[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

5 hours ago, Damon said:

More work done!

Haven-1 IVA is getting along pretty nicely. Really fun to fly around using the FreeIVA mod!
ZTbaFMf.jpg

AcbLjYg.jpg

F2PBjOc.jpg

Also, work has started on Dragon, with a new trunk and heatshield done!
UHW5PrJ.png

Jontron Ill Take Your Entire Stock GIF - Jontron Ill Take Your Entire Stock  Meme - Discover & Share GIFs

Great job on the revamp so far!

@Damon I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but ive had the real names and textures extra installed on the mod for a long time, but today it stopped working. It gives me real part names but now its gone back to the kerbalized skins (I.E defualt skin) Do you know how to fix this? I didnt do anything to the game it just stopped working when I launched the game today.

39 minutes ago, Terminal Velocity said:

@Damon I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but ive had the real names and textures extra installed on the mod for a long time, but today it stopped working. It gives me real part names but now its gone back to the kerbalized skins (I.E defualt skin) Do you know how to fix this? I didnt do anything to the game it just stopped working when I launched the game today.

Not 100% sure. You are not using the Github beta stuff right? Cuz that one isn't supported yet.

I hope to get Version 7 up by the end of September. That update will also have an Extras folder containing all the real names and logos that should work!

12 minutes ago, Damon said:

Not 100% sure. You are not using the Github beta stuff right? Cuz that one isn't supported yet.

I hope to get Version 7 up by the end of September. That update will also have an Extras folder containing all the real names and logos that should work!

Oh I see, well I guess my spacex went bankrupt in my rss save untill late September :D

On 10/27/2017 at 9:03 AM, Damon said:

Tundra Exploration RO compatibility patch

The time is here!
Tundra Exploration finally has its own RO config pack made by @Nessus_.

Features

• Realistic part sizes, fuel types/capacities and (mostly) masses for Gojira (Starship), Ghidorah (Falcon 9/FH), Bagorah (Falcon 9 v1.0), Mothra (Falcon 1), Gigan (Dragon 1), Rodan (Dragon 2) and Strongbacks
  • Realistic names for all parts
  • Falcon 9 versions of the RCS thrusters (using Nitrogen) and Landing Legs from KRE
  • SpaceX logos for all Falcon rockets
  • Adjustments for all SmokeScreen plumes from Tundra Exploration for the new part sizes.

Installation

• Install Tundra Exploration and all of its dependecies
  • Copy the contents of GameData into the GameData folder of your KSP RO install
  • Copy the contents of Extras/SpaceXDecals/GameData into the GameData folder of your KSP RO install (and override files if asked)

TODOs

• Better mass-values for Dragon 1 and 2
  • Realistic maximum temperatures

Download:

• GitHub-Logo.png

Please report anything that looks off or wrong on the github repo. Updates will go through there.
Happy launches!

da8SEVf.png

@Damon This is what i was using btw

EDIT: It was ckan that broke the logos, fixed now, an updated version sounds awesome tho i cant wait 

Edited by Terminal Velocity

18 hours ago, Terminal Velocity said:

Oh I see, well I guess my spacex went bankrupt in my rss save untill late September :D

@Damon This is what i was using btw

EDIT: It was ckan that broke the logos, fixed now, an updated version sounds awesome tho i cant wait 

Yeah those configs are pretty old. I hope once V7 is released, someone might take a look at those and update them!

22 hours ago, Terminal Velocity said:

EPIC

those models look wayy better, one question tho is it intended that I can access the tourist rodan? I feel like it should be hidden unless it was released and I didnt know

Yeah it was unintended but still there. Version 7 will have a full IVA that works with it!

4 hours ago, TomVorat said:

Ooooh, I can't wait to use them. Will it release together with the Gigan revamp?

I hope that Dylan finishes Gigan by then!

12 minutes ago, Damon said:

Yeah it was unintended but still there. Version 7 will have a full IVA that works with it!

Ah i see, well at least i can make inspiration 4 early! (Btw it appears with the community catgeory kit section, not the one in advanced. Just for future if you want to patch that)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 2:51 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

still aiming for late september or have you slipped to october

I’ve given an update on my Discord but will do so here as well!

Current release is estimated to be in the first week of October if everything goes to plan. There are still a few things I need to sort out:

• Finish IVA (especially the screens)
  • Second soot option for darker colors
  • Fix various bugs currently on my dev branch
  • Make a chute for Rodan
  • Get the Cargo Dragon by @DylanSemrau ingame and working
  • Youtube trailer

This all needs to be done before I can publish version 7. With the available time I have, I should be able to meet my deadline of the first week of October (probably the weekend). But definitely within a month!