SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

• 3 weeks later...

SimpleConstruction! (SCON))
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.99.32-prerelease <eengie and TheNamedOyster meet Kerbalism> edition

This is PRE-RELEASE - and MIGHT break saves

meaning things have changed, including file names - so delete GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and GameData/SimpleConstruction folders - THEN install new version

• Released 30 Oct 2022 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3 by zer0Kerbal

For best results - DO A CLEAN INSTALL; DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Spoiler

Summary

• Kerbalism Compatibility

• SPECIAL THANK YOU TO eengie

• [Launchpad.dll] 6.99.3 (minimum KSP version: 1.12.x)

• [WIP] XPL/SC/NSSC manual * temporary link

• based on work by taniwha, thank you!
  • We came to an agreement (many KerboBucks didn't change hands) with STEADLER Engineering Corps to allow them to install a virtual workshop in two of their models, the RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit and the RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit. This virtual workshop allows for unmanned construction, albiet at a slower pace than with a manned construction vessel. We didn't install a speed limiter because we aren't totally afraid of the AI revolution that isn't coming; and no, a non-hostile, non-killer robot AI didn't make me say ....

• After news was leaked from the STEADLER Engineering Corps about our deal, C7 Aerospace Division may or may not have reverse engineered the technology and may or may not have hacked into their MK2 drone core.

• As part of this upgrade program, we issued the mk2 pencil and paper to all workshops increasing their base productivity from 0.25 to 0.5; this excludes science labs and other specific parts that have crew capacity but are not command modules.

• Cabin note concerning Kerbalism:

• Kerbalism compatibility is considered EXPERIMENTAL.
    • certain builds may require no RocketParts and time to complete. We are aware of this and any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

Kerbalism

• Compatibility
    • NEW: <Kerbalism.cfg> v1.0.0.0
  • Config
    • <Recipies.cfg> v4.1.1.1
    • <Resources.cfg> v1.0.6.1
    • <ScienceLabs.cfg> v1.0.5.1
      • the patch was looking for all parts that have a MODULE[ModuleScienceLab], which Kerbalism deleted and replaces with MODULE[Laboratory] (and other stuff); i.e. the SC patch finds no parts fulfilling it's :NEEDS and does nothing.
      • made the patch look for either module
  • closes #163 - [Bug]: SCON+KERB bug

Config

• Add <AdvancedDroneCores.cfg> v1.0.0.0
    • [probeStackSmall] - RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit
    • [probeStackLarge] - RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit
    • [mk2DroneCore] - MK2 Drone Core

Update

• <Recipes.cfg> v4.1.1.2
  • <CrewedPods.cfg> v1.0.2.0
  • <Agents.cfg> v4.0.0.0
    • localized, since XPL now provides strings
  • <DockingPorts.cfg> v1.0.3.1
    • localized the description supplementer
    • updates #19 - Localization - Master
  • Hero Image
    • was too dark and lacked authors name
    • closes #172 - : Update Hero Image

Status

• Issues
    • closes #166 - SimpleConstruction! (SCON) 4.0.99.32-prerelease <TheNamedOyster> edition
    • closes #167 - 4.0.99.32 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #168 - 4.0.99.32 Update Documentation
    • closes #169 - 4.0.99.32 Update Social Media
    • updates #173 - B9 combo tank mass issue(s)

See More

Spoiler

Localization

Spoiler

SimpleConstruction! (SCON)

• English English
  • Dutch Dutch - courtesy of GitHub user: x13x54
  • Français French (Français) - courtesy of GitHub user: izeau (Jean Dupouy)!
  • German German (Deutsch)
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Extraplanetary Launchpads

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help out taniwha and help translate? See above for instructions. Github Repo

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Spoiler

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

13 minutes ago, wkwied said:

The download link in the previous post doesn't work - https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/SimpleConstrution/files

Likewise I can't find it on curseforge by searching.. https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/search?search=simple+construction

@wkwiedthank you. +1 :rep:

two things occured:

links are now pointing to the right url in both the last release posting and the original post.

Thank you, it now works.

