Your First Videogames

Dark Junior

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Hand-held game: Baseball (yeah, the old school red winking lights...)

This game? Image result for baseball handheld game?

That was my first computer game. I remember learning the patterns from the pitcher.

My first videogame was The Alamo, by the History Channel.Image result for alamo game?

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

This game? Image result for baseball handheld game?

That was my first computer game. I remember learning the patterns from the pitcher.

[Edited by adsii1970  - image resized and kept the relevant comments I want to address]

Mattel_Football_Football-2_Baseball_TrioAlthough almost identical, mine didn't say "classic"  - so I guess I am old! My music is now featured on the classic rock station and even my video game is considered as "classic." I also had the football one on the far left. Was not aware there was even a "Football 2" until I found the image this morning. This was my first hand-held computer game. this was the Nintendo DS of my generation!

There are days I long for the simplicity of childhood...

First Played: Pong. On a device built specifically to play Pong. Yes, I'm that old.

First Loved: Adventure, on the Atari. Fantastic game. I've played a clone of it recently and it actually holds up well. And I still remember all the mazes.

First Purchased: Harder to say. May have been Flight Simulator some time around 1984 or so, or Lode Runner. I had both of those early in my Apple //c days.

First IBM-compatible Purchase: A pair, as I bought them the same day I bought my first IBM clone. Wolfenstien 3D and Doom 2. I beat the former and cheated to win the latter after who knows how long on the last level.

First Online Purchase: Stars! (Exclamation mark is part of the name) I played this one so much I can't play 4X games anymore.

First Console Purchase: Star Wars Pod Racing. I bought it bundled with my first console (Atari doesn't count as the parents bought that and all the games for it), a Nintendo 64.

8 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

& that, various game & watch
Game_&_Watch.png

Forgot them, . It was just 2-3 games I played and think most want to forget them. :)
for me first was pong on an pre atari box at an relative as small kid. 
Game and watch come between that and C64
Then I stopped playing games for many years until I got an pc around 20 years old. 
Very little nostalgia, about the first part so many crappy games. 

The first "real" game I've played was Need for Speed Underground 2. Then I started playing in my city's MU Online server, then I moved on to Counter-Strike 1.6, but about a week later I got into Counter-Strike: Source, which I then kept playing for a long while.

These games are the ones that I remember the most. I still install NFSU2 every time I change my computer.

Also, wow, I'm really young compared to you guys, it seems.

Edited by Guest

:3 hehe that was HD and high fps gaming, pixels were a l l w a y s unoticeable (not even crystal liquids or leds) and no flickering never :wink: but you know lot of fun whatever and tons of hours as well even if it look like some prehistorical things now ^^

and age you know aperture, doesn't mean much so don't bother ^^, it's just the number of time the atoms your made of made a revolution around the sun together, but most of your atoms are older ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

My first game was when Windows was not a thing, that's too retro to mention. But the favorite game of my childhood was "The Neverhood". I still remember the lines of Willie on the videotapes. That epic battle between robot Bil and the Clockwork Beast, I cried at the end of that cutscene.

This thread could not have been timed more perfectly.

I was cleaning out my closet, and I discovered three old games that I loved during my childhood: Flight Simulator 2004, Flight Simulator X, and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.

Let's see if I can get them running on my Windows 10 rig, shall we?

Don't specifically remember which one was the very first game, but back when I was 3 years old, I played (or tried to) "Demon Attack", "Atlantis" and "Enduro" on my uncle's brand new Atari 2600...

Later he gave me that Atari, which I still have it and it's working perfectly :D 

9 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

First handheld game:

Merlin by Parker Bros.

My gods.  So that's what it was!

I remember seeing it when I was a kid (Mostly in the bucket of Legos.), but I could never remember what "that red thing that looked like a phone" was.

The OP assumption is that the first video game we had was in our childhood.  :)

The first video game I ever played was Pong.  I also played several arcade video games.  Those are all examples of "pay to play".  However, the first video game I owned was Chess for the Commodore 64.

Hehehe!

4 hours ago, Dispatcher said:

The OP assumption is that the first video game we had was in our childhood.  :)

Hehe,

exactly, i started playing computer games when i was at university (the first time). Just because personal computers didn't exist when i was a child :-)

First TV game: Pong

First gaming console (and to date, the only console I've ever had:) The Magnavox Odyssey; sometime around 1972. We had two games: a racing game with cars that looked like green Tie-fighters, and something that looked like Breakout...I think. Dad would punish us by taking the patchcord to the TV away so we couldn't play it. It's amazing how a pair of 10 year olds can develop the basic skills of burglary in short order the moment Dad left for work. :D

All-time favourite game: Paradroid. Fast-paced, beautifully designed, smooth movement and utterly entrancing. There have been many great games, but none have (IMO) ever matched Paradriod for sheer playable enjoyability :)

Cheers!

My First video game i can even remember is A Crash Bandicoot game on the playstation 2. My first mobile game was a ball game on the unbreakable nokias, my first game on the PC was none other than Minecraft. My first Simulation was Universe Sandbox, My first Space game was Homeworld and my first Simulation Game was Elite dangerous.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.