[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

The other day I was daydreaming of a full KSRSS release, including configs for the new EVE with volumetrics, Parallax, everything. Building an install with all the mods we love and never even bothering about KSP2 until it is polished, if at all. Such a dream KSP install would be all I need for years.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

The other day I was daydreaming of a full KSRSS release, including configs for the new EVE with volumetrics, Parallax, everything. Building an install with all the mods we love and never even bothering about KSP2 until it is polished, if at all. Such a dream KSP install would be all I need for years.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work.

Yeah, I'll be daydreaming about a rig that could run all of that. Probably need a 4090 LOL.

21 minutes ago, DA299 said:

Yeah, I'll be daydreaming about a rig that could run all of that. Probably need a 4090 LOL.

Back a few pages, I tried  just such an "all the visual mods on extreme" on my work PC (which I can use for play too fortunately). It has a 3090TI and basically maxed out at 20Gb of RAM (but only 4% of CPU), and pegged the GPU at 100%, but "only" 14Gb of it's 24Gb of video ram. The liquid coolers and fans were working overtime, but it ran at roughly 60FPS (with no other mods).

I'll try that again when @blackrackreleases the new super volumetric clouds in EVE. I may have to dig out my portable aircon and point it at the machine tho.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

37 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Back a few pages, I tried  just such an "all the visual mods on extreme" on my work PC (which I can use for play too fortunately). It has a 3090TI and basically maxed out at 20Gb of RAM (but only 4% of CPU), and pegged the GPU at 100%, but "only" 14Gb of it's 24Gb of video ram. The liquid coolers and fans were working overtime, but it ran at roughly 60FPS (with no other mods).

I'll try that again when @blackrackreleases the new super volumetric clouds in EVE. I may have to dig out my portable aircon and point it at the machine tho.

I'm fairly certain the volumetric clouds can drag anything underground if the settings are turned way up, I'm thinking of including a NASA preset just for laughs.

1 hour ago, DA299 said:

11 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I'm fairly certain the volumetric clouds can drag anything underground if the settings are turned way up, I'm thinking of including a NASA preset just for laughs.

Sure thing! But from what I am gathering (even though the info is scarce at this point :wink::wink:), I believe a 1080Ti with 11GB and 32GB of RAM will still be able to provide stunning volumetrics and run Parallax on the side. Right? Right???   LOL

10 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Sure thing! But from what I am gathering (even though the info is scarce at this point :wink::wink:), I believe a 1080Ti with 11GB and 32GB of RAM will still be able to provide stunning volumetrics and run Parallax on the side. Right? Right???   LOL

A 1080 ti should get you a locked 60 fps at 1440p with scatterer+eve+parallax all on default settings, so yeah

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

A 1080 ti should get you a locked 60 fps at 1440p with scatterer+eve+parallax all on default settings, so yeah

Cheers! That's more than plenty! Thanks for taking the time!

Man, 60 fps, how spoiled are we these days? Anyone remember when we still were on the older version of Unity, before all the performance enhancements? Just part count alone would bog down the game, no matter what hardware you threw at it.

Hi, I've downloaded ksrss from here : https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/reborn/

installed it with its dependencies along with Scatterer and EVE, but I have this glitch where the sun seems to be shining through the Earth, this also happens without EVE/Scatterer. Is there any fix? I'm playing KSP 1.12.3.

I took these screenshots in the tracking station but it also happens and is pretty noticeable if I have a craft in orbit

https://imgur.com/abx4LiE

https://imgur.com/7WP9sJm

8 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

Check KSP graphics settings. Make sure texture resolution is full, not half.

I was indeed playing at half res, but switching to full res and restarting the game didn't fix it :(

I'm also gonna mention that I tried reinstalling the whole game and ksrss, to no avail

1 hour ago, azlowcha said:

I was indeed playing at half res, but switching to full res and restarting the game didn't fix it :(

I'm also gonna mention that I tried reinstalling the whole game and ksrss, to no avail

Copy your entire log file to a sharing service, then link it here. Someone might be able to find the problem.

Read the "how to get help" thread if you arent't sure how to share the log file.

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Copy your entire log file to a sharing service, then link it here. Someone might be able to find the problem.

Read the "how to get help" thread if you arent't sure how to share the log file.

Alright, here's a link to my log file if anyone can take a look :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rTN4QkV3Sm8L9ifnmfotePTVKV_XN2LU/view?usp=share_link

Can someone help me out real quick? I'm super confused.

Originally I thought normal KSRSS was 1/10 scale like stock, but then I read around the thread that it's actually 1/9. 

Does this mean that the Delta V Map on the first post is not accurate anymore? Is there a more accurate Delta V Map around?

No wonder I wasn't able to put any of the stock vessels in orbit :P

7 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Can someone help me out real quick? I'm super confused.

Originally I thought normal KSRSS was 1/10 scale like stock, but then I read around the thread that it's actually 1/9. 

Does this mean that the Delta V Map on the first post is not accurate anymore? Is there a more accurate Delta V Map around?

No wonder I wasn't able to put any of the stock vessels in orbit :P

The native is 2.7X stock scale, I believe there's a patch for 1/9th scale. There's no dV map that I know of for 1/9th scale, but you can use the 1/4th scale(2.7X stock) dV map and multiply all values by roughly (4/9)^2 = 0.64 to get a reasonably accurate number for the dV.

7 hours ago, DA299 said:

The native is 2.7X stock scale, I believe there's a patch for 1/9th scale. There's no dV map that I know of for 1/9th scale, but you can use the 1/4th scale(2.7X stock) dV map and multiply all values by roughly (4/9)^2 = 0.64 to get a reasonably accurate number for the dV.

So, native KSRSS is 2.7x (same as JNSQ)? That's what I'm trying to understand, not sure if I worded my original message wrong.

I was trying to use this dV Map shown in the first post for native KSRSS.

1 hour ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

So, native KSRSS is 2.7x (same as JNSQ)? That's what I'm trying to understand, not sure if I worded my original message wrong.

I was trying to use this dV Map shown in the first post for native KSRSS.

TLDR: KSRSS used to be natively stock size with a patch to scale up. Newer KSRSS is now natively scaled up with a patch to scale down near stock.

Your question has different answers depending on which version of KSRSS. Are you using v0.7 (installed from gitHUB) or the newer Reborn (installed from gitLAB)?

KSRSS v0.7 that started this thread was native stock scale. That's 1x stock (or 1/10 real). There was a patch to make it 2.5x. The 2 DV maps at different scales in the OP are for v0.7.

More recently, KSRSS Reborn replaces v0.7. It flips the scales by being natively 2.7x. There's a patch to make that close to 1x (real 1/9 so not exactly 1x).

Edited by DeadJohn
fixed the 2.5/2.7x scales

18 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

TLDR: KSRSS used to be natively stock size with a patch to scale up. Newer KSRSS is now natively scaled up with a patch to scale down near stock.

Your question has different answers depending on which version of KSRSS. Are you using v0.7 (installed from gitHUB) or the newer Reborn (installed from gitLAB)?

KSRSS v0.7 that started this thread was native stock scale. That's 1x stock (or 1/10 real). There was a patch to make it 2.7x. The 2 DV maps at different scales in the OP are for v0.7.

More recently, KSRSS Reborn replaces v0.7. It flips the scales by being natively 2.5x. There's a patch to make that close to 1x (real 1/9 so not exactly 1x).

Using Reborn. And according to what I know, Reborn is natively 2.7x, not 2.5x.

Ultimately went to the Discord and asked Tony himself, who provided me with the 2.7x and stock size (1.2x) DV maps

2 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Using Reborn. And according to what I know, Reborn is natively 2.7x, not 2.5x.

Ultimately went to the Discord and asked Tony himself, who provided me with the 2.7x and stock size (1.2x) DV maps

Aaack, I flipped the 2.5 and 2.7 in my original post. Edited above. New confusion while trying to fix the old confusion ;)

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

for me, TWP in mod form outdoes any static dV map.

I also supplied a "Where Can I Go?" config for KSRSS Reborn which is now included, that's a mod that shows you all the delta-V for everywhere in game in a table, in the editor. I find it a great first pass "this design might get there". (Basically the delta-V map, but the computer does the maths for you).

I'd still recommend final checks of actual Delta-V map and KRASH simulations :-)

3GK3CRA.jpg

Above is generic stock, the KSRSS config will show "KSRSS Reborn detected at XXX scale (...)" and tell you if it's showing default (2.7x) or stock (1/9th) scale. That's all automatically detected, it's just letting you know it got that bit right. The actual data is sort of complicated to encode, and is a very rough guide (usually it's conservative), but if you think you spot an issue post here and I'll try to fix it.

Edited by 610yesnolovely