However I'm not sure if I'm missing a mod prerequisite or not. I do not seem to have the options on the labs to turn metal into rocket parts. Turning ore into metal with the convert-o-tron works, and I can somehow build a craft from the docking port without any time/engineers or without even rocket parts.

Additionally, I do not have the option to load stock craft, even with the check box checked. I only see save-specific craft

sb5Llxe.png

Here is what I have installed via ckan and my gamedata folder IIRC the only things I had installed manually are hyperedit extrasolar, as well as simple construction. Before installing, I had fully removed extraplanetary launchpads (there was neither a launchpads nor simple construction folder in gamedata)

DehgBym.png

dn7gMG2.pngl8Omz1K.png

10 minutes ago, wkwied said:

without any time/engineers or without even rocket parts.

this is a new bug I am looking at, and I think I know the culprit (me).

10 minutes ago, wkwied said:

I do not have the option to load stock craft, even with the check box checked. I only see save-specific craft

I believe this is something that @taniwha is looking at

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 11/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, wkwied said:

Huzza for squashing bugs. Should the 4.0.99.31 version be fine to run on KSP 1.12.3.3173 (the latest I believe)?

Cheers

@wkwied YVMW! +1 :rep:

Should be fine even on 1.12.4  :)

9 hours ago, TheNamedOyster said:

Thanks for the update @zer0Kerbal! Sorry I wasn't of more help lately, been super busy these last few weeks.

@TheNamedOyster You are Very Much Welcome! All good. I have another bug or two to fix in the next weeks ore (pun intended) - if you have the metal to wait. One has to do with a rapid build bug, and the other has to do with the BP combo tanks mass/cost.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues with this SimpleConstruction [SC] mod.

I installed through CKAN, so I got all dependencies listed there, and ensured that I didn't install ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads [EPL] alongside it (particularly as CKAN lists that SC "provides" EPL). Of note, CKAN lists SC as having a conflict with itself, but installed it without issues despite that.

For the sake of eliminating confusion, these are the dependencies I it lists and I got:

• ModuleManager 4.2.2 [required]
  • Community Resource Pack v112.0.1 [required]
  • KAS 1.12 [suggested] (had it beforehand)

And looking in my gamedata folder, I see a directory "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads" dated at the same time as SC (so likely created by CKAN due to the [Provides] relation), with very few files. Most of which are localization- & texture- files.

The issue I experience:

While I get ore-tanks for metal and rocketparts (I was under the impression that they would let me select what they stored in the VAB? Apparently not, they are all distinct Parts) I do not get the modules for producing metal or rocketparts in the ISRU and Lab respectively. I also do not get the module for showing UI in the docking port. In other words, none of the context-menu functionality is added!

Looking through the logs, I get some unrelated spam every now and then from this mod, with a couple duplicate entries each time (let's go on a tangent!). But were unable to spot anything else from this mod (though there were also often errors from MOARdV's AvionicsSystems mod - but again, seem unrelated to the error, and this time also unrelated to this mod):

Spoiler
[ERR 15:50:24.269] ExperienceTrait: Cannot add effect 'ELSurveySkill' as it does not exist.
[ERR 15:50:24.270] ExperienceTrait: Cannot add effect 'ELConstructionSkill' as it does not exist.

Looking at the files relating to the errors, I see that despite what the msg says the 'effects' do indeed exist in ExperienceTraits.cfg:

Spoiler
@EXPERIENCE_TRAIT[Pilot] {
    EFFECT {
        name = ELSurveySkill
    }
}

@EXPERIENCE_TRAIT[Engineer] {
    EFFECT {
        name = ELConstructionSkill
    }
}

As for the actual issue I mentioned at start (returning from the above tangent), when I look at the files for the parts, I think I see the issue. They all state a need for a mod named "Launchpad", but I have no such mod, SC lists no such dependency, and doesn't provide any entry for it. Even when searching my entire GameData folder for any entries regarding "Launchpad", the closest I find are either other patches with a dependency ("NEEDS[Launchpad]") for that mod, or lines that merely contain the word in some other identifier (ie. "ELLaunchpad", or "EL_ELLaunchpad_title").

