KSP2 Hype Train Thread

14 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

I agree 100%

Some folks want to be in early access in an unfinished title, and some do not, and no reasonable person would place judgement on either side. 

If I was looking to play a completed game, I certainly would not purchase this.

I am purchasing it just for being along for the ride, The First KSP there wasn't even an orbit of Kerbin involved. 

I wish I had been there for the ride to what it became. 

Still missing my point, so sad...it's about making judgements on the platform and foundation they've laid; not about the game in its current state or playabliity.

Another great analogy would be a personal experience... this is why I bought an Indian Motorcycle and not a Harley. It's got a retro look with a modern engine = more reliable, water cooled so I don't have to pull over and let it cool on very hot SW days, easier to work on, more performance... longer heritage (debatable since Indian has been tossed around since just after WWII)

I beta tested Diablo II (no not open beta) back in the day, that had horrible bugs (particularly multiplayer), also beta tested WoW; same thing, along with some clipping and and broken quests etc. But you could see the foundation was there, and performed relatively well.

Go watch Tim Dodd's video, maybe you'll respect his opinion more; then again many people wrote off his review since he's not a "gamer"...  

Edited by saxappeal89129

2 hours ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Still missing my point, so sad...it's about making judgements on the platform and foundation they've laid; not about the game in its current state or playabliity.

Another great analogy would be a personal experience... this is why I bought an Indian Motorcycle and not a Harley. It's got a retro look with a modern engine = more reliable, water cooled so I don't have to pull over and let it cool on very hot SW days, easier to work on, more performance... longer heritage (debatable since Indian has been tossed around since just after WWII)

I beta tested Diablo II (no not open beta) back in the day, that had horrible bugs (particularly multiplayer), also beta tested WoW; same thing, along with some clipping and and broken quests etc. But you could see the foundation was there, and performed relatively well.

Go watch Tim Dodd's video, maybe you'll respect his opinion more; then again many people wrote off his review since he's not a "gamer"...  

I already did watch Tom Dodd's video and I will be purchasing the game on day one, just as he said he will be, and for the same reasons, also Scott Manley and Matt's and a few others, all of which are purchasing the game day one as I will be. They are enthusiasts like me and want to be there for the ride forward.

For a flat gamer, I would not recommend this game... yet.

The first game I beta tested was Meridian 59, and Ultima Online after that, I have been enjoying video games since before there were video cards. My first Video game was Pong, my first computer game was Zork.

As far as getting the point is concerned, you are determined not to.

PS.  I also responded to Tim Dodd's video earlier and agreed with his ranking of the game in every aspect, and yes I respect his opinion more than yours, and will be joining him on day one in KSP 2. Perhaps you should watch Tim Dodd's video?

Edited by DwightLee

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

This.

I've learned this recently (in the past year and a half) by starting to read Fanfiction.

Most published novels go through an expensive editing process that sterilize them from any kind of writer error possible, not only in the grammar, but in the pacing and story structure too.

Fanfiction is like homemade food you're going to find all kinds of errors and experiments in it, and learn tons about writing.

Speaking of learning from fanfic, does anybody remember Brotoro’s Long Term Laythe series?  Ancient history now, but super well done and I learned a heckuva lot about advanced-for-the time KSP gameplay…

http://brotoro.com/ksp/index.html

Just now, Missingno200 said:

Can we start a second hype train for station 1.0 once that happens, or is there no room on that particular schedule?

That train can leave the station after the release of 1.0 is actually announced.  That's a ways down the road map at the moment.

Happy landings!

Just now, Missingno200 said:

Can we start a second hype train for station 1.0 once that happens, or is there no room on that particular schedule?

I think that would actually be a good idea, and a lot of us that are joining Early Access would join you on that

Just now, DwightLee said:

I think that would actually be a good idea, and a lot of us that are joining Early Access would join you on that

Let's not get in trouble for that and just wait for the train to pull into station first :P

Just now, Minmus Taster said:

T-2

Main engine ignition! Preparing for booster ignition and liftoff.

The suspense... It's killing me! Where am I going to find a doctor that does house calls to deal with this malady!?

3 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

The suspense... It's killing me! Where am I going to find a doctor that does house calls to deal with this malady!?

You put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up. Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.

Just now, jacksawild said:

You put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up. Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.

Instructions unclear, currently dealing with anthrax poisoning...

Spoiler

9p6llZS.png

Probably not a crossover anyone ever expected.

So, with that out of my system, how long do you guys think until BDArmory gets ported?

1 hour ago, Missingno200 said:

So, with that out of my system, how long do you guys think until BDArmory gets ported?

It is funny you mention that, with all the patches, minor updates. and eventually major updates as per the roadmap, I seriously doubt I will mod KSP 2 for literally years.

No judgment on others of course, none at all, just talking for me

Edited by DwightLee

5 hours ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Speaking of learning from fanfic, does anybody remember Brotoro’s Long Term Laythe series?  Ancient history now, but super well done and I learned a heckuva lot about advanced-for-the time KSP gameplay…

http://brotoro.com/ksp/index.html

Thanks for sharing this.  Lot's of good stuff in there.