What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

2 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

A sunset, some fog, some cloud cover and a slightly too pink cellphone camera (although it did look very pink in person) resulted in this: 

Help! We're stranded on Eve!

An owl's here too!

This is how it really looked, only a bit pinker.

Latest transmission from the Eve-1 rover:

9RTy22X.png

We went to the beach, but couldn't swim because there were thousands of blou blasies (also known as blue bottles and the Portuguese man o' war) on the beach, and some were still washing up.

These small monsters have transparent bags to float with, and have long blue tails which, on contact, release a substance into humans which causes extreme pain and a burning sensation. 

Fortunately I didn't have my phone so I won't be sharing any photos. If you want to have nightmares for a few days, you can look for pictures on the internet.

Also, a couple of people caught a shark with a fishing rod.

36 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Portuguese man o' war

Has the Portuguese embassy already commented this incident?

38 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Also, a couple of people caught a shark with a fishing rod.

That's bad news. The sharks have started using tools for fishing.

Soon they will be able to start cutting the oceanic cables and gas pipes.

18 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

These small monsters have transparent bags to float with, and have long blue tails which, on contact, release a substance into humans which causes extreme pain and a burning sensation. 

FunFact: each individual is actually a colony of four different sub-kinds of genetically identical but specialized critters: gas bag, guts, stingers, and… gonads… -_- Also, they’re left- or right-handed. 

17 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

That's bad news. The sharks have started using tools for fishing.

They probably just busted him for not having a license. <_<

We drove all 900 or so kilometers from the sea back to my home town in one burst. I can tell you, the best part of that whole trip was being home again. The day after tomorrow we're going to Bethulie for Christmas. After that we're going to Clarens for a week, then I'll have one puny little week to get my affairs in order before it's school again.

I tell you, I plan to never ever leave my house for more than a day in vacations when I'm an adult. Guess time will tell.

Also: on the way back, a car swerved to make sure it missed a dog, and almost crashed into us.

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
Accidentally posted three times: oops.

18 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

We drove all 900 or so kilometers from the sea back to my home town in one burst.

Orion? Pusher plate?

19 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

I tell you, I plan to never ever leave my house for more than a day in vacations when I'm an adult.

Before you get children and wish for anything else to distract their attention.

3 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

It’s my birthday today! Got “Hail Mary” by Andy Weir. Excuse me while proverbially ascending to my tower of rest for 2 hours.

Well, then, Merry Birthday and Happy Christmas! You have the same bday as my sis-in-law!

I received Chris Hadfield's The Apollo Murders. Read the prologue and a bit of the first chapter, and can't wait to have a chance to seriously dig in to more!

5 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

It’s my birthday today! Got “Hail Mary” by Andy Weir. Excuse me while proverbially ascending to my tower of rest for 2 hours.

Happy birthday!

Today is also the 1 year anniversary of me having KSP.

Edited by Admiral Fluffy

7 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Snow puppy. That is all. -_-

Awesome!

45 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

This place is not as pretty as I may have led @tater to believe, I apologize for the inconvenience I may have caused.  

Wow, so green. Looks a little like NM (gorgeous hills/mesas), except for the green part, ours are dirt colored. :D

On 12/26/2021 at 12:09 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

Well, then, Merry Birthday and Happy Christmas! You have the same bday as my sis-in-law!

I received Chris Hadfield's The Apollo Murders. Read the prologue and a bit of the first chapter, and can't wait to have a chance to seriously dig in to more!

Thanks for the recommendation! (Or atleast the post.) After seeing your post this afternoon (or maybe morning) I read the free preview on Google play books, currently working on the last chapter in the preview (chapter 6). I can get the book for cheaper as a hard copy (which would take a week or more to arrive), but I'm enjoying it so I'm thinking of getting it as the more expensive but more convenient soft copy / ebook.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:39 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

We had a tiny sprinkling of snow late yesterday evening, just enough to form a tiny layer on the bottom of car windscreens, but still- white Christmas confirmed!

Meanwhile elsewhere

21960246_original.jpg

Yesterday we drove 300 km from Clarens to Johannesburg (pronounced: You-hun-iss-bur-(the g is a sound that doesn't exist in English.)) and back to go buy a new car.

(I couldn't update yesterday because I had massive growing pains in my lower legs.)

But anyways, this was my first time in a big city (except for one time when I was younger, but I can't remember that. (Parenting advice: If you want a kid to remember a trip, wait until they're at least ten.)

I grew up in a city that is just barely bigger than a town, so seeing that place was amazing! For the entire time that we drove in, my jaw was dropped! That place is Huge! 

City for as far as I could see, and we weren't even near the city center! It really gave me a sense of just how much humanity can do, and just how many humans there are! 5.7 Million people, in that city alone! It was awe inspiring! :D

To think it all started with some gold and some corrugated metal shacks. In the late 1800s.

6 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Yesterday we drove 300 km from Clarens to Johannesburg (pronounced: You-hun-iss-bur-(the g is a sound that doesn't exist in English.)) and back to go buy a new car.

(I couldn't update yesterday because I had massive growing pains in my lower legs.)

But anyways, this was my first time in a big city (except for one time when I was younger, but I can't remember that. (Parenting advice: If you want a kid to remember a trip, wait until they're at least ten.)

I grew up in a city that is just barely bigger than a town, so seeing that place was amazing! For the entire time that we drove in, my jaw was dropped! That place is Huge! 

City for as far as I could see, and we weren't even near the city center! It really gave me a sense of just how much humanity can do, and just how many humans there are! 5.7 Million people, in that city alone! It was awe inspiring! :D

To think it all started with some gold and some corrugated metal shacks. In the late 1800s.

Reminds me of every time I would either visit Calgary, Vancouver, or Seattle. So much noise compared to the sub urban areas. And every-time I go north (mostly to the caribou) it’s so quite.

Im stuck at home with Covid and a high fever, so I rewatched these two:

DED08481-B93-F-45-CB-8-F1-B-C65-AEA23081
(for those who are confused, Airplane (1980) basically stole lines and shots from Zero Hour (1957).

Edited by Stormpilot

10 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

I grew up in one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world (Los Angeles). When I reached an age where I had the wherewithal to move wherever I wanted to, I moved to a town with a population of less than 100,000. Couldn't be happier.