What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

11 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Today, on the drive in to work, there was much less traffic than usual...

Yeah, they were all putzing along on the winding mountain road I was trying to enjoy a nice spirited drive on. :mad:

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Insanely awesome $28 triple monitor mount from eBay wins the day.  

Linky?

11 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yeah, they were all putzing along on the winding mountain road I was trying to enjoy a nice spirited drive on. :mad:

Linky?

They appear to be sold out... I think.   When I click on it from my purchase history, it says there's 5 available, but there's no buttons to buy one.  When I look at the items for sale for that seller, it's not on there...  Signing out shows the listing as ended.

I'll check again tomorrow to see if they're re-listed.

@CatastrophicFailure Here

Edited by Geonovast

I don't remember if I shared this before on here, but I was adopted when I was two days old. My whole life I've known nothing about my biological parents, except that my mother wasn't married and put me up for adoption. Well, back at Christmas my in-laws gave me a DNA kit for my present. I've been going around and around about submitting it, finally gave up and sent it in last month. Got the results back on Saturday. I had one close relative hit, back in Tennessee, of all places. Messaged her on the system, turns out she is my biological aunt. I called her today and talked for two hours. It turns out that my biological mother died of a heart attack ten years ago. But my aunt has been looking for me for years. And, well, now we found each other. She and her husband are driving out here to visit their daughters in Utah in a month or so, and when they do they're going to try to make a detour south and visit us here in Arizona. And I'm really excited!

Ended up sorting out the Hamilton tickets, and it’s intermission right now.

I realized that it was literally cheaper to fly to London and see this show than for us to fly anywhere in the US to see the same show (since no US tickets are at face value price, bots buy almost all of them, then they are resold for hundreds of $).

So far, so good. King George is awesome.

21 minutes ago, tater said:

Ended up sorting out the Hamilton tickets, and it’s intermission right now.

I realized that it was literally cheaper to fly to London and see this show than for us to fly anywhere in the US to see the same show (since no US tickets are at face value price, bots buy almost all of them, then they are resold for hundreds of $).

So far, so good. King George is awesome.

lol thats nuts!

You are approx....23.5 miles away from me right now.

Welcome! And enjoy!

Edited by p1t1o

9 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Today I had a heart dissection, but due to me having a terrible cold, I felt really sick, and had to go home :( 

Did they at least put your heart back together before you left? 

This is actually from last week, but we walked up stairs to the cafe at Westminster Abbey... and the family at the top of the stairs was from Albuquerque. Not a random family also from here, but people we actually know (doc who works with my wife).

Small world.

(This was a few days ago)

Split some cords of wood, cleaned a garage, worked on my crawlspace...

Just general things. 

12 hours ago, tater said:

This is actually from last week, but we walked up stairs to the cafe at Westminster Abbey... and the family at the top of the stairs was from Albuquerque. Not a random family also from here, but people we actually know (doc who works with my wife).

Small world.

That happened to us once! We went from Virginia to Northern Michigan to see my grandparents like we always do, and there was a family on a private beach right next to my grandparent's house that lived no more than five miles from us. They even knew some friends of ours. It was a hilariously funny moment.

Small world indeed. 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland
Version 0.1: Minor bug fixes

Riches!

I'm going to be rich!  Some fellow from Nigeria is sending me $500,000,000 ... all I need do is send some 'basic' identity information along with an authorizing signature so that the two agents I sent can pick up the money for me.

Two agents I sent?  Ok!  Sure!  We'll roll with that.  James Veitch will be proud of me.  When the money comes in I'm going to share it with all of you.

Been a long time since I've received one of those screwball emails.  Couldn't resist ... and yes, I did reply to it. :lol: