[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

MEM lander looks really good!  Are the contact wires under the legs just going to sink into the ground? 6 parts in 2 stages, are the engines built in then?

I'd assume they would. They are not solid parts.

1 minute ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Lol you caught me editing my question :D; a review of the image seems to indicate they're separate, so I changed it. I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be by shortly to correct me.

Okay. Oh and also, Legs (including the probes) will be separate/together. And the engines are separate too. On a decoupler, (I think one is built in) just use the 0.625m decoupler. 

27 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

MEM lander looks really good!  Are the contact wires under the legs just going to sink into the ground? 6 parts in 2 stages, so pod, base, descent engine ascent engine and... decoupler?

20 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Okay. Oh and also, Legs (including the probes) will be separate/together. And the engines are separate too. On a decoupler, (I think one is built in) just use the 0.625m decoupler. 

Passive/Female Kane docking port, Cockpit/ascent stage, ascent engine, decoupler, fuel tank/descent stage (with integrated legs!) and the descent engine. I want to make the legs and two of the antennas (that have fairly simple attachment geometry) available separately for other uses. I can possibly make the fuel tank available separately, but it would take some work due to how the legs are modeled on.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Passive/Female Kane docking port, Cockpit/ascent stage, ascent engine, decoupler, fuel tank/descent stage (with integrated legs!) and the descent engine. I want to make the legs and two of the antennas (that have fairly simple attachment geometry) available separately for other uses. I can possibly make the fuel tank available separately, but it would take some work due to how the legs are modeled on.

I don't see the need of making a separate tank. I know you want everything to be "Lego Stockalike" I don't see the importance. Its similar to why I like Beale's LK in tandem with blacsky33 desent/ascent tanks. 

Oh and also, GOOD NEWS!!! 

While I was browsing through my university library I found a couple of documents and books on the AAP moon portion. Want me to send pics?
(Things like: MOLAB, LM Tax, LM Shelter, etc.)

Edited by davidy12

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thank you for keeping the female docking port separate. It will make exploring the Apollo Applications Program a lot simpler.

7 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I don't see the need of making a separate tank. I know you want everything to be "Lego Stockalike" I don't see the importance. Its similar to why I like Beale's LK in tandem with blacsky33 desent/ascent tanks. 

Oh and also, GOOD NEWS!!! 

While I was browsing through my university library I found a couple of documents and books on the AAP moon portion. Want me to send pics?
(Things like: MOLAB, LM Tax, LM Shelter, etc.)

Oh god yes! It's a right pain trying to find stuff on things like that. Can you either a) get some good scans of the interesting bits or b) shoot over the information so I can see if my library has them?

4 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Thank you for keeping the female docking port separate. It will make exploring the Apollo Applications Program a lot simpler.

Well, yeah? Why would I make it built directly into the LEM? :P

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Oh god yes! It's a right pain trying to find stuff on things like that. Can you either a) get some good scans of the interesting bits or b) shoot over the information so I can see if my library has them?

:D

@CobaltWolf: Even more good news. Apparently this contained some good sources and I traced one of them to some artwork of Apollo variants of the LEM.

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM23_LM_Derivatives_LMD1-13.pdf

Oh and I found this on the web: 

https://falsesteps.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/molabmolemmocommocan-the-eagle-gets-around-apollo-applications-program-part-ii/

I'll send you more in a second. 

Awesome, thanks! And in return (not really) I've uploaded the updated LEM assets to Github... untested in-game. I have no idea how they'll look. Consider this the last 'beta' pass on the LEM assets - I might tweak the art a little bit more, but it won't be a significant change unless people really hate the way it is now.

I am planning on streaming starting some time within the next hour. However I'm starting to feel somewhat 'ugh' so I'll see how I feel once I'm home. If I don't, consider the LEM compensation.

Edited by CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf: I don't know WHY I didn't post this earlier. But it just SPRANG to mind

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html

^^^^
These forums are a TREASURE trove of projects that never made it off the drawing board. I've FOUND images of not just the AAP. But:

Spoiler

Cockpit images of the:

XF-103
XF-108
Avro Arrow
XF8U-III Super Crusader

I COULD GO ON AND ON!!!

But seriously, I found some stuff with on here with a couple documents.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,27852.msg289197.html#msg289197

I'll browse through and update you if I find anything else.

Edited by davidy12

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

If I make one, it will be in Surface Experiments Pack. And it would just be KAS constructable (since that is already a dependency for that mod). In the meantime, I believe @RoverDude's PackRat is still around.

I forgot about that rover!! And the pack seems really substantial now! Ok that's cool then can you make the MEM decent stage a KAS container?

Just now, sp1989 said:

I forgot about that rover!! And the pack seems really substantial now! Ok that's cool then can you make the MEM decent stage a KAS container?

I wasn't planning on it. I was going to use the equipment lockers from SEP (which need to be rescaled slightly to fit) since that way you have ALSEP as well.

25 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I wasn't planning on it. I was going to use the equipment lockers from SEP (which need to be rescaled slightly to fit) since that way you have ALSEP as well.

Oh ok perfect. Just as long as I can fit the pack rat in them 

Started building the spacecraft for my Ranger mission, but KSP.exe seems to be particularly unstable for me today, so instead I have a picture of Friendship 7 flying into darkness.

LNQWOXA.png

Also, I contribute to the Saturn hype (assuming it's alright with you, @Foxxonius Augustus).

Spoiler

bbb6abdca65343922816338f45f9597a.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Apollo6Interstage.jpg

Edited by pTrevTrevs

9 hours ago, davidy12 said:

EPICNESS!!! 

Oh and @CobaltWolf: (I'm not sure if you intended this), but did you always intend to put SXT's MEM IVA into the SINA? (I just flew it for the first time)

I just went and looked, as this seemed off... We'd been going a bit crazy on assorted ideas, and it appears that the code for that IVA is in, although the IVA itself isn't; it would only occur if SXT was also installed. ... I think. Things are a bit crazy at the moment, code wise.

11 hours ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

MEM lander looks really good!  Are the contact wires under the legs just going to sink into the ground? 6 parts in 2 stages, so pod, base, descent engine ascent engine and... decoupler?

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Passive/Female Kane docking port, Cockpit/ascent stage, ascent engine, decoupler, fuel tank/descent stage (with integrated legs!) and the descent engine.

5 parts. The decoupler is built into the decent tanks.