[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

On 10/28/2023 at 9:23 AM, Damon said:

A release is imminent! Should all be done next week.

I'm not nagging for the release but reading "(November 3rd)" in the thread title tricked me. Consider this a minor request to include the year whenever you do a release.

XU2pahU.png

The day has come! Version 7 is released!

This update has been in the works for many, many months and I can say I am super proud of this one.
Ghidorah got a massive revamp. The parts in this update look stunning and really sets the standard for the future of my modding career.
With a new Soot plugin, I've created more soot variants for your reflight needs. Big thank you to @SofieBrink for making this new plugin work. The flags are now covered in soot as well!

Rodan also got a massive overhaul and with the new and improved IVA, it looks good and is fun to use with mods like FreeIVA!
A big thank you to @JonnyOThan for creating Free IVA and teaching me how the mod works to make parts compatible.
It truly feels next level to fly Rodan and move around the pod in space. Rodan also includes two types of parachutes! (Yes finally).

mu7tx7T.png

I've also created a new family of parts. These parts create Gaira-1, a Haven-1 based station for low Kerbin orbit.
It can dock with various crafts and acts like a nice hub for your station needs.

xMoxCwK.png

To all the people on the forums and Discord, thank you so much for sticking around and being a part of this KSP community. Past year has been a blast and I'm looking forward to more hours playing this amazing game!
Next version will see a new Gigan revamp and lots more!

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 7.0.0
- Revamped Ghidorah parts
- Revamped Rodan parts
- Revamped IVA for Rodan
- Added IVA for Rodan I4 command pod
- Added Gaira (Haven-1) parts
- Added IVA for Gaira-1
- Added more soot options with new and improved soot shader plugin (Thanks Sofie)
- Added small RCS block for 2nd stage tank
- Added smaller nozzle variant to Marlin Vacuum Engine
- Added Main Chute part for Rodan
- Added Drogue Chute part for Rodan
- Added color variants to Rodan parts
- Added TE (US) flag
- Added Mono to Kaijuu Goods
- Added RCS warning when Rodan nose cone is closed
- Added ModuleTundraCutDrogue for automatically cutting the drogue chutes when the mains deploy, Full credit to Jsolson and the rest of the Bluedog Design Bureau team for allowing us to use and adapt this module for Tundra!
- Flags are now covered in soot
- Fixed Ghidorah fairing shape
- Fixed RCS plumes on Haddock
- Fixed drag cubes on Rodan
- Fixed Waterfall plumes on Cargo Rodan
- Removed unused FX files
- Removed unused Texture Unlimited configs
- Updated Mvac waterfall plume
- Updated USI-LS patch
- Updated KIS patch
- Updated CCTanks patch
- Updated Pathfinder patch
- Updated Craft files
- Support for Hullcam
- Support for Boiloff
- Support for FreeIVA

uvBNCsF.png

32 minutes ago, Damon said:

XU2pahU.png

The day has come! Version 7 is released!

This update has been in the works for many, many months and I can say I am super proud of this one.
Ghidorah got a massive revamp. The parts in this update look stunning and really sets the standard for the future of my modding career.
With a new Soot plugin, I've created more soot variants for your reflight needs. Big thank you to @SofieBrink for making this new plugin work. The flags are now covered in soot as well!

Rodan also got a massive overhaul and with the new and improved IVA, it looks good and is fun to use with mods like FreeIVA!
A big thank you to @JonnyOThan for creating Free IVA and teaching me how the mod works to make parts compatible.
It truly feels next level to fly Rodan and move around the pod in space. Rodan also includes two types of parachutes! (Yes finally).

mu7tx7T.png

I've also created a new family of parts. These parts create Gaira-1, a Haven-1 based station for low Kerbin orbit.
It can dock with various crafts and acts like a nice hub for your station needs.

xMoxCwK.png

To all the people on the forums and Discord, thank you so much for sticking around and being a part of this KSP community. Past year has been a blast and I'm looking forward to more hours playing this amazing game!
Next version will see a new Gigan revamp and lots more!

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

Version 7.0.0
- Revamped Ghidorah parts
- Revamped Rodan parts
- Revamped IVA for Rodan
- Added IVA for Rodan I4 command pod
- Added Gaira (Haven-1) parts
- Added IVA for Gaira-1
- Added more soot options with new and improved soot shader plugin (Thanks Sofie)
- Added small RCS block for 2nd stage tank
- Added smaller nozzle variant to Marlin Vacuum Engine
- Added Main Chute part for Rodan
- Added Drogue Chute part for Rodan
- Added color variants to Rodan parts
- Added TE (US) flag
- Added Mono to Kaijuu Goods
- Added RCS warning when Rodan nose cone is closed
- Added ModuleTundraCutDrogue for automatically cutting the drogue chutes when the mains deploy, Full credit to Jsolson and the rest of the Bluedog Design Bureau team for allowing us to use and adapt this module for Tundra!
- Flags are now covered in soot
- Fixed Ghidorah fairing shape
- Fixed RCS plumes on Haddock
- Fixed drag cubes on Rodan
- Fixed Waterfall plumes on Cargo Rodan
- Removed unused FX files
- Removed unused Texture Unlimited configs
- Updated Mvac waterfall plume
- Updated USI-LS patch
- Updated KIS patch
- Updated CCTanks patch
- Updated Pathfinder patch
- Updated Craft files
- Support for Hullcam
- Support for Boiloff
- Support for FreeIVA

uvBNCsF.png

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

downloading tonight 

On 10/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, Damon said:

Tundra Exploration RO compatibility patch
TBD

i might learn to make RO compatibility patches 

how hard could that be.............

2 hours ago, Raqnick said:

Strange thing, but both chutes have zero drag force. They don't slow down the spacecraft

You could try to delete the PartDatabase.cfg in your main install. This config generates after each game but it breaks from time to time. For me it always fixes these kind of issues!

On 11/7/2023 at 11:40 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This is not the case for me - they work correctly (~8m/s). You using something that affects the aero system? FAR? RealChutes? I have neither. In any event, they're gonna ask you for a log ...

Yes, i'am using both FAR and RealChute(several of installed mods require it)

On 11/7/2023 at 11:40 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This is not the case for me - they work correctly (~8m/s). You using something that affects the aero system? FAR? RealChutes? I have neither. In any event, they're gonna ask you for a log ...

Yep,it's a realchute,got it