Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

@CobaltWolf: Not really. In all fairness, it's been a running joke since the old forum before the major change. I believe I was within like 60 or 70 reps of being a member of the LGG (Light Green Group). So the joke has been that as soon as I hit 999, @Dman979 would change it to the 10K or even 2K group - right as I was on the threshold of membership.

To me, the 1:1 ratio isn't that big of a deal. I've seen others with it.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Is there some sort of significance to that? Because, uh...

< Jeezuz

It's significant because it's rare and it means that either someone has liked every one of your posts or (more likely) you have some posts that have tons of likes. It's difficult to get a 1:1 ratio, you both have done a great job. :) 

On 2016-07-26 at 9:45 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

It's a way less interesting measure now that rep can be applied to posts in forum games, the posts there don't go toward your postcount.

Eh!? Then why did all of my forum game posts go toward my post count? ;(

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

On 26/07/2016 at 9:45 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

It's a way less interesting measure now that rep can be applied to posts in forum games, the posts there don't go toward your postcount.

I didn't realize that. The more interesting fact is that you couldn't get repped for posts in forum games in the old forums.

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Eh!? Then why did all of my forum game posts go toward my post count? ;(

They didn't. Your post count is 2094 but you have more like 3560 including your "uncounted" posts.

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

I didn't realize that. The more interesting fact is that you couldn't get repped for posts in forum games in the old forums.

The theory was that rep should be based on KSP stuff, but I think the new software doesn't support turning it off on a per-forum basis. Those old posts can get repped now though, if someone is reading old threads.

Ok guys. Update. 

My mother has been hospitalized for a few days now, as well as a day last week. I've been running back and forth between hospital and home, taking my siblings to school and back, as well as trying to figure some things out about life. She will be having surgery tonight or in the morning. I won't be updating the list until this ordeal is over. I hope you guys can understand that. 

And for those who are concerned, it isn't life threatening, but it's still stressful and worrying. 

53 minutes ago, Endersmens said:

Ok guys. Update. 

My mother has been hospitalized for a few days now, as well as a day last week. I've been running back and forth between hospital and home, taking my siblings to school and back, as well as trying to figure some things out about life. She will be having surgery tonight or in the morning. I won't be updating the list until this ordeal is over. I hope you guys can understand that. 

And for those who are concerned, it isn't life threatening, but it's still stressful and worrying. 

I hope she gets well soon.  I wish her the best.

1 hour ago, Endersmens said:

Ok guys. Update. 

wowza. I wish you and your mom the best in these times.

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

2 hours ago, Endersmens said:

Ok guys. Update. 

Don't worry about silly forum stuff when important real life things are happening. Take care of your family, I hope everything works out OK.

3 hours ago, Endersmens said:

Ok guys. Update. 

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, go spend time with her, not us.

22 hours ago, Endersmens said:

I won't be updating the list until this ordeal is over. I hope you guys can understand that. 

Of course! Family > Forum. I'd totally do the same in your position. All the best to your mom! :)

• 2 weeks later...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

latest?cb=20130306110059

oh_yes_david_tennant.gif

yes-yes-o.gif

After three long... Long... Long... Long... LONG time (ok just nearly 3 years) I finally join this beloved group. My forums dreams are coming true!!! Granted I did have a final lift thanks to @adsii1970, but still, thank you for the support community :D !!! It's thanks to you I am here!!!

Granted... Has @Endersmens' family medical issues past? When is he going to be able to update the OP?

Edited by ZooNamedGames

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Granted... Has @Endersmens' family medical issues past? When is he going to be able to update the OP?

Give the man a break.

If they're past, he'll let us know. If not, I'm sure he would rather spend time with his family than check the forums.

7 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

@ZooNamedGames, I appear to have given you the final point :D

Only about 650 to go for me...

Well, I cut it down to 631 remaining :) . Don't worry Steve, your a very familiar face! I see you all the time! 

With this new forum software, and your great personality and charisma- I have no doubt you'll be at 800 or above 900 points by the end of next year if not hit 1k sooner!

It was a slow uphill climb for me, but I made it and if I can... Then ANYONE who REALLY wants to can. 

So I can't wait for your 1k Rep Steve :D:D:D !

9 hours ago, Spaceception said:

@Scotius is now a member! and has been for the last 8 rep.

Wow. Thanks :D Took a bit of time, but i made it - and i regret nothing. This forum and its members are one of the best, helpful and least toxic communities i found in all my years of web trawling. Cheers, guys and girls :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.