[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

Next Update comes ... when KSP 1.1 is out.

A slightly larger telescope with 1.25 m diameter and a length of 2.3 m. Hullcam VDS is already integrated. The plan is a compatibility to Tarsier Space Technology.

Antenna like Intelsat IS 18

4fAKKkC.png

Well, a new 1.875m Sojuz Style Capsule for 3 Kerbals.

Edited by hraban

7 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Hell yes for the 1.875 3 man Soyuz! Awesome! Would you consider cacteye telescope support in addition? Great work as always :) 

My last experiments with Cacteye are already back quite a while. Does the plugin works really stable?

Kerbal style version of Canadian Arrow is now ready for takeoff:

2WG5Gc6.png

The suborbital tourist rocket launch 3 kerbals in a suborbital 25 min. ride over kerbin. Deployable gridfins slow down the capsule on reentry.

Edited by hraban

@davidy12: The HGR mod and the IVA's was not public domain and do not like me. If I'm considering IVA's even create, then with the alleged new tools which are to appear with KSP 1.1

@MrMeeb: With the next patch comes, in all Contares capsules, only no IVA's but portraits in the correct view will be shown The IVA of most capsules derived from Beales old Tucana Pod.

5 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Are those retro rocket/engines built into the heatshield? Looks really good.

The retrorockets are integrated on the underbody of the capsule. These are only exposed after the heatshield were blasted. The capsule becomes a sparate heatshield, not shown in the pictures.

On 24/3/2016 at 10:48 PM, hraban said:

Texturing in progress:

3 Kerbal Soyuz style capsule with 0.9375m upper docking node and hatch. On the side there are nodes for two radial parachutes.

You mean those parachutes with round tip? I mean the ones that in Tantares are between Soyuz Orbital and Descent modules and are similarly provided in your pack

Edited by trooperMNG

2 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

You mean those parachutes with round tip? I mean the ones that in Tantares are between Soyuz Orbital and Descent modules and are similarly provided in your pack

One will get the Contares "D40r radial Parachute" as main-chute. The other will get a new drag-chute.

Finally gave these packs a swing... LOVE the REX. It's got surprisingly good range in boost-glide mode, and is stable past 20* AOA during reentry... though 20* seems to be about ideal for range extension at hypersonic velocities.

And the little Luna-style probe... love it! Oh, and it sinks in Kerbin's oceans. Just FYI.

2 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Finally gave these packs a swing... LOVE the REX. It's got surprisingly good range in boost-glide mode, and is stable past 20* AOA during reentry... though 20* seems to be about ideal for range extension at hypersonic velocities.

And the little Luna-style probe... love it! Oh, and it sinks in Kerbin's oceans. Just FYI.

Thanks for the swing :)

The complete mod is far from 100% compatibility for KSP 1.1. So far I have only "Contares REX freeflyer" and "Contares antennas" released for KSP 1.1. REX survive also reentry's with low AOA ~5° but thats will be HOT and the initial orbit must below 80km.

Used mods in Contares:

- "Smokescreen/RelaPlume" effects will now work with KSP 1.1
- Newest update of "DMagic Since Animate" grant the function of Spy-Cams.

- Tweakscale is missing functions
- TAC life support is completly missing
- Hullcam VDS need more work

What "Luna-style probe" sinking into the sea? Please give me the ingame name of the part/pod