[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

19 hours ago, Pudgemountain said:

What about Corned Beef on Rye?

Mmm...   CRAP   Why did no one tell me TODAY with MickNuggets day at the local BBQ (MickNuggests are double smoked Corn beef with lots of crispy edges... which is a big no no to most "true BBQ masters.")

While I haven't looked inside a Gemini capsule in YEARS (honestly before the last update to the capsule.)   Does it have it? (still)   I don't like IVA in KSP because I tend to get sick with them (literally physically sick)

Years ago, I know MoarDV made a RPM IVA config for FASA with it.  I THINK that was transferable/transferred to the Trails Gemini capsule.   But I gotta say I am not certain because I don't IVA.

On 9/4/2024 at 1:43 PM, Zorg said:

I made the Skylab workshop. The remaining Skylab IVA shells were made by FreeIVA dev Jonny and I textured and added props to them. But I still have some shells he made which havent been finished, will try to get to them sometime next year I guess. Rodger made the LM IVA.

They are in dev right now but needs a new shader pack mod by Beale which isnt publicly released yet. He's waiting for an update to Shabby which is required to load the shaders. It should be available soon hopefully.

oh hey i can ask you the question then

Is the blue dog a reference to (aside from the obvious) ace combat 7?

7 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

Here you go https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FwYslJ-uZIT1h9vqggswB4d_FiDaAJMv/view?usp=drive_link

I've had something like this happen before, it was because I had deleted to .mu file used for the icon, but even with everything still in the Titan folder the upgrades are still missing from the tech tree.

Thanks, though you'll just need to set that file to public so I can view it.

And I'd also first recommend a clean install of dev branch, deleting the one in gamedata and copying in a completely fresh version, just in case.

@Rodger I found the problem, for some reason deleting the the E-1 caused the Titan III upgrades to disappear also possibly the third kick stage upgrade I can't remember if that was missing or not, the fourth Atlas upgrade never had a problem it always showed up, so I have no Idea what's going on.

The 3rd kick stage upgrade has caused issues once before, but should have been fixed a few years ago, weird. I double checked the E1 upgrade too but it looks fine. Were you just removing that one part, instead of trimming the Engines folder? That will break the E1 upgrade, but maybe that causes issues with unrelated upgrades too. The stock upgrade system is notoriously buggy so I wouldn't be surprised.

I would highly recommend installing KSPCF too, it fixes bugs with the upgrade system, as well as just reducing load times in general

So, I've been kind of quiet here. 

Firstly, I got busy with my Lunar Supersized ISS.

Then my laptop went and died on me. 

I've got a new one. Specs below for any interested.

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 7945HX 16 cores/32 threads. Over 5Ghz single core boost
GPU: RTX 4070
RAM: 64 GB
Storage: 2 TB (Laptop came with 1TB, I added my old laptop's 1TB to make it 2.)
Screen: 2560 x 1440 240hz IPS

Anyway, played around in KSP to test it out. Got some more performance thanks to the monster CPU. 

Here's a Mercury Redstone launch.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

9diYU4i.png

mqJmP5i.jpeg

MExTctQ.png

Itoe26L.png

FITNwjl.png

12 hours ago, Kellanium said:

oh hey i can ask you the question then

Is the blue dog a reference to (aside from the obvious) ace combat 7?

I don't think its an Ace Combat reference? As far as I know.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

So, I've been kind of quiet here. 

Firstly, I got busy with my Lunar Supersized ISS.

Then my laptop went and died on me. 

I've got a new one. Specs below for any interested.

Reveal hidden contents

CPU: Ryzen 9 7945HX 16 cores/32 threads. Over 5Ghz single core boost
GPU: RTX 4070
RAM: 64 GB
Storage: 2 TB (Laptop came with 1TB, I added my old laptop's 1TB to make it 2.)
Screen: 2560 x 1440 240hz IPS

Anyway, played around in KSP to test it out. Got some more performance thanks to the monster CPU. 

Here's a Mercury Redstone launch.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

9diYU4i.png

mqJmP5i.jpeg

MExTctQ.png

Itoe26L.png

FITNwjl.png

Fun fact: the Mercury spacecraft went uphill on its booster upside down. The tapered section that led to the parachute canister was called the “afterbody”, and the blunt end with the heatshield was the “forebody”. That is why on nearly all of the flights the spacecraft performed a flip maneuver immediately after separation from the booster. As I understand it, the avionics and control systems were set up to control the spacecraft with the blunt end facing the direction of flight. That design rationale changed quickly with Gemini, as the craft needed to be able to dock with the narrow end, and that was also the best location for radar.

Scientific Passenger Pod which rounds out the Atlas update for BDB 1.14 (few small items will be in a future update probably like Burner II, Star 63, RS-X etc).

The SPP is configured as an empty bay with a jettisonable cover. Quite a lot of instruments do fit. Although smaller, it has a more general purpose feel than the ARS sidemount unit for OV-1

ZLOKb5T.png

jzzv6K0.png

kv1s1XT.png

3IMLACr.png

30 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Scientific Passenger Pod which rounds out the Atlas update for BDB 1.14 (few small items will be in a future update probably like Burner II, Star 63, RS-X etc).

The SPP is configured as an empty bay with a jettisonable cover. Quite a lot of instruments do fit. Although smaller, it has a more general purpose feel than the ARS sidemount unit for OV-1

ZLOKb5T.png

jzzv6K0.png

kv1s1XT.png

3IMLACr.png

As always, superlative work. You are bordering on photo realism, and that is a good thing! :cool:

31 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

Where does the new Atlas F antenna go?

I’m having trouble finding any pictures of it on the IRL rocket.

on the large avionics pod on the outer side near the bottom

Screenshot2024090710.png

screenshot813.png

4 hours ago, marxman28 said:

...where the hell is a Saturn V going that it needs SRBs to (presumably) make up for the lack of a J-2?

43 minutes ago, Kellanium said:

i'm curious what it has instead of a J-2

Considering Adrian is using the long interstage, I'm going to guess they've got Timberwinds inside there instead of J-2s. Or NERVAs. 

2 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

Ohhh yes. I KNOW what's in that interstage. First time I've seen anyone here actually use that variant.

I use it with the M1 sometimes. i've also used it with nuclear engines on an SIV-F