[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 hours ago, Pappystein said:

So, decided to try to use CKAN again (as well as  KJR)  Did a complete wipe of my gamedata folder...   And promptly forgot to backup my personal mods  (Geebus!)   So bye Bye LR87-AJ-11A engine! (amongst many other tweaks I have done)  

Ok over that (that is a lie I am not!).   Installed everything needed for ISS + BDB and ORANGES/Photon Corp.   Here is my 4th launch...  Proper use of early X-15 parts:

uhpvxMT.png

Contract to test Star 31 Antares III scout 3rd stage engine using a Juno Guidance computer, some science bobs, some aerodynamic bobs and of course Real Chute 1.25m conic chute

And I need to install atmosphere/texture mods still...   But oh well system runs good!

With as many mods as I used before my hiatus (started Nov last year), I always did back up once I had something confirmed as stable in a build.  Granted, that drive has died.... but... ideas

On 5/27/2024 at 6:17 AM, GoldForest said:

@Zorg This is your fault. You've unleashed the cursedness inside me. And it can't be contained.

Note: This is just a excrementspost to show what can be done with the tricoupler. I may not actually launch this... or maybe I will... idk. 

hR9diox.jpeg

7Gf5f3B.png

aQs0vQa.png

Someone take this part away from me before I regret what I'm thinking of doing... 

HO87hyH.png

Yep, that is Kerbal

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

I use snip cause it dumps straight to my clipboard instead of a folder.  And I swear it captures a better resolution than normal steam screenshots do.

Steam compresses their screenshots, yes, but KSP's screenshot system does not. F1, KSP's screenshot button, takes a full resolution, uncompressed screenshot. In fact, you can tell KSP to take Superscaled Screenshots if you want even higher resolution. 

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Steam compresses their screenshots, yes, but KSP's screenshot system does not. F1, KSP's screenshot button, takes a full resolution, uncompressed screenshot. In fact, you can tell KSP to take Superscaled Screenshots if you want even higher resolution. 

Oh neat, I'll have to try this

12 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

@CobaltWolf  I figured out why the X-15 parachute caused the game to freeze.

it a compatibility issue with SigmaTweakChutes, delete the dll and the game loads no problem, I didn't even know I had it, its included with JNSQ for some reason

A few questions - How old was your download of BDB? Do you have FAR and or RealChute? And do you have KSPCF installed? Game freezes in general were only an issue on the very first uploads of the x15 parts a few weeks ago, and only if you didn’t have KSPCF. I’ll have a look into JNSQ with tweakchutes too, but there shouldn’t really be a case where it can break now with the latest dev version of BDB.

And re screenshots, I *wish* I could use windows snipping tool in KSP, for some reason its broken on my system, only in KSP, where it instantly closes after I open it via keyboard shortcut! I have to have some other app focused for it to work, and take the screenshot of KSP while it’s in the background. Anyone else had this and maybe has a fix? lol

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Why you using Windows Snip Tool? 

F2 to hide UI, then F1 to take a screenshot. SMH lol :P

6 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

I use snip cause it dumps straight to my clipboard instead of a folder.  And I swear it captures a better resolution than normal steam screenshots do.

@GoldForest is referring to KSP's internal screenshot system, not Steam. You're absolutely right that Steam's screenshot system can be kind of "meh", but KSP has it's own system.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

Oh neat, I'll have to try this

Also, you can tell Steam to save uncompressed screenshots. You just have to go into options and tell it to do so. 

Edited by GoldForest

10 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

With as many mods as I used before my hiatus (started Nov last year), I always did back up once I had something confirmed as stable in a build.  Granted, that drive has died.... but... ideas

My issue is I thought I DID have a Backup...   One I apparently deleted months ago :(  

I have rebuilt my Mechjeb patch, But I have not gotten the Aerojet patch up to snuff yet.  I am pretty certain I sent a PR for that to the Dev Github, but I haven't found it yet (it was over a year ago and there are a LOT of updates between then and now.)