So as far as I can tell, there's some kind of missing dependency?

ex. DockingPorts.cfg (make note of line 6 - "NEEDS[Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]"):

Spoiler
// DockingPorts.cfg v1.0.0.2
// SimpleConstruction
// created: 01 Dec 2019
// updated: 2020 03 27

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]:HAS[!MODULE[ELLaunchPad]]]:NEEDS[Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:FOR[SimpleConstruction]
{
    @description:NEEDS[SimpleConstruction] ^= :$: <color=orange>\nSimpleConstruction Augmented. </color>:

MODULE
    {
        name = ELTarget
        TargetName = Pad
        TargetTransform = LaunchPos
        SpawnHeightOffset = 0.2
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ELWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 1
    }

// Add Build Capability
    MODULE
    {
        name = ELLaunchpad
        SpawnTransform = LaunchPos
    }
}

// GPLv2
// zer0Kerbal

Looking into EPL (the real mod, not the "[provided]" from SC) I have found a file that seemed promising (launchpad.dll), so I yoinked it straight out of there and placed it in "SC/Plugins/". Things worked now... except the "Show UI" on dockingports shows a messy thing missing loads of textures and localization strings. Most likely related to the "UI" directory in EPL.

Yoinking said UI folder into SC/ solves the texture issues. Sorta. Most of them turn entirely transparent. Better than entirely white bg's with white text, tho.

As for the localization, both SC and the EPL version SC installed has a localization file, but lacks the UI strings one can see in EPL's localization file. So yoinking it straight won't work due to namespace collision ("en-us.cfg"), and instead it has to be placed in a custom mod, or files has to be somehow merged. I opted for a combination, making a new directory "SC/Localization/EPL/.", where I yoinked the file to, merging them in File System-style just like if I had made a new mod, avoiding the bother of having to edit a file.

Conclusion, there is indeed a missing dependency in CKAN's version of SC. Or missing files. Either way, the user needs to manually stuff from EPL.

All this did however not get SC working for my purposes, as I downloaded it after looking for a way to spawn Parts in space. When I open the UI -> select craft -> Parts, all I get is an empty list, with the header "parts".

Hz8FEOK.png

Edited by unregistered_user

• 4 weeks later...

I have found a workaround to the issue of the mobile processing lab not being able to produce Rocket parts from metal.

There seems to be an issue with the ScienceLabs.cfg, For version 4.0.99.32, by removing this file and then replacing it with an older config (in my case Version 4.0.2.6) it fixes the issue and allows the science lab to produce rocket parts again!

images of science lab not working with new config and it working with old config (I have tested it and it seems to work as intended with no issues)

Spoiler

Not Working with new config

i3hcEcJ.jpg

Working with old config (tested)rAwFyaG.jpg

New config on top, Old on bottom.

Spoiler

PY1dOye.pngEzLbagb.png

Edited by koyuze

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, koyuze said:

There seems to be an issue with the ScienceLabs.cfg, For version 4.0.99.32, by removing this file and then replacing it with an older config (in my case Version 4.0.2.6) it fixes the issue and allows the science lab to produce rocket parts again!

@koyuze +1 :rep:

Thank you - yes changes were made to <ScienceLabs.cfg> in order to add requested Kerbalism compatibility. Kerbalism deletes the `ModuleScienceLab` part module and inserts it's own `Laboratory` part module. While the module isn't important for the functioning of SCON, it is important to targeting the parts to patch. This is fixed internally and is planned be released in .33 later today.

Thank you for helping your fellow player!

On 1/6/2023 at 7:13 PM, Raptus said:

It worked!

I copied this code into ScienceLabs.cfg, reloaded the game, and now I can produce RocketParts.

Thanks for the fix @koyuze.

@Raptus  +1 :rep:

and I agree with your statement thanking @koyuze

On 11/20/2022 at 11:20 AM, RB101 said:

I want to love this mod... but it is not compatible with any other mods that alter ISRUs... which forces me to use extraplanetary launch pads...

