[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lucius57 said:

Hi. I'm  receiving a "Loading Failed due to an unhandled error" from b9partswitch. I figured out that the fatal errors are due to the BDB mod but the loading failed error is brand new. Also, why am I getting fatal errors ksp.log.

BDB (and near future spacecraft in that log) is just reporting that something it's trying to use is not present, likely due to some installation error. In this case it seems to be the folder in your GameData WildBlueTools, which should be providing an ingame resource and a plugin, which are both not present in your log. The folder being there makes BDB assume WildBlueTools is installed, so BDB is expecting the resource to be present, and when it isn't causes a b9 error.

You should first remove the folder WildBlueTools, and either reinstall it fully (esp if it's required for something else in your install), or just leave it removed.

If after this you still get a b9 error, a pic of the error can make it easier to diagnose too

There's also a lot of errors related to the older version of tweakscale/KSP Recall, I'd recommend removing everything related to them and replacing with Tweakscale Rescaled, which will fix those exceptions, and generally be a less buggy version. You should be able to switch from old TS to TS:R without issues with craft or anything. (as long as you fully remove everything that was installed with old TS/Recall)

Edited by Rodger

Hey I'm back. Thank you so much for your previous advise. The BDB fatal errors went away, however I'm still receiving a loading error. If you're able to help that would greatly appreciated, if not I understand and please direct me to a forum that can because I've never seen this error before and don't know how to classify it. Thanks! ksp.log

Loading Error

I've not seen that before, and honestly at this point I'd consider starting from scratch, with a fresh ksp install, and using CKAN mod manager to install everything.

If you really want to try troubleshoot the current install, maybe try this forum for general modded support https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/70-ksp1-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/

5 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

None of the Herakles/Titan LDC tanks have any fuelswitch options.  Is this an issue on my end to dig into or are other peoples tanks like this too?image.png?ex=663adc67&is=66398ae7&hm=843

There should be a fuel switch yes. Do you have fuel switches on other tanks?

8 minutes ago, Rodger said:

There should be a fuel switch yes. Do you have fuel switches on other tanks?

Paging through, from what I can tell all but the Herakles and Bossart tanks have fuel switch options.
image.png?ex=663ae243&is=663990c3&hm=043

14 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

Paging through, from what I can tell all but the Herakles and Bossart tanks have fuel switch options.

Not sure how this would happen, if you post your ksp.log I can have a look

Just now, Rodger said:

Not sure how this would happen, if you post your ksp.log I can have a look

JUST found and fixed the issue, configurable containers was being Bad so I removed it. Now everything is fine and dandy. Sorry about that.

BTW @Taco Salad, I think what happened is CC tries to replace the normal fuel switch with that 'Edit Tanks' button, so the LDC and Atlas tanks are the only CC patches that actually worked, and other tanks that still had normal fuel switches are tanks that couldn't be patched. It seems like the CC patches are auto-generated, and don't cover enough configuration options for BDB, and was possibly being done in the wrong patch order pass to be effective too.

On 5/6/2024 at 7:10 AM, j-tk said:

Just donated some to you again, I love this mod heart and soul, please keep it alive and growing!

Thank you very much! It's supporters like you that pay for the various expenses for BDB, such as software, cloud storage, and reference materials!

Didn't get much done last week  - my buddy finally started Fallout 76 after I've been bugging him for months - but we're back on track now.

Here's some (very WIP) tailboxes. Several of these were made, and were usually modified for each experiment. They flew on X-15-1 and X-15-3. I don't know if they ever flew on -2 prior to its crash, but after it was rebuilt the helium tank occupied this space.

First, we have the Langley Horizon Definition Experiment. This was meant to determine the stability of the horizon in space (or if it would be broken up by clouds, terrain, atmospheric effects etc). It was indeed a stable reference point, and aided in the development of the attitude sensors for Apollo.

yac3MlM.jpeg

Second, we have the... Apollo Horizon Photometer. Huh. I actually didn't realize how similar they were until typing this, just now.

The first version of this experiment actually rotated that spherical cover to expose the instruments inside. The later flights had a fixed dome, as the wavelengths of the later experiments could pass through the cover.

ZS3wbpA.jpeg

Additionally, the wingtip pods have made it into the game, but they're not very functional yet.

VVYymfk.jpeg

5 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Can I eat tide wingtip pods?

1 hour ago, Pudgemountain said:

Yeah, if you have good dental insurance.

Recorded above is the conversation over the phone between the X-15 engineers and administration after the discovery that extreme weight-reduction measures would have to be put in place for the plane to reach altitude and speed goals

5 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

I finally created a B-52 analogue.  Don't ask why a B-52 has afterburners.

ebTyG8k.pngm6f7T1s.png

I for one encourage the application of afterburners on anything and everything.

3 hours ago, DA299 said:

Is BDB compatible with FAR?

As far as we know it mostly works fine but we don't test with FAR when developing.

59 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@Friznit What mod do you use to get your rocket screenshots for your Wiki? Is it Kronal VV or something else? If it's KVV, how did you get it working in 1.12?

It's KVV and I didn't do anything, it works just fine!

2 hours ago, Friznit said:

It's KVV and I didn't do anything, it works just fine!

Ah, I heard it didn't work in 1.12. I'll download it and give it a try then.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:36 AM, Zorg said:

We really do not reccomend installing the github dev branch unless you are willing to deal with potential craft breaking changes. Especially for new players, it is better to install from ckan, spacedock or the github releases page. The dev branch is intended for testing and as such there can be issues not everyone is willing to deal with.

I used spacedock, and I've already gotten things sorted out. Thanks for the advice, though.