Boundary. Shooting around the space station is quite a fun

It's -10% off on steam currently. And funniest thing is, the company is online live they debug the game!

https://live.bilibili.com/27582061?broadcast_type=0&is_room_feed=1&spm_id_from=333.999.live_users_card.0.click&live_from=86001

Edited by steve9728

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back to Satisfactory.  Total restart. 

Reminded me why progression systems are important in games. 

Arrived (again) at tiers 5&6.  Time for the ritual upgrade and total rework of my entire factory plan. 

Dawned on me unexpectedly that I was enjoying myself.  Compared to having everything already unlocked and just playing Legos... I've got a scratch paper on the side and my old spreadsheets up and running trying to figure it all out again. 

On 5/6/2023 at 8:33 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm back to Satisfactory.  Total restart. 

Reminded me why progression systems are important in games. 

Arrived (again) at tiers 5&6.  Time for the ritual upgrade and total rework of my entire factory plan. 

Dawned on me unexpectedly that I was enjoying myself.  Compared to having everything already unlocked and just playing Legos... I've got a scratch paper on the side and my old spreadsheets up and running trying to figure it all out again. 

If you like Satisfactory; then Dyson Sphere Program is worth a look.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back into Fallout 4 (when I'm off duty)
I already love FO4's "survival mode", but I recently discovered you can play the DLC's slightly out of order, and in so doing, ramp up the game even further.

Spoiler

If you go straight to Nuka-World before going to concord and starting the main story, and survive the gauntlet, you become the raider Qverboss. (The gauntlet is super hard on survival, but do-able with a little planning)
Now, if you play as the Overboss long enough to take over one commonwealth settlement, Nuka raiders will start appearing in the commonwealth.
At this point you can go to Concord, meet up with Preston, and proceed with the main story.
When you get back to Sanctuary, Preston will get mad, and order you to kill the other Nuka-raider bosses, started the quest "Open Season."
And once the bosses are dead and "Open Season" is finished, you can proceed with the main story with no problem...
Except...
Once the Nuka-Raiders start showing up in the commonwealth, they will become a permanent commonwealth random encounter for the rest of the game, even after "Open Season" is completed, 

So what's the big deal with Nuka-raiders vs regular raiders, you ask?
The big deal is they are much higher level, way more heavily armed & armored, and they know how to fight, very very well.
A group of 3 Nuka-Raiders is easily worth 20+ standard raiders, and always a challenge.
And they are a great source of AK-47 style rifles for your settlers.

Soooo... if you want to try something different, or just need an excuse to fire up FO4. give it a go.

I decided to play MSFS too, and for fun tried to cold-start the F-18 (my first cold-start also) while listening to the top gun anthem. Hearing those engines spool up one by one with the music in the background... the coolness levels are life-threatening.

I think maybe I should give DCS another chance- I thought it was too complex but I'm actually loving this.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm playing KSP 1.7.3.".  Got a chuckle from this.

I took a similar trajectory.  Was on 1.3.1 for the longest time (bitter about both the 1.2 and 1.3 incompatibilities during those upgrades, but); then 1.4, hanging back; 1.6, hanging back; 1.7, hanging back.  Finally made it to 1.11.  It's OK.

Cannot be troubled to convert up to 1.12.  Not even sure what is in it, other than fireworks.

To put this back on topic -- if I were to play another game, it would be beloved Minecraft.  But I don't.  Too many things left to do in KSP.  (I think I am less than half way through the game.)

On 6/16/2023 at 12:02 AM, Hotel26 said:

I took a similar trajectory.  Was on 1.3.1 for the longest time (bitter about both the 1.2 and 1.3 incompatibilities during those upgrades, but); then 1.4, hanging back; 1.6, hanging back; 1.7, hanging back.  Finally made it to 1.11.  It's OK.

I have kinda a grudge with 1.11. I had detected and fixed a pretty annoying problem on 1.8 <= KSP <= 1.10.1 where Kerbals and Crafts would drift when parked no matter what. I nailed the problem to be spurious torques being applied to the parts randomly, and cooked a workaround. Problem: on KSP 1.11.0, Squad "fixed" the problem in a way that drifting was still an issue and my workaround was rendered useless so, frankly, I kinda gave up.

Debugging, diagnosing and fixing things is a very laborious and task consuming task.

Spoiler

In time, it's not too much different from what happened on drag on KSP2! :) 

So sticking with 1.7.3 ended up being the best cost/benefit to me even nowadays, falling back to 1.4.3 for quick stunts (as this thing loads waaay faster on my rig, and it's also one of the most performatic KSP - second only to 1.3.1 and 1.2.2!)

On 6/16/2023 at 12:02 AM, Hotel26 said:

To put this back on topic — <cut by me>

Uh… Yeah, you are right! :)

Anyone enjoying detective games and liking XVIII Century sea tales, Return of the Obra Dinn is a must. Seriously, one of the best games of that genre I ever played.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/return_of_the_obra_dinn

Edited by Lisias
Tyop! Surprised?

Spent a good portion of the night playing Mars First Logistics.  Neat little game.  Just came out.  Feels like a mix of KSP + World Of Contraptions with the look of Cel Damage.

20230623203331_1.jpg20230623194721_1.jpg

The second one is me flying off a cliff while delivering a pizza the size of a dinner table.

After not playing Halo for like 2 years or something, I picked up Halo Infinite multiplayer and am realizing why I don't play FPS games consistently. In short, my aim is garbage, and it's improved only slightly after 100 hours of play. Still enjoying myself tho

Stumbled upon an announcement trailer. A survival RTS based on the misadventures of the Czechoslovak Legion gets bonus points for an unconventional setting - although I am concerned with the Czechs, of all people, exploring the still-live political minefield of the Russian Civil War.

I’ve continued working in Cities: Skylines, but with a brand new city. I’m making a city that’s inspired, and kind of a parody of New York City, called New Yorkshire. The 5 burrows are called Womanhattan, Creeklyn, Kings, The Brynx, and Staten Isle. I’d show a screenshot but I don’t have any.