[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Hi, awesome mod. I have owned this game since it was in alpha and I am always in awe of modders keeping their stuff up to date, respect to you.

Couldn't find this as an open issue on GitHub. KSP 1.12.3.3173

When your mod overwrites an old default illuminator already on a vessel the 'lit' version does not show. it can be switched on/off and tilt fine, it just does not 'glow' when it is on.

Hope that makes sense?

Keep it up!

On 2/15/2022 at 5:09 AM, TTlabambaTT said:

Hi, awesome mod. I have owned this game since it was in alpha and I am always in awe of modders keeping their stuff up to date, respect to you.

Couldn't find this as an open issue on GitHub. KSP 1.12.3.3173

When your mod overwrites an old default illuminator already on a vessel the 'lit' version does not show. it can be switched on/off and tilt fine, it just does not 'glow' when it is on.

Hope that makes sense?

Keep it up!

Yeah the old part is hard to replace and this will probably not be resolved. You can make an issue for it if you want. 

Hi guys. New member, I apologize if this has been asked.

I am trying to use restock with waterfall, using the stock waterfall effects. It appears this mod breaks those effects. Do I need to go into each engine profile and tweak them to my liking, to compensate or is there a fix?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Kerbalkraut said:

Hi guys. New member, I apologize if this has been asked.

I am trying to use restock with waterfall, using the stock waterfall effects. It appears this mod breaks those effects. Do I need to go into each engine profile and tweak them to my liking, to compensate or is there a fix?

Thank you.

There is a restock waterfall effects mod: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/WaterfallRestock

Restock 1.4.3 has been released

Restock

• KSP 1.12.3
  •  Incorporated 1.25m Engine Plate into ReStock base to account for Making History 1.25m Engine Plate addition
  •  Fix Communotron 88-88 starting extended in the VAB (#965)
  •  Added a depth mask to the Communotron 88-88
  •  Fixed Reliant boattail grey option being the old pre-1.12 one
  •  Removed extra rescaleFactor from Swivel

Restock+

•  KSP 1.12.3
  •  Added Japanese localization (kzm4269)
  •  Added flag to 1.25m Engine Plates for Making History inclusion
  •  Deprecated previous 1.25m Engine Plate and added new 1.25m Engine Plate for craft file compatibility

I've noticed that the electric drain for the 1.875 SAS module is off. It's set to 0.675 / s with 22.5 kN torque, however, the 2.5m stock SAS module is set to 0.600 / s with 30 kN torque. Doesn't seem right. 

0.625 = 0.05 EC/kN. 

1.25 = 0.03 EC/kN.

1.875 = 0.03 EC/kN.

2.5 = 0.02 EC/kN.

I'd say 1.875 should be refactored at 0.025 EC/kN giving it an electric drain of 0.5625 EC/kN.

Edited by Frostiken

9 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Nertea retired from modding. You might see some bug fixes but new modeling is not anticipated.

Unfourtunate, those 2 engines look ugly compared to the rest

38 minutes ago, Adiri said:

Unfourtunate, those 2 engines look ugly compared to the rest

I patched them out of my game and added the Schnauzer and Caravel back in (which are normally hidden if MH is installed). They're not exact replacements, but close enough for me.

17 hours ago, Adiri said:

@Nerteaare you ever going to revamp the Bobcat and cheetah engines? They desperately need a revamp

He didn't revamp them, he just copied over the models.

10 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Nertea retired from modding. You might see some bug fixes but new modeling is not anticipated.

Nertea's working on KSP2 now!

6 hours ago, Kwebib said:

I patched them out of my game and added the Schnauzer and Caravel back in (which are normally hidden if MH is installed). They're not exact replacements, but close enough for me.

Never heard of those engines lol, are they part of the stock game?

Can someone explain the engine plate boattail design? I have no idea how to use it. It's a static-length, has weird little things that look like something is supposed to mount to it... is this only intended to be used at the bottom of a stack with nothing staged below it?

13 hours ago, Kwebib said:

What needs to be done to do this?

Edited by Frostiken

I tried to find the file for the "Cherenkov",  but I couldn't find them.  I want to give it a slightly higher ISP.    Does anyone know where the file is in the Restock+ folder?  Thanks

10 hours ago, Frostiken said:

What needs to be done to do this?

Here's the patch I use.

@PART[restock-engine-schnauzer-1]:AFTER[ReStockPlus]
{
	!MHReplacement = True
}
@PART[restock-engine-caravel-1]:AFTER[ReStockPlus]
{
	!MHReplacement = True
}
@PART[LiquidEngineLV-T91]:FINAL		// Cheetah
{
	%TechHidden = True
}
@PART[LiquidEngineLV-TX87]:FINAL	// Bobcat
{
	%TechHidden = True
}

2 hours ago, Tundra said:

I tried to find the file for the "Cherenkov",  but I couldn't find them.  I want to give it a slightly higher ISP.    Does anyone know where the file is in the Restock+ folder?  Thanks

Here

GameData\ReStockPlus\Parts\Engine\25\restock-engine-cherenkov.cfg

And, this mod could help you out if you need to find the path to another part

• 5 weeks later...