@RB101 which addon(s) - there might be an easy compatibility patch. See here to provide/suggest/request compatibility patches. If you suggest/request I will ask you to test them in a timely fashion (only fair).

I will also plan on livestreaming a SCON testing session later today prior to the actual release of .33 --> and will propagate the video to my youtube channel and u/zer0Kerbal as well. Announcement will be made on twitch and my reddit channel a couple of minutes before going 'live'

Regrettably I don't always have (make) the time to answer questions on these forums - as you might expect. my addon adopt/update/release calendar is rather full. Especially now since the Epic Games KSP giveaway (until the 12th) - see my twitter feed more information and links. GitHub issues/discussion/PR's are the best way to contact me about issues/requests etc. (see signature and all images in the readme/release notes are links as well)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

SimpleConstruction! (SCON))
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.99.33-prerelease <eengie B9 Combo> edition

This is PRE-RELEASE - and MIGHT break saves (but probably won't)

meaning things have changed, including file names - so delete GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and GameData/SimpleConstruction folders - THEN install new version

• Released
    • 09 Jan 2023
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4
    • by zer0Kerbal

For best results - DO A CLEAN INSTALL; DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • Gremlin's have been removed from the <ScienceLabs.cfg> v1.0.5.2 that prevented it from functioning as intended. Bad gremlins!

• The CurseForge url has been updated from \sc to \SimpleConstruction

• [Launchpad.dll] 6.99.3 (minimum KSP version: 1.12.x)

• [WIP] XPL/SC/NSSC manual link

• based on work by taniwha, thank you!
  • SPECIAL THANK YOU TO eengie

• Changes

• <Kerbalism.cfg>
      • parts have been reminded that live crew is important!
      • <AdvancedDroneCores.cfg>
        • %IgnoreCrewCapacity = False
    • <B9TankTypes.cfg> v1.0.3.0
      • put the tanks on a diet, and now their mass/amounts/prices should fall into 'normal'
    • <Resources.cfg> v1.0.7.0
      • had a misplaced :NEEDS statement, which white-outed RocketParts name
      • had a % and @ convention, the promoters have been sacked. there was much rejoicement.
    • <DockingPorts.cfg> v1.0.3.2
      • last change was so successful many built vessel didn't want to leave it's comfortable pad
      • [ModuleDockingNode]
        • [undockEjectionForce] now 0.1, up from 0.0
    • <InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg> v1.2.0.0
      • combined two patches
        • <Interstellar.cfg> and <InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg>
    • <Tanks.cfg>
      • simplified patch that ghosts extra parts if B9PartSwitch or InterstellarFuelSwitch present
      • It is very much less 'needy' now.
    • and still the tanks don't show in the custom category
  • Rational Resources now supports SimpleConstruction! (SCON)

• Still no feedback on the stock recycler - will consider a pigeon-holed request for now

See More

Spoiler

Localization

SimpleConstruction! (SCON)

• English English
  • Dutch Dutch - courtesy of GitHub user: x13x54
  • Français French (Français) - courtesy of GitHub user: izeau (Jean Dupouy)!
  • German German (Deutsch)
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Extraplanetary Launchpads (XPL)

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help out taniwha and help translate? See above for instructions. Github Repo

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

Release Schedule

Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™ (the button has been pushed)
Edited by zer0Kerbal

I am trying to use SimpleCon instead of EPL. I've installed as directed and don't seem to notice any change to my game. Should I have a button to display relevant resources (required RP to build for example)? It's possible I leftovers from EPL install but I was pretty sure I installed correctly. Any ideas?

log here

4 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

I am trying to use SimpleCon instead of EPL. I've installed as directed and don't seem to notice any change to my game. Should I have a button to display relevant resources (required RP to build for example)? It's possible I leftovers from EPL install but I was pretty sure I installed correctly. Any ideas?

log here

thank you for the log - however the log (s) I want are <KSP_ROOT>/KSP.log and <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

Kindly fill out a bug report here - and you can drop'n'drop those logs right into the issue. Those two files should allow me to troubleshoot >90% of any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a number of issues with SCON. Building with the SSPX centrifuges for example. If I use EPL to construct something with them the whole thing explodes. Outside of this I also can not change Productivity with the cfg files. I went into the sciencelab scon MM config file and doubled productivity but my vessel's productivity did not change even after reloading the game. Worth noting maybe it still was updating, like if I EVA'd a kerbal. It just never went above the maximum already listed.

