[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

On 12/23/2023 at 8:43 PM, Unbreakify said:

image.png?ex=6599ad2d&is=6587382d&hm=e1f

never thought the arm would be useful but here we are

(for context im adding some new modules in where the PMA would of been (on the front of destiny), so i'm moving it there temporarily

Great pics, congratulations, how did you go about assembling the arm??  did you do it in orbit?

2 hours ago, davide96 said:

Great pics, congratulations, how did you go about assembling the arm??  did you do it in orbit?

I launched the trusses on a Proton rocket instead of a Shuttle, which means i put the arm pre-installed on the main beam. Nothing special tbh

On 12/28/2023 at 8:12 AM, Unbreakify said:

I launched the trusses on a Proton rocket instead of a Shuttle, which means i put the arm pre-installed on the main beam. Nothing special tbh

that is a lot different to how I did it.  I am building the ISS without launching parts with shuttle... so, when I finally delivered the arm (delayed as I had no idea how to deliver it), I actually created a dedicated tug for it!

3 hours ago, Sampa said:

that is a lot different to how I did it.  I am building the ISS without launching parts with shuttle... so, when I finally delivered the arm (delayed as I had no idea how to deliver it), I actually created a dedicated tug for it!

Oh cool!

2 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

How you dock the Freedom trusses together

It's been mentioned a few pages back in this topic: you go into Construction mode and place them manually, rather than trying to dock them together. This was how the early plans for Freedom looked at it: they would have a number of astronauts moving them into place and manually bolting them together. Later feasibility studies put a damper on those plans!

1 hour ago, softweir said:

It's been mentioned a few pages back in this topic: you go into Construction mode and place them manually, rather than trying to dock them together. This was how the early plans for Freedom looked at it: they would have a number of astronauts moving them into place and manually bolting them together. Later feasibility studies put a damper on those plans!

Ah gotcha. That'll be, hard... since KSP sucks when it comes to that. I'll try to see if i can make it "easier" by sneaking some fuel tanks and seamless(-ish) docking ports.

On 6/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, Lil_Bread402 said:

screenshot164.png?width=405&height=676

there's going to be a "Space Station Freedom (1986) craft file too for anyone who wants dual keel. You'll have to greeble it yourself, but it'll have the modules, the keels, and the hangars

Hey, would it be possible to have this craft file? The one in your fork is different and... slightly bugged :blush:.

image.png?ex=65b451db&is=65a1dcdb&hm=75e

(Space station seen here was cheated into orbit to see how the station would act with the long truss)

I'm making my own Power Tower, using a makeshift truss docking system.

image.png?ex=65b451fe&is=65a1dcfe&hm=a62