[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125 am I correct in the observation that there are no graviolium defs within the Blueshift mods for the GU planets?
If this is the case then I'll write patches for Blalo and Elius in the Nova Kirbani system to correspond to exoatmospheric  graviolium  of Eve and Jool respectively.  Thoughts?

@Ooglak Kerman Graviolium configs already exist for Galaxies Unbound. But they lie within Rational Resources.

There is also a "Graviolium Ping" experiment that is attached to any part that is a Graviolium detector so just by entering an SOI you can run this and know if there's Graviolium waiting there. (To save you the trouble of doing the tedious guess-work flights and drilling.)

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Ooglak Kerman Graviolium configs already exist for Galaxies Unbound. But they lie within Rational Resources.

There is also a "Graviolium Ping" experiment that is attached to any part that is a Graviolium detector so just by entering an SOI you can run this and know if there's Graviolium waiting there. (To save you the trouble of doing the tedious guess-work flights and drilling.)

I had forgotten about Rational Resources.  Though I think that adding it to this stage of my game might be a little rough.  I do want to give it a run though.

5 hours ago, haydne said:

how can i warp without using a warp ring, im trying to fly an ssto but the warp ring just makes it unable to land ive tried using warp coils but only 2 more would just be too long. advice please?

It will help your SSTO design to use the KFS anti-grav engines (which also consume Graviolium; available in 1.25m and 2.5m) and lose your chemical engines and their propellants. Your vehicle will be lighter without those weights so the nacelles will perform better.

1rLZPlI.png

On 11/11/2022 at 2:49 PM, haydne said:

how can i warp without using a warp ring, im trying to fly an ssto but the warp ring just makes it unable to land ive tried using warp coils but only 2 more would just be too long. advice please?

For your warp capability, a warp engine and stick on some warp coils.  In this picture, there is a S3 warp engine and 4 warp coils.
What @JadeOfMaar said about losing the blowtorches and going with gravatic is the e-ticket ride.

Spoiler

no5iLVD.png

@haydne Here is some more food for thought on a warp/gravatic SSTO.  This is not an SSTO by any stretch.  No way it can re-enter an atmosphere.
That's a Size-2 Warp engine and then 3 x Size-1 warp coils on each pylon.  If you keep your vessel mass around 50T, then you can easily get away with 2x Size-1 warp coils per side and get good performance.

Spoiler

XGS2QDX.png

Show us what you come up with!

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

1 minute ago, haydne said:

how can i warp without a warp ring because i cant land sstos with them

There is the warp ring and then there are the warp coils.  They perform the same function and need the warp core.

The warp core provides the gravity waves and the warp coil provides the warp capability.   Have a look at the pictures that have been posted.

Just now, haydne said:

ive added a few warp coils on the side but it says it still needs more power. the ship is 35 tons i dont understand whats wrong

Make sure that:
- you've added a warp core
- make sure it has fusion pellets and graviolium (click the graviolium cheat)

The warp drive will not work on the surface.  You have to be more than 1 planetary radius in orbit for it to work.  ~650KM for Kerbin is generally safe.

Post a picture

7 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Make sure that:
- you've added a warp core
- make sure it has fusion pellets and graviolium (click the graviolium cheat)

The warp drive will not work on the surface.  You have to be more than 1 planetary radius in orbit for it to work.  ~650KM for Kerbin is generally safe.

Post a picture

yea ive got a warp core and ive gone way past orbit with full gravolium and it still flames out needing more power 

and i cant paste my image :/

Here's a super basic warp craft that works

Spoiler

NwZwWlc.png

MK1-3 Command pod
RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit (not strictly needed)
Z-4K (2) battery banks (ya gotta have electricity to start the monster)
S2 "Planets Edge" Warp Core. 
S-1 Warp Coils (4)

Ensure filled with fusion pellets and graviolium

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yep. I gotta get a few questions answered then I'll publish that.

Thank you Maar-Sama.  I saw it on Discord.  I like the banana.
Does this mean the next version of GU is near at hand?  I'd be happy to be a pre-release tester, but I'm not sure how to go about asking.

16 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Thank you Maar-Sama.  I saw it on Discord.  I like the banana.
Does this mean the next version of GU is near at hand?  I'd be happy to be a pre-release tester, but I'm not sure how to go about asking.

Hah. I may use the banana to = 1 Kerbin radius. It seems pretty close to that already.

I suppose a GU update is near. From what I currently see, StarCrusher only needed to make one planet, and rearranging the others is a task that could've been done ages ago.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:31 PM, chaos113 said:

Would be cool if you had a way to make the mini gates spawn randomly on planets and in orbit 

On planets would be hard because of the way that I have to set up locations, and I'd have to know what the terrain is for each planet. In orbit is actually possible if you enable jumpgates. You could use the tetrahedron anomalies as a basis.

• 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125 The alien jumpgates by default are set for the toll

paidByTraveler = false

How does it get paid?  wbiAlienJumpgate.cfg doesn't appear to define any amount of graviolium on the gates.   One of my heavily used gates has stopped working for some reason.  I was able to shift to a different one.  I probably need to set paidByTraveler = true though