Edited by StormxWolf

Kindly submit bug report here, including both <KSP_ROOT>/KSP.log and <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache

also: https://zer0kerbal.github.io/SimpleConstruction/ManualInstallation.html (which is also included in all releases)

I should have time to look at these reports shortly

Download the latest release from CurseForge, that is the only place to download the latest (pre)releases.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, mococo said:

I installed it without any problems, but I couldn't find any changes in the game. Can you help me solve it? I also attached the log. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NnGeqWRp4bLIFHCe-u9r9vGv8pnXBLZ8/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, StormxWolf said:

I am having a number of issues with SCON. Building with the SSPX centrifuges for example. If I use EPL to construct something with them the whole thing explodes. Outside of this I also can not change Productivity with the cfg files. I went into the sciencelab scon MM config file and doubled productivity but my vessel's productivity did not change even after reloading the game. Worth noting maybe it still was updating, like if I EVA'd a kerbal. It just never went above the maximum already listed.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, mococo said:

I installed it without any problems, but I couldn't find any changes in the game. Can you help me solve it? I also attached the log. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NnGeqWRp4bLIFHCe-u9r9vGv8pnXBLZ8/view?usp=sharing

@mococo Thank you for the logs.

I. suggestion - find and eradicate all copies of MiniAVC*.dll anywhere and everywhere in GameData or use Zero MiniAVC

Spoiler

[LOG 09:36:29.719] MiniAVC-V2 -> Executing: MiniAVC-V2 - 2.0.0.0
[LOG 09:36:29.719] MiniAVC-V2 -> Assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC-V2.dll
[LOG 09:36:29.719] MiniAVC-V2 -> Config not found: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/MiniAVCUpdateFrequency.dat
[LOG 09:36:29.719] MiniAVC-V2 -> System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MiniAVC.xml
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode)
  at MiniAVC_V2.AddonSettings.Load (System.String rootPath) [0x0002e] in <214a1636eddc45c4a8ceda3c50905c2f>:0 
  at MiniAVC_V2.AddonLibrary.ProcessAddonPopulation (System.Object state) [0x0006f] in <214a1636eddc45c4a8ceda3c50905c2f>:0

II. -

I created a fresh copy of KSP 1.12.5 with only the DLC's, Module Manager, and QuickStart, plus the contents of the latest release of SCON from CurseForge and it worked perfectly.  The stock button shows up in KSC, editors, and flight. The UI shows up via the button or the PAW.

Included in all modern releases is a ManualInstallation.htm document - which for SimpleConstruction! can be found online here.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Thanks Zer0! Apologies for double posting, I had the issue pop up again between those two posts and it totally evaded me! I will get right on that report, sorry again. Furthermore, it appears when I installed from CF it fixed the config issue? Not sure what's up there but I accomplished what I was trying to do!

Update: I can not find the MM config cache. Has it been moved or deprecated? I know I used to see it but not on my current install. Here is a screenshot:

XA3ZM7B.png

A simple (crappy) windows search for "ModuleManager" and "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" returns nothing.

Edited by StormxWolf

9 hours ago, StormxWolf said:

double posting

no worries. glad the CF version worked. CKAN and SpaceDock are behind, and will remain behind until XPL is out of alpha/beta/prerelease.

9 hours ago, StormxWolf said:

MM config cach

are you using MM/L? if so it would be <KSP_ROOT>Logs?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

8 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

no worries. glad the CF version worked. CKAN and SpaceDock are behind, and will remain behind until XPL is out of alpha/beta/prerelease.

are you using MM/L? if so it would be <KSP_ROOT>Logs?

Found the log, I was having an issue with one of my MM patches preventing a patch from being created. Fixed that but sadly still having issues with SCON. I added it to the github issue report.

Edited by StormxWolf