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

where do these images save and where are the settings?   I ask because I always had really low quality photos with F1,  Which is why I was using F12 (Steam)   And everyone kept complaining of that so Windows Snipping tool.  (Also I run UX-Wide and it freaks some people out)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

My issue is I thought I DID have a Backup...   One I apparently deleted months ago :(  

I have rebuilt my Mechjeb patch, But I have not gotten the Aerojet patch up to snuff yet.  I am pretty certain I sent a PR for that to the Dev Github, but I haven't found it yet (it was over a year ago and there are a LOT of updates between then and now.)

where do these images save and where are the settings?   I ask because I always had really low quality photos with F1,  Which is why I was using F12 (Steam)   And everyone kept complaining of that so Windows Snipping tool.  (Also I run UX-Wide and it freaks some people out)

In-game Screenshots usually follow this path:
(Your Install Directory)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots

You can change the screenshot resolution by changing SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE = X in settings.cfg (X being higher = better image quality)

Edited by AdrianDogmeat

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

What @AdrianDogmeat said. It's also where mods like KVV and NeptuneCamera store their photos. If you have a custom install folder, than they will be in the screenshot folder that sits in the main directory.

Also, don't go crazy with the supersize btw. And it only goes in whole number intervals. So for argument sake, let's take a 1080 monitor.

1 = 1920 x 1080

2 = 3840 x  2160

3 = 5760 x 3240

10 = 19200 x 10800

Etc

Also, using supersize, your game will hitch for a frame or two. The screenshot ups the resolution to the supersize, takes the screenshot, then puts the game back to your set resolution.

Edited by GoldForest

3 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

What @AdrianDogmeat said. It's also where mods like KVV and NeptuneCamera store their photos. If you have a custom install folder, than they will be in the screenshot folder that sits in the main directory.

Also, don't go crazy with the supersize btw. And it only goes in whole number intervals. So for argument sake, let's take a 1080 monitor.

1 = 1920 x 1080

2 = 3840 x  2160

3 = 5760 x 3240

Also, using supersize, your game will hitch for a frame or two. The screenshot ups the resolution to the supersize, takes the screenshot, then puts the game back to your set resolution.

That would mean 2 for me would be:

7680x3200    Like I said UX-Wide is a big ole drug (I own 3x 21x9 monitors!)

10 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

That would mean 2 for me would be:

7680x3200    Like I said UX-Wide is a big ole drug (I own 3x 21x9 monitors!)

2 sounds good for you then. Unless you just want a ridiculous size screenshot that takes up to a dozen megabytes.

1 minute ago, Ganyymeede said:

Even more Gemini!!! Spoilered because there's just so many screenshots.

Gemini 5:

Hide contents

NGrZGEh.png

And Gemini 6:

I WILL send this masterpiece of a spacecraft interplanetary one day.

Gemini: "okay, we're ready for docking practice. Where's agena?"

Kasa: "Sorry, no Agena."

Gemini: "How do we practice docking?"

Kasa: "Use the titan engine bell."

Gemini: "okay."

Kasa: "Wait, that was sarcasm..."

Gemini: "Too late..."

Moving Atlas V work up the timeline. Will go back to the rest of the classic Atlas to do list afterwards.

There will be a dedicated decoupler for the AJ60s (and GEM 63). And nodes on the CBC and SRBs/decouplers. And before anyone asks ofc nosecone and decoupler for HLV too.

3sjWxkQ.png

uCnhSfB.png

aZLR31O.png

cIl2YDh.png

nCzXlhc.png

5IULebR.png

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know what's causing this?
The texture switches arent available and it looks like all types are merged into one causing flickering and glitches on multiple parts.

I have textures unlimited installed, but I don't see how this would disable the texture switching. I also have the latest B9 part switch installed too.

X5s1Oyy.png

Edit: So, try to withold your derisive laughter, but as it turns out, I didn't have B9 Part Swicth installed. This is a fine example of what happens when you dont.....

Thanks for such an amazing mod btw!!

Edited by spritefun
fixed....

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

There will be a dedicated decoupler for the AJ60s (and GEM 63). And nodes on the CBC and SRBs/decouplers.

WOAH.

