I know you shouldn't have BDB_Extras installed like that, especially if you don't know what all the sub-mods do.

oh i dont have every sub mod on there, just the realnames and atlas surface attach

2 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Actually, one of the sub-mods doesn't work unless it's like that with the BDB_Extras folder in the gamedata folder.

4 hours ago, Hybr1d said:

Hey guys whenever i try and launch a rocket using bdb my game closes everytime

I have a couple suggestions for you.

First, you need to get rid of everything called MiniAVC in your install. You have more than one copy installed, so you'll either want to use Explorer to find them all, or install ZeroMiniAVC (which seems gratuitous - you can just delete the DLLs)

Also, since you crashed right as (or right after) loading volumetric cloud textures, you might want to make sure you've followed those install instructions carefully, and make sure your Eve and Scatter are the right versions.

40 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Actually, one of the sub-mods doesn't work unless it's like that with the BDB_Extras folder in the gamedata folder.

Oh really? Times have changed...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Oh really? Times have changed...

Yeah, I forgot which one it is, but its pathing is setup to where it has to read the Extra's folder for some reason. 

Edited by GoldForest

47 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Yeah, I forgot which one it is, but it's pathing it setup to where it has to read the Extra's folder for some reason. 

There's a bunch ... AlternateXLR81Textures, MethaloxEngines, MethaloxRL10, RedstoneAlternateTextures ... probably anything that has a texture in it. These all need to start with the path Bluedog_DB_Extras\

Hi. I'm  receiving a "Loading Failed due to an unhandled error" from b9partswitch. I figured out that the fatal errors are due to the BDB mod but the loading failed error is brand new. Also, why am I getting fatal errors ksp.log.