[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 minute ago, kspbutitscursed said:

cannot wait.

Still looking good for first week of october?

It really depends how fast I can make the chutes for Rodan. I haven’t done that before so it will be a new learning curve.

Small update!

I don't think I can release version 7 this week. I need a few more days to get the chute modeled and working. Everything else is ready on my github dev branch for testing. I've also added way more soot levels to choose from. Last one is really dark!

3 hours ago, Damon said:

Small update!

I don't think I can release version 7 this week. I need a few more days to get the chute modeled and working. Everything else is ready on my github dev branch for testing. I've also added way more soot levels to choose from. Last one is really dark!

still its getting exciting 

also i have an issue with the main falcon 9 tank when its a really weird green colour? any ideas wit what could cause this issue

On 10/4/2023 at 12:32 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

still its getting exciting 

also i have an issue with the main falcon 9 tank when its a really weird green colour? any ideas wit what could cause this issue

The tank or the interstage? I fixed the interstage one a few days ago. 

I would also like to know which OS you are running. 

On 10/5/2023 at 5:45 AM, Damon said:

The tank or the interstage? I fixed the interstage one a few days ago. 

I would also like to know which OS you are running. 

You mean this green thing? It only shows up on the interstage when I have it set to Block 4 Heavy.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j8dfg8zfvox1z57sg0zez/20231006195008_1.jpg?rlkey=iuxfknbkjfs7xgmo4ntcj0u6a&dl=0

13 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

how is the cargo version of dragon 2 supposed to de orbit with no super dracos? im not sure im in just being stupid or not lmao

Not a user of this mod, but IRL Dragon spacecraft, crew and cargo, use the smaller Draco thrusters located at the nose of the spacecraft, near the docking port for most maneuvers. Not sure if the mod includes any special features related to this, but if not you could always set the control point to reverse and just point retrograde with them, or maybe use the fore thrusters if that's easier.

19 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

how is the cargo version of dragon 2 supposed to de orbit with no super dracos? im not sure im in just being stupid or not lmao

The Super Dracos are for launch abort only. Moreover, they were once intended for landing on land and without a parachute. But this option was discarded. For attitude control, like @JebTheDestroyersaid, only the 4 Dracos at the top are used.
A total of 18 Dracos are installed for orbital manoeuvres and the 8 Super Dracos for launch abort.

Edited by Cheesecake

2 hours ago, blueaerospace said:

one thing i liked the Gojira Starship, so i was wondering if you could recreate it but 2X better but get them updated but still in a slick look?

No because the Gojira/Starship was outsourced to another mod:

well its a part of SpaceX and Tundra EX  so definitly he might add it back????           plus you can get the files back for the Gojira ship just from the older version but he should make a better version.    plus SEP is bad in my opinion theirs no Hotstaging ring and no testing Starship like SN15 and the ships reation wheels trash     

also i read in the roadmap he said hes working on a better version of Gojira/Starship      so its pretty promising

Edited by blueaerospace
forgot some stuff

On 10/12/2023 at 10:43 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

any update on rodan.

Rodan is up and running on my dev branch! Trying to finish off the chutes before making the release final!

On 10/10/2023 at 8:05 AM, Delta 86 said:

I'm also working on adding a USI-LS patch for the upcoming Haven parts. I am wondering how long supplies and habitation should last. According to what I read, VAST-1 will only last 30 days, but I'm balancing for around 45. Will that be enough?

Oh yes! Thank you! Sometimes when adding parts, I forget to update some support configs. Will definitely be of help!

On 10/18/2023 at 4:29 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

cool looking foward to it.

guessing that the transporter erectors will come with Gigan and v1.0 falcon 9 and falcon 1 in an patch or v7.1

V8.0! Will be worked on after 7.0 is live.

• 2 weeks later...