What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

9 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It's hilarious that people are like 'Guys stop responding you're spamming my inbox' as they send that to the whole school

I take little comfort that highly trained aerospace/IT/science/etc. professionals are indistinguishable from school-kids.

:/

I hate group chats. They inevitably get swamped by cat pictures or other funnies, and finding the useful info in it is no longer possible, which leads to people turning off notifications for it and ignoring so those important messages that the group chat was created for go unnoticed.

So I received my copy of The Fantasy Trip on Friday. Spent the weekend teaching my family how to play. (Especially Thing #3. She's played German board games for years, but nothing like a role-playing game. She's still trying to wrap her head around it.) Will probably start the family RPG campaign in the next month or so, once they get the hang of it. I'm thinking I may try adapting The Temple of Elemental Evil, that was an awesome campaign. #GeekFamilyBonding :D

Was going to sleep at like 1am when I remembered I have maths homework due. So I make my way downstairs, fumble around for the light, and do my homework. Collapse on my bed at 1:30 and woke up at like 6:45. I have TWO EXAMS TODAY. HOW WONDERFUL! 5 HOURS SLEEP! ^_^

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Meanwhile, I like art and I found a way to take two art classes this year instead of one!

I like art too, just not doing it myself.

I can look at art, I can appreciate art, I can interpret art and its intentions, but I can't make art. And given that a majority of the classes would be about the latter I appreciate not having to take it.

On 3/31/2019 at 7:37 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Was going to sleep at like 1am when I remembered I have maths homework due. So I make my way downstairs, fumble around for the light, and do my homework. Collapse on my bed at 1:30 and woke up at like 6:45. I have TWO EXAMS TODAY. HOW WONDERFUL! 5 HOURS SLEEP! ^_^

Back when I was in high school I'd sleep for approximately 4-6 hours, wake up with my alarm, copy homework from others do my homework and then sleep the remaining 1-2 hours. Worked flawlessly.

11 hours ago, Delay said:

I like art too, just not doing it myself.

he knows the way of the idler

News without being news.  We get such fires nearly every year, such is life living in and around forests.  I got to drive through this one (sort of) late Saturday afternoon, coming west out of Barnegat on 72 just before the police closed the highway.  The smoke and ash carried northeast on the winds, was raining down on the car for miles as we traveled in the same direction.

https://www.nj.com/burlington/2019/04/forest-fire-that-burned-11k-acres-in-nj-pine-barrens-started-in-area-known-for-illegal-bonfires.html

4 hours ago, LordFerret said:

News without being news.  We get such fires nearly every year, such is life living in and around forests.  I got to drive through this one (sort of) late Saturday afternoon, coming west out of Barnegat on 72 just before the police closed the highway.  The smoke and ash carried northeast on the winds, was raining down on the car for miles as we traveled in the same direction.

https://www.nj.com/burlington/2019/04/forest-fire-that-burned-11k-acres-in-nj-pine-barrens-started-in-area-known-for-illegal-bonfires.html

Fires? Isn't it kind of early in the season for them?

20 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Fires? Isn't it kind of early in the season for them?

Yes and no.  Turns out the latest news says this one was caused by people lighting a bonfire.

Every year or so the forest service here starts small fires to burn off the pine needles, a preventative measure against major forest fires.  I remember one just a few years back that they started which ran away on them, and it ended up burning far more than this fire.  This one was nothing.

A new Terminator Movie? With Linda Hamilton and Arnie? That ignores every other movie since Judgement Day? SIGN. ME. UP.

In other news, we moved into our new flat! Which we own! Sortof! I have a [tiny] ManCave! DISHWASHER!! OH GOD WE'RE LIABLE FOR E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G

TipTopTip: If you ever buy a piece of flatpack furniture, like even one piece, invest in an electric screwdriver. Oh my god it saves SO much time (and also wrist pain).

Edited by p1t1o

8 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

At last you can do it.

Hide contents

I saw something akin to this the other day on tv news, and it was printed using plastics and aluminum from a 3D printer, runs on a variety of fuels, 10 minutes run time.

6 hours ago, p1t1o said:

TipTopTip: If you ever buy a piece of flatpack furniture, like even one piece, invest in an electric screwdriver. Oh my god it saves SO much time (and also wrist pain).

Welcome to home ownership. Sort of. You’ll never be bored again. :D

2 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I saw something akin to this the other day on tv news, and it was printed using plastics and aluminum from a 3D printer, runs on a variety of fuels, 10 minutes run time.

I’m still waiting for a real hoverboard. -_- 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, p1t1o said:

A new Terminator Movie? With Linda Hamilton and Arnie? That ignores every other movie since Judgement Day? SIGN. ME. UP.

I'll stand in line.

I like Linda, I also don't mind Lena Headey in Chronicles.

Linda's performance in T1 was not special, but she made up for it in 2.

Lena is consistently good.

Arnie is getting old, though, especially since he's supposed to be a robot and all. CGI to the rescue, I suppose?