[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

@Damon how is the falcon update going amazing work 

Good question!

I am pleased to say that I AM BACK!
We are in the process of revamping all the parts. And I mean all..

I've been quite busy with Falcon 9. The octaweb and tank is getting along really nicely and I am very happy how it turned out!
41sBnx1.png

SPst7hA.png

EqF2kZj.png

KBPFoQf.png

This will also see a new soot system that *hopefully* helps getting more detailed soot layers and save file sizes.
I am also very happy to have @DylanSemrau working alongside me in getting this massive revamp done. He has been quite busy modeling the new Cargo Dragon and it looks absolutely stunning!

I am posting most of my progress on my Discord so make sure to check it out! (Link in the OP).

This is all for V7 of the mod. It will take some time but the wait will be worth it!

57 minutes ago, Damon said:

Good question!

I am pleased to say that I AM BACK!
We are in the process of revamping all the parts. And I mean all..

I've been quite busy with Falcon 9. The octaweb and tank is getting along really nicely and I am very happy how it turned out!
41sBnx1.png

SPst7hA.png

EqF2kZj.png

KBPFoQf.png

This will also see a new soot system that *hopefully* helps getting more detailed soot layers and save file sizes.
I am also very happy to have @DylanSemrau working alongside me in getting this massive revamp done. He has been quite busy modeling the new Cargo Dragon and it looks absolutely stunning!

I am posting most of my progress on my Discord so make sure to check it out! (Link in the OP).

This is all for V7 of the mod. It will take some time but the wait will be worth it!

are you going to redo Dragon 2 crew and cargo  

58 minutes ago, Damon said:

Everything!

Cool!
Are the existing parts being revamped or is this a full monty overhaul like what BDB did with their Saturn parts (completely new parts replacing the originals)?

1 hour ago, Blufor878 said:

Cool!
Are the existing parts being revamped or is this a full monty overhaul like what BDB did with their Saturn parts (completely new parts replacing the originals)?

I beloved it is the same as BDB nice ti see you here instead of the BDB thread 

2 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Cool!

A revamp but the models are completely new and crafts will break. But I think you can still open the craft files but some parts may not be where they should!

[LOG 15:58:55.119] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'TundraExploration/Spaces/TE_18_DRAGON_V2_IVA_PROP/TE_18_DRAGON_V2_IVA'
[LOG 15:58:55.122] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'PilotCam'
[LOG 15:58:55.123] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'PilotCam'
[LOG 15:58:55.124] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'PilotCam'
[LOG 15:58:55.127] Cannot find InternalProp 'MAS_toggle_Abort'
[LOG 15:58:55.127] Cannot find InternalProp 'MAS_IFMS_MFD'
[LOG 15:58:55.127] Cannot find InternalProp 'MAS_ALCOR_MFD2'

Needing help with this error, with a Tundra IVA. My game crashes and it won't load if I don't solve this. 

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlrpgkaf150za8y/KSP.log?dl=0

44 minutes ago, Kerbal the crazyest said:
[LOG 15:58:55.119] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'TundraExploration/Spaces/TE_18_DRAGON_V2_IVA_PROP/TE_18_DRAGON_V2_IVA'
[LOG 15:58:55.122] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'PilotCam'
[LOG 15:58:55.124] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'PilotCam'
[LOG 15:58:55.127] Cannot find InternalProp 'MAS_toggle_Abort'
[LOG 15:58:55.127] Cannot find InternalProp 'MAS_IFMS_MFD'

Needing help with this error, with a Tundra IVA. My game crashes and it won't load if I don't solve this. 

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlrpgkaf150za8y/KSP.log?dl=0

The lines you posted above show no error. They only say that no props were found because you did not install the mod MAS (MOARdVs Avionic System). Errors begins with [ERR.....].
You need to post the player.log, not the KSP.log.
Here is an instruction how to find the player.log:

18 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The lines you posted above show no error. They only say that no props were found because you did not install the mod MAS (MOARdVs Avionic System). Errors begins with [ERR.....].

I installed MAS avionics and it still gives that error, even installing it with ckan.

20 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

19 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

You have a GameData folder in your GameData folder. Whatever is in there is probably not healthy.

Problem was solved. What happened is that I was missing a directx dll file in my install. So KSP crashed because of that file. But since the last thing that appeared in the log was that IVA, i thought that was the problem.

Apologies for any problems caused

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 1:25 PM, JuanitosGG said:

@Damon Quick question, the "Transporter Erector" from the roadmap, what's that exactly? Is it only the strongback of the rocket or it is the "car" that moves it? 

"car": HrVRcNw.jpeg

Oh yeah, the whole thing is called like that but I will just revamp the current one so it looks more in line with how it is IRL + make the other pads!

10 minutes ago, DaOPCreeper said:

how do i a de-orbit burn with the dragon capsules?   

There might be a better way to do it, but I always use the draco thrusters. In real life I'm pretty sure they use the RCS thrusters near the docking port for their deorbit burn. 

3 hours ago, Elro2k said:

There might be a better way to do it, but I always use the draco thrusters. In real life I'm pretty sure they use the RCS thrusters near the docking port for their deorbit burn. 

Yeah, the 4 at the top of dragon are for de-orbit. But the draco thrusters can do it faster :D

22 hours ago, Damon said:

Yeah, the 4 at the top of dragon are for de-orbit. But the draco thrusters can do it faster :D

i get that, but how do i turn them on to do the deorbit burn, i cant figure that part out. also what about the parachutes, how do i activate those? i don't see an option when i right click on it

Edited by DaOPCreeper