What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

On 1/2/2018 at 5:07 AM, NSEP said:

I tried playing orbiter on my laptop, it works! On 2fps that is.

I also played orbiter at 2 fps on a laptop!  It actually worked.  

So we're doing interviews for English class nowadays, which we then have to write in transcribed/embedded formats.

We had to pick random partners, and I ended up with this guy from Russia. (At least, I think he's from Russia, though he might be from somewhere else).

Anyways, his interview went well enough, but mine kind of degenerated into.....um.....I mean, it started normally, but.... @Ultimate Steve, I'm sure you can relate lol

Spoiler

Russian Guy: "So, what is your name?"

Me: "(Insert name here)"

"And what is your favorite color...?"

"Blue. Or green. Or purple. I guess even red, and dark orange...."

*writing frantically* "Uh-huh, okay, and your favorite book?"

*Lists about twenty books*

"Er...........okay....any other interests?"

"SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!!"

"Oh, I see. What type of space?"

"What?"'

"Just space?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Favorite subject?"

"Astronomy."

"But that's related to space."

"Yes, I'm aware.'

"Okay. Someone you look up to?"

"Elon Musk?"

"Who?"

"Space person. Also makes electric cars. His latest company is boring."

"Uh....I see.....What type of career do you want to have in the future?"

"Aerospace engineering."

"Isn't that space-related?"

"Yes."

"So it's pretty much just space? Again?"

"Yes, write space."

"Okay....Next question, what is your favorite book and movie genre?"

"Space."

*Stares*

*Stares back*

Russian Guy: "How about I just put 'space' for all these and save us some time?

"Good idea. I'll be off near the food." (there were snacks)

The actual interview was longer than this lol. But most of the questions were related to interests, so 'space' filled most of the blanks :D

Edited by Earthlinger

43 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

The actual interview was longer than this lol. But most of the questions were related to interests, so 'space' filled most of the blanks :D

Surely you have other, completely different interests, though. Like space games, space music, and space art?

11 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Sorry, I came from the Goat thread in forum games and it's still stuck in my head

You know what's stuck in my head? Aerodynamically Integrated Retrograde Braking Robustly Armed Kinetic Extending System!

Anyways: School, yet again: We had nothing to do. Some (all) played games, some talked to each other... and I think I found a new sorting algorithm?

I tested it with 15 "randomly" placed items (numbers from 1 to 15) and it took 12 iterations to sort.

I split the entire list into pairs of 2 and swapped the numbers if the larger value was first. Otherwise I kept them as is. Then I offset the grouping by one (so that the first number is no longer part of a pair and, as a result, is ignored) and repeat the comparisons. Here's the entire list from my "random" shuffle to the sorted list. I marked the pairs with brackets []. (In the next row, the comparison is already done, don't get confused)

Spoiler

[7,2],[3,5],[1,6],[9,10],[8,13],[14,11],[15,12],4

2,[7,3],[5,1],[6,9],[10,8],[13,11],[14,12],[15,4]

[2,3],[7,1],[5,6],[9,8],[10,11],[13,12][14,4],15

2,[3,1],[7,5],[6,8],[9,10],[11,12],[13,4],[14,15]

[2,1],[3,5],[7,6],[8,9],[10,11],[12,4],[13,14],15

1,[2,3],[5,6],[7,8],[9,10],[11,4],[12,13],[14,15]

[1,2],[3,5],[6,7],[8,9],[10,4],[11,12],[13,14],15

1,[2,3],[5,6],[7,8],[9,4],[10,11],[12,13],[14,15]

[1,2],[3,5],[6,7],[8,4],[9,10],[11,12],[13,14],15

1,[2,3],[5,6],[7,4],[8,9],[10,11],[12,13],[14,15]

[1,2],[3,5],[6,4],[7,8],[9,10],[11,12],[13,14],15

1,[2,3],[5,4],[6,7],[8,9],[10,11],[12,13],[14,15]

[1,2],[3,4],[5,6],[7,8],[9,10],[11,12],[13,14],15

I'd like to try the algorithm with a bigger number of objects (maybe 100 or 1000) and on a computer (takes less time, you know), but I don't know how to code anything, much less a sorting algorithm.

Edit: Seems to be an Odd-Even-Sort.

Edited by Delay

2 minutes ago, cubinator said:

This afternoon I had the revelation that since the Falcon Heavy theme will have three sharps, I should drop two at booster separation.

I'd write an FH theme as well, but unfortunately I don't have the time to... Can't wait for yours!

Actually, if we stick with the theme, I should have six months to write it...

6 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I'd write an FH theme as well, but unfortunately I don't have the time to... Can't wait for yours!

I'll definitely post it in the SpaceX thread when it's done. Right now I'm working on a basic outline of the piece in Sunvox, so that I can get it done more efficiently after launch.

44 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I just started my new Minecraft world. I hope to keep building in this world for over 10 years. If i built 1 town every month i should have 120 towns when i reached my goal.

I like building castles/bunkers. Not a fan of above-ground structures if they're not fortified. Probably because I play with friends and they have this tendency to spawn ghasts every few minutes.... :D

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

I like building castles/bunkers. Not a fan of above-ground structures if they're not fortified. Probably because I play with friends and they have this tendency to spawn ghasts every few minutes.... :D

I only play Singleplayer. I think i made a Space Shuttle External tank and a small ITS once. I sill have to build the Falcon Heavy to my Memory lane...