[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

20 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

hund means dog

And hound means dawg.

20 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

panzer means tank

and even kampfwagen. I knew this from games.

(Just to look wise)  

8 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I meant moving the point of view around in the game!

Edited by kerbiloid

Pig is schwein,  and crane is kran. Loader is lader, excavator is bagger, backhoe is baggerlader,  (Fun to say, and makes sense. It uses the words for excavator and loader, and a backhoe is an excavator and loader in one! They are very versatile machines), crawler crane is raupenkran, drilling rig is bohrgerät.

I knew about 3/4 of these of the top of my head,. I really want to learn German and go to Germany, but so far I only know construction equipment in German, and some basic things like "yes, no, I ,thank you ". Partially because I want to travel, partially because I want to learn more about Germany, and partially because most of Liebherr's factories are in Germany. :D:blush:

12 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Now I have 74!!!! 

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Misspelled construction and "and"

Ah, German. The language of the Kerbals. And one language I would like to learn.

(One reason why Deutsch is the Language of the Kerbals is "construction" in German is Konstruction. Actually, I have almost always seen it said as "Bau", and not "Konstruction", but the point is still valid)

27 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

schnelle ungeplante Demontage, that is what google translate said

Yes, in google Deutsch. But how is it in one word?

18 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

The language of the Kerbals

Kerbal is Spanish, reversed.