[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

2 hours ago, DaOPCreeper said:

i get that, but how do i turn them on to do the deorbit burn, i cant figure that part out. also what about the parachutes, how do i activate those? i don't see an option when i right click on it

You need the stock chutes. Currently, Rodan doesn't come with build in chutes. As for the deorbit burn, you can right click the command pod and activate the forward RCS. That will activate the four RCS ports on the front!

2 hours ago, DaOPCreeper said:

i get that, but how do i turn them on to do the deorbit burn, i cant figure that part out. also what about the parachutes, how do i activate those? i don't see an option when i right click on it

Can't say I can help with the thrusters. But I don't think dragon comes with parachutes. I usually use the move tools to hide them inside the sides of the spacecraft's nose. You can actually fit three stock/restock chutes somewhat comfortably within the confines of the clamp-o-tron docking port.

15 hours ago, Damon said:

You need the stock chutes. Currently, Rodan doesn't come with build in chutes. As for the deorbit burn, you can right click the command pod and activate the forward RCS. That will activate the four RCS ports on the front!

im doing that and they arent staying on, they only fire if i press w,a,s,d, they arent tied the throttle. screen recording here https://imgur.com/a/Yi2UyTF

1 hour ago, DaOPCreeper said:

im doing that and they arent staying on, they only fire if i press w,a,s,d, they arent tied the throttle. screen recording here https://imgur.com/a/Yi2UyTF

So there are two sets of RCS controls on the Dragon, and Show Actuation Toggles will allow you to set params for both sets. On my PAW, it's the 2nd Show Actuation Toggles that controls the docking port RCS jets. So make sure that has Fore/Aft enabled. You might want to disable the Fore/Aft setting on the other jets for the deorbit burn. Anyway, then use Control Point: Reversed. Then use normal throttle to control the (now backwards) facing RCS jets around the docking port. At least this is how it works for me.

edited: make sure the superdracos are not enabled

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

On 6/21/2023 at 1:26 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

Hey @Damon i was wondering if you have started working on the rodan update yet 

in that update are you going to add chutes to rodan

Will start once I finish Ghidorah, after that I will be starting on Rodan and yeah I plan on adding chutes! 

10 hours ago, Damon said:

Will start once I finish Ghidorah, after that I will be starting on Rodan and yeah I plan on adding chutes! 

nice once you get rodan ingame i will update my version to the  newer version also could add an optional extra with real logos please because i would like to do historical recreations of things

7 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

nice once you get rodan ingame i will update my version to the  newer version also could add an optional extra with real logos please because i would like to do historical recreations of things

There will be a separate download that includes the real logos with an MM patch. But its going to be a while before a full release is ready. Everything gets revamped!

9 hours ago, Damon said:

There will be a separate download that includes the real logos with an MM patch. But its going to be a while before a full release is ready. Everything gets revamped!

Do you think you could include an option to toggle the flags on the core stage? It's always had it, but the latest dev build (Soot) doesn't have it. I'm assuming that's to do with adding the soot though

15 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Do you think you could include an option to toggle the flags on the core stage? It's always had it, but the latest dev build (Soot) doesn't have it. I'm assuming that's to do with adding the soot though

As noted on github, the plugin is still a work in progress. A lot of features are still missing/unstable. So please use the git version at your own risk and don’t use it in your precious save game ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been asked before or is at all part of the goal of the mod, but is the vertical integration gantry/enclosed service tower planned for the future? Since the mod already has the extended fairing and Transporter Erector. And I don't know if it would fit Modular Launchpads as much as this mod.

I mean this one: https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/01/03/spacex-drawing-up-plans-for-mobile-gantry-at-launch-pad-39a/

Hey @Damon, I'm encountering some difficulties with the realism overhaul config file for the Tundra Exploration mod. Despite following the instructions on GitHub, I'm facing issues when opening my save file; the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 rockets are no longer capable of reaching orbit. I'm also using the real solar system mod, and now their TWR is limited to 0.74 or lower. I' wondering if there's a simple adjustment I can make in the config file to resolve this problem. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

11 hours ago, AerospaceBricks said:

Hey @Damon, I'm encountering some difficulties with the realism overhaul config file for the Tundra Exploration mod. Despite following the instructions on GitHub, I'm facing issues when opening my save file; the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 rockets are no longer capable of reaching orbit. I'm also using the real solar system mod, and now their TWR is limited to 0.74 or lower. I' wondering if there's a simple adjustment I can make in the config file to resolve this problem. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The RO configs are pretty old and I should probably remove the link for now. With Version 7 in the works, I hope someone will make it available for RO as well. I'm not good at making RO configs so any help would be appreciated as well!

For now, I have to say that TE for RO is not fully supported :(

• 3 weeks later...

а

On 7/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, Damon said:

The RO configs are pretty old and I should probably remove the link for now. With Version 7 in the works, I hope someone will make it available for RO as well. I'm not good at making RO configs so any help would be appreciated as well!

Gojira ready??? The mod just doesn't make sense without it.

Edited by KSPGAMER1234

9 hours ago, KSPGAMER1234 said:

а

Gojira ready??? The mod just doesn't make sense without it.

gojira has been depracated but there s another mod called Starship Expansion Project by @Kari that does have starship 

link https://github.com/Kari1407/Starship-Expansion-Project/releases 

On 7/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, Damon said:

hey @Damon how is haven 1 and rodaan going 

keep up the good work hoping for a release sometime later this year 

Spoiler

Hopefully in december :wink: so i can play sp with nice looking falcon 9 and dragon 

thank you for all you do 

KBIC

Just now, kspbutitscursed said:

gojira has been depracated but there s another mod called Starship Expansion Project by @Kari that does have starship 

Reveal hidden contents

Hopefully in december :wink: so i can play sp with nice looking falcon 9 and dragon 

thank you for all you do 

KBIC

SEP is too big and realistic, my PC won't pull, but Gojira is just right. =)

Edited by KSPGAMER1234
Edit

16 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Reveal hidden contents

thank you for all you do 

KBIC

Currently working on the IVA for Haven-1. Should be done in a week or two. Then all eyes on Rodan.

Still planning on releasing version 7 in september!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Damon said:

More work done!

Haven-1 IVA is getting along pretty nicely. Really fun to fly around using the FreeIVA mod!
ZTbaFMf.jpg

AcbLjYg.jpg

F2PBjOc.jpg

Also, work has started on Dragon, with a new trunk and heatshield done!
UHW5PrJ.png

Beautifully done ! and a question is tundra exploration compatible with x1 or X2.5 system cause when i try to reuse a booster (on KSRSS Reborn) I never have the right amount of fuel so will the new dragons and falcons be a little bit more compatible with KSRSS Reborn ?

Just now, BlackDinoShadows said:

Beautifully done ! and a question is tundra exploration compatible with x1 or X2.5 system cause when i try to reuse a booster (on KSRSS Reborn) I never have the right amount of fuel so will the new dragons and falcons be a little bit more compatible with KSRSS Reborn ?

Tundra Exploration is fully balanced for 2.5/2.7x systems!