Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

@Snark, In all fairness, under the older forum, I relished every rep point I got, mainly because rep was harder to get AND I learned a lot about other KSP players by what they wrote for their reasoning for what made them want to rep me. It took effort to give rep; every time you clicked the icon to give someone rep, the dialog box popped up, and you had to either close it out...or since it was already open, tell the person why you rep'ed them. It took me nearly eighteen months just to hit 400 rep points!

Under this newish (it's lost it's new forum smell and I already spilled a soda in it :D) forum software, it seems more...impersonal. Just my thoughts.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Under this newish (it's lost it's new forum smell and I already spilled a soda in it :D) forum software, it seems more...impersonal. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, I feel the same way myself.  I know that certainly I hand out "likes" a lot more liberally now than I did with the old software, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

(And it was so much fun to read the "why this like" comments, when people supplied them.  Really gave a warm glow.)

Ah well, the march of progress and all that.

34 minutes ago, Snark said:

Somebody can make a single smart-aleck post or silly joke, and there's a positive deluge of "likes"...

...and you just got another one. Both for mentioning Calvin's dad and for being him XD

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

12 minutes ago, Snark said:

Yeah, I feel the same way myself.  I know that certainly I hand out "likes" a lot more liberally now than I did with the old software, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

Yeah, I agree too. I liked writing those messages!

On the other hand, unlike Snark, I think I was more liberal back then, because other people wouldn't see my name by the post and draw conclusions. The limit was the lower amount of reps per day.

I too appreciate the quiet modders that keep their head down and only resurface when necessary but there are a few,  like myself,  that may have a personal reason for being so outspoken. 

I'm from the city, so when my wife decided to move us back to her small town in the countryside,   I effectively gave up my friends and my social life. This freed up a lot of time for me and I got into KSP pretty heavily during that time and adopted The Forum members as my new friends. If I had stayed in the city I likely would not be playing KSP at all.

So the reason I am so vocal and active on the forums is because I don't get much human interaction on a daily basis except from my wife and my three year old daughter.  

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

And @5thHorseman, glad to have such a legendary personage as a new reader! I hope you read the Duna and Eve books in the order given by the Imgur links on the OPs of those threads, as there is some overlap between the end of the first book and the beginning of the second. It all gets straightened out eventually, and sorry for any confusion :)  Maybe we'll see you on the Jool Odyssey thread, which is reaching its Thrilling Conclusion!

Oh jeez don't give me that much credit. I'm just zis guy, you know? (Wherner should totally say that about Jeb in an Interview btw)

I actually have been reading it on the forum. I don't read all the comments of course, but those few I HAVE read have - I think - made the experience far better. It wasn't hard to follow at all with the overlapping, I could tell pretty much right away when the overlap started and was not spoiled at all for anything that happened in EOZ while DOB was running.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally didn't notice this thread! Well, it's always glad to find myself among such distinguished company. Mostly because I have been here since basically forever, but you know, one tries to give back some of what one gets, and I've gotten tons of good advice and ideas over the years. Yup, years. Quite a few of them, and still nowhere near tired.

Rune. Always glad to see it appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.