I've put a number of hours into Void Crew over the last two days.  Still very early access, but we're having a blast even with the game in the state it's in (I can tell they have much more planned).  Playable with 2 people, but really recommend 3 or 4.  Technically speaking you can play it solo but I don't know how you could get anything done.

5 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Just not finished, but that's a neat idea if I can get it to float. :)

I've changed the bow shape radically since then anyway. I'm roughly basing it on this: https://www.maritime.dot.gov/multimedia/ocean-going-tug

Now that was an very detailed model. 
On an tug, I don't think an bow port would be very useful. its more something you put on an ferry and I also think it was to low to be practical anyway. 

Ive been playing Mortal Kombat 1 since friday evening when my copy arrived. Im about half way through the story and have been playing the invasion mode mostly. I am maining as sub-zero (bi han) and using scorpion as my kameo fighter who is not hanzo but kuai liang… yeah i know… but anyway ive been trying to land the scorpion kameo brutality but i had not had any luck then out of the blue i landed it TWICE!! Its not much but lemme tell ya it made me happy! Its a fun game and thus far my experience with story mode: really great and its really well written thus far!

8 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Now that was an very detailed model. 
On an tug, I don't think an bow port would be very useful. its more something you put on an ferry and I also think it was to low to be practical anyway. 

Oh yeah, I'm saving the idea for a future build. That said, a coal-powered airliner that looks like a goose may indicate that I'm not deeply attached to realism: yFqailC.png

5 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Oh yeah, I'm saving the idea for a future build. That said, a coal-powered airliner that looks like a goose may indicate that I'm not deeply attached to realism: yFqailC.png

CoL is behind CoM. Looks realistic to me.

I've been back at it playing Mars Horizon, and now I'm trying to do another Soviet Union/Russia run. And today, guess what the Soviets have achieved.

wWHRJWd.jpg

Red Moon! So far I have been blowing the competition out of the water, and have completed all milestones first.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

I have continued the Soviet conquest of space, and today I set myself a goal: Humans on Mars before the end of the 20th Century. Quite the ambitous goal, but at the rate we're going at, it's definitely feasible. So we go through the standard stuff. Launching the first space station and such. But at one point I entered a race I thought was impossible: a race against China. Yes, as it turns out we were launching an unmanned Mars Lander the same month they were. It seemed like it was very close, as Mars 3 lifted off of the launchpad. But as it turns out, the Chinese failed to launch their Mars lander! The Soviet Union gains a huge lead in the Space Race, and for the rest of the race the Chinese will fall far behind us. The U.S. takes China's place in the race for space (I love alliteration), a position still far behind us. In mid 1983, the launch of Spektr completes Mir, the newest marvel in Earth's skies.

Kv7xYcX.jpg

The USSR continues is expansion into space, but somehow, despite the fact that we've built a whole space empire, the Soviet Union collapses on December 25th, 1991. However, we've completed many missions in preparation for Mars. We set up more martian infrastructure and...

64eDviX.jpg

We'd done it! The first humans on Mars!

Cg3Hs2G.jpg

And as you can see from this, we succeeded in our goal of landing humans on Mars before the end of century! With only 3 months to spare! Just 42 years after Sputnik 1 became Earth's first artificial satellite, we land a man on Mars.

qAmws84.jpg

Oh yeah, and we landed on a comet a few years later too. Cool, I guess.

6 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I have continued the Soviet conquest of space, and today I set myself a goal: Humans on Mars before the end of the 20th Century. Quite the ambitous goal, but at the rate we're going at, it's definitely feasible. So we go through the standard stuff. Launching the first space station and such. But at one point I entered a race I thought was impossible: a race against China. Yes, as it turns out we were launching an unmanned Mars Lander the same month they were. It seemed like it was very close, as Mars 3 lifted off of the launchpad. But as it turns out, the Chinese failed to launch their Mars lander! The Soviet Union gains a huge lead in the Space Race, and for the rest of the race the Chinese will fall far behind us. The U.S. takes China's place in the race for space (I love alliteration), a position still far behind us. In mid 1983, the launch of Spektr completes Mir, the newest marvel in Earth's skies.

Kv7xYcX.jpg

The USSR continues is expansion into space, but somehow, despite the fact that we've built a whole space empire, the Soviet Union collapses on December 25th, 1991. However, we've completed many missions in preparation for Mars. We set up more martian infrastructure and...

64eDviX.jpg

Cg3Hs2G.jpg

And as you can see from this, we succeeded in our goal of landing humans on Mars before the end of century! With only 3 months to spare! Just 42 years after Sputnik 1 became Earth's first artificial satellite, we land a man on Mars.

qAmws84.jpg

"Russians on Mars by 1999"

Ah, so you're the guy who draws all the Roscosmos powerpoints...

On 9/20/2023 at 1:55 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

C:S2 looks fantastic.  Great pre-release comms and Dev hype.

I was tempted to pre order Cities Skylines 2...but then KSP2 has made me wary.  Also - the CC pre release videos call it 'a pretty rough beta build'. 

Yeek. 

C:S and KSP are the very two games I feel I haven't played enough and therefore look to avoid getting on with the sequels.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:18 AM, DDE said:

avoid getting on with the sequels

Re: Cities... The one thing I wish had been done better was incorporation and improvement of the Industries DLC into the base game.  Initially it looked like they were doing that. 

But what I've seen looks like they've only come part way in that direction. 

Warehouse function is an auto spawn building in a general industrial zone - not 'plopped'.  I actually liked that feature from Industries: different building styles and customization, etc.  Now you just get randomly spawned warehouses that do *something*. 

The industry areas themselves look like features that players will need to develop: rock being needed for building maintenance, etc.  But aside from customized land area - its autospawn again.  Haven't seen much more than the farm slice, but it's weird.  You draw the boundaries and later discover buildings popping up in weird places in the middle of fields.  Very haphazard.  Don't like. 

I'm assuming the other areas are similar. 

16 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Warehouse function is an auto spawn building in a general industrial zone - not 'plopped'.  I actually liked that feature from Industries: different building styles and customization, etc.

Oh, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

16 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

But aside from customized land area - its autospawn again.  Haven't seen much more than the farm slice, but it's weird.  You draw the boundaries and later discover buildings popping up in weird places in the middle of fields.  Very haphazard.  Don't like. 

That's precisely I hated vanilla farms and was hyped for Industries

Just now, DDE said:

Oh, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't know.  The CC vids are very limited in what they can show.  I've heard a couple of them say 'rough alpha build' or similar. 

The thing I have seen is one guy clicked on a randomly spawned warehouse in a yellow zoned area and noticed it was storing 'Forestry products'.  Nothing else - but I hadn't seen him with any Forestry areas developed - so imported?? 

(Skylines CC community seems dominated by 'painters' rather than people interested in the simulation aspects, btw) 

But from what I can tell, the base game does incorporate Industries' products into the calls made by the simulation for building maintenance and upgrades.  There may be plopped factories, too, or random spawned industrial zoned buildings might just be randomly assigned an industrial product to produce consumer goods. 

None of that has been well explained. 

So - maybe a hot mess?  Maybe something that is integrated with the base to make a later DLC really work and be profitable? 

(hoping for the latter) 

On 9/21/2023 at 8:24 PM, Kerbalsaurus said:

Kv7xYcX.jpg

64eDviX.jpg

Cg3Hs2G.jpg

qAmws84.jpg

I guess my new goal is landing a man on mars in 1998. :sticktongue:

So I've picked up a new game recently, and thought, "Oh I'll try it out for a few hours". 12 hours. In 3 days. I can quit whenever I want! But seriously, this game is really fun. What gamr is it? Surviving Mars, an uplifting take on neo-colonialism! Basically, the goal of the game is to make a self-sufficient colony on the surface of Mars. And with 8x107 DLC, you can set up trains, terraform, and do all sorts of other wacky stuff. I don't have any of them, but still. So I set about playing all of the tutorials, and then setting up my actual first colony. While sponsored by an international organization to colonize Mars, I still made it, let's say, American. I picked the U.S. seal as the main logo of the base, and named the base New Philadelphia. So the colony begins with the launch of the very first transport, named Constitution. We set up a small industrial complex, then set up a new area where the people will actually live. With more industry around it. So I waste a bunch of time, yada yada, and here's our colony:

Zxnt7bP.jpg

Dome 1, named New Kensington

FglMWyl.jpg

Colonists making their way to their new home.

