Jump to content

[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL


Angelo Kerman

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Most things will either be pre-activated or will activate when the main drive does. Just check that they are all active.

they are all active but it still say it needs more power even though in builder it says it can exceed light speed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, haydne said:

they are all active but it still say it needs more power even though in builder it says it can exceed light speed

 

Yes, the coils must be activated - but as already said, they come pre-activated.  Does your warp engine have both graviolium and fusion pellets?  Post a pic of your ship.  That will help.

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Blueshift 1.9.1 is now available:

- Hotfix to auto-deactivate generators that are integrated with warp engines when the warp engine is shut down. Similarly, integrated warp coils will auto-enable/disable upon engine activation and shutdown.

Ooooo!  That's cool.  Thanks for making that tweak.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone successfully warped out to Kax-A - the Sagitarrius-A black hole analog in GU?  Hitting the SOI tends to just make the game give up and exit suddenly.  I did cheat a ship out.  10M KM orbit - not safe.  Massive G-forces and a degrading orbit in spite of a 21,000 KM/Sec orbital velocity.  It doesn't appear that any orbit within the SOI will be stable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2022 at 4:26 AM, Ooglak Kerman said:

Yes, the coils must be activated - but as already said, they come pre-activated.  Does your warp engine have both graviolium and fusion pellets?  Post a pic of your ship.  That will help.

how do u post a pic on here? because i cant paste them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a heavily modded install, I tend to get a lot (thousands) of exceptions related to the creation of anomalies (or so I can kind of guess from the log). The exception in question looks like this:

Spoiler

[EXC 18:01:22.988] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoVessel.CreateVesselNode (System.String vesselName, VesselType vesselType, Orbit orbit, System.Int32 rootPartIndex, ConfigNode[] partNodes, ConfigNode[] additionalNodes) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
    Blueshift.WBISpaceAnomaly.createAnomalyVessel (Blueshift.WBISpaceAnomaly anomaly) (