Me happy! *cringy dancing moves*

Delta is generally okay if you use EEX, but Atlas V always was a huge pain in the back.

10 hours ago, Rodger said:

A few questions - How old was your download of BDB? Do you have FAR and or RealChute? And do you have KSPCF installed? Game freezes in general were only an issue on the very first uploads of the x15 parts a few weeks ago, and only if you didn’t have KSPCF. I’ll have a look into JNSQ with tweakchutes too, but there shouldn’t really be a case where it can break now with the latest dev version of BDB.

And re screenshots, I *wish* I could use windows snipping tool in KSP, for some reason its broken on my system, only in KSP, where it instantly closes after I open it via keyboard shortcut! I have to have some other app focused for it to work, and take the screenshot of KSP while it’s in the background. Anyone else had this and maybe has a fix? lol

That is about windows priority.   When you press the Window Key your computer thinks you want to switch to a different program...    I have found having too many programs running causes this (it is not a Memory issue, it is a a Windows gets confused and is dumb, issue.)    I ended up re-scheduling PRT-SCRN button to do this (it is in Windows settings)   And now, when I have a bunch of programs running the Print screen button activates it.   It still isn't foolproof but it is better than the 3 key combo

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

Moving Atlas V work up the timeline. Will go back to the rest of the classic Atlas to do list afterwards.

There will be a dedicated decoupler for the AJ60s (and GEM 63). And nodes on the CBC and SRBs/decouplers. And before anyone asks ofc nosecone and decoupler for HLV too.

3sjWxkQ.png

uCnhSfB.png

aZLR31O.png

cIl2YDh.png

nCzXlhc.png

5IULebR.png

https://youtu.be/JmL-47bMyjY?si=fLZxS7FgX74EHoud

Posted (edited)

Time for some more "Cursed" Screen Tax:

Spoiler

First my Atlas F-Vega-Agena launch from yesterday...  Final images:

https://imgur.com/a/AJdjPSQ

Spoiler

Second.   First attemt at Gemini-Transtage-Atlas XSM-65...  Utilizing GEM40sx8 for lift off.

https://imgur.com/a/w4FJYv3

https://i.imgur.com/nSttaGn.png

And now I can not embed images again :(

Edited by Pappystein

8 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Time for some more "Cursed" Screen Tax:

Reveal hidden contents

First my Atlas F-Vega-Agena launch from yesterday...  Final images:

https://imgur.com/a/AJdjPSQ

Reveal hidden contents

Second.   First attemt at Gemini-Transtage-Atlas XSM-65...  Utilizing GEM40sx8 for lift off.

https://imgur.com/a/w4FJYv3

https://i.imgur.com/nSttaGn.png

And now I can not embed images again :(

The "i." In front of Imgur might be what's causing that.

I recently started a new KSRSS save and I'm having some trouble with the Atlas LV-3B. I used the design from the manual and it can barely get itself to an 85X100 orbit with no payload mass. I know the stage and a half design can be tricky, and I've read Marcelo Silveira's documentation on the wiki, but I still can't seem to reach enough payload mass to get the full Mercury capsule to the orbits it should be able to. Best I have found is setting the booster engines to jettison at about 3.5 Gs. Anyone have any tips? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bacontornado said:

I recently started a new KSRSS save and I'm having some trouble with the Atlas LV-3B. I used the design from the manual and it can barely get itself to an 85X100 orbit with no payload mass. I know the stage and a half design can be tricky, and I've read Marcelo Silveira's documentation on the wiki, but I still can't seem to reach enough payload mass to get the full Mercury capsule to the orbits it should be able to. Best I have found is setting the booster engines to jettison at about 3.5 Gs. Anyone have any tips? 

Well, those numbers aren't that off.

John Glenn went into orbit with AP of 261km and PE of 161 if you were using RSS you'll be pretty close to the atmosphere that sits at 140 Km.

Usually BDB should give you close to half of what their normal size counterparts would.

On the other hand if you want to improve the performance try using mechjeb or KOS for a better control during launch and not having the DV losses that manual control inputs usually yield. I just can't get Atlas to orbit manually without losing control at some point :D

Edited by Gupyzer0