However, the expansion never stops. Soon we find more sources of water, and build on those, and then build more domes, which means more resources, which means further expansion. And with all this rapid expansion, New Philadelphia looks like this:

13UGaSe.jpg

Also, there was this guy who just collapsed of old age in the middle of a park. His dead body just sat there, while this guy just did squats right next to him.

3HRb2PT.jpg

I appreciate the exercise, but can you maybe help out a little?

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

14 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Also, there was this guy who just collapsed of old age in the middle of a park. His dead body just sat there, while this guy just did squats right next to him.

3HRb2PT.jpg

N.B. The guys wearing red are Security/Emergency Management (hence the pistol). They are very, very effective, as seen here.

14 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

So I've picked up a new game recently, and thought, "Oh I'll try it out for a few hours". 12 hours. In 3 days. I can quit whenever I want! But seriously, this game is really fun. What gamr is it? Surviving Mars, an uplifting take on neo-colonialism! Basically, the goal of the game is to make a self-sufficient colony on the surface of Mars. And with 8x107 DLC, you can set up trains, terraform, and do all sorts of other wacky stuff. I don't have any of them, but still. So I set about playing all of the tutorials, and then setting up my actual first colony. While sponsored by an international organization to colonize Mars, I still made it, let's say, American. I picked the U.S. seal as the main logo of the base, and named the base New Philadelphia. So the colony begins with the launch of the very first transport, named Constitution. We set up a small industrial complex, then set up a new area where the people will actually live. With more industry around it. So I waste a bunch of time, yada yada, and here's our colony:

Zxnt7bP.jpg

Dome 1, named New Kensington

FglMWyl.jpg

Colonists making their way to their new home.

However, the expansion never stops. Soon we find more sources of water, and build on those, and then build more domes, which means more resources, which means further expansion. And with all this rapid expansion, New Philadelphia looks like this:

13UGaSe.jpg

3HRb2PT.jpg

Man I really need to start playing that game again!

Cities Skylines 2 - - New CC (Closed Beta) vids are out.  Confirming most are 'painters' who only go for aesthetics and not the Sim. 

They keep talking about the painting of industrial areas (resource gathering) and how much they like it.  Problem is the missing granularity available in Industries DLC (placeable buildings and dedicated warehouses).  Forestry looks plain silly.   There are some who have remarked critically of the feature. 

That said - it really looks like a placeholder for an upcoming paid-for DLC (esp. Given Industries was a fan favorite).  Really hope this is a true guess on my part - because having the function baked into the core game being run at release with a dumb placeholder seems like smart design. 

Fingers crossed! 

Edit - there are a couple of placeable unique factories - but they seem kinda generic.  Still, those should not preclude an Industries 2 DLC 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Cities Skylines 2 - - New CC (Closed Beta) vids are out.  Confirming most are 'painters' who only go for aesthetics and not the Sim. 

They keep talking about the painting of industrial areas (resource gathering) and how much they like it.  Problem is the missing granularity available in Industries DLC (placeable buildings and dedicated warehouses).  Forestry looks plain silly.   There are some who have remarked critically of the feature. 

That said - it really looks like a placeholder for an upcoming paid-for DLC (esp. Given Industries was a fan favorite).  Really hope this is a true guess on my part - because having the function baked into the core game being run at release with a dumb placeholder seems like smart design. 

Fingers crossed! 

Is it just me or does the farmlands look very ugly and dull.

Just now, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Is it just me or does the farmlands look very ugly and dull.

Yeah gross - and I dislike that all the rows are aligned with the world map.  Farmland should cross hatch when viewed from above!  The randomly spawning buildings in the middle of the field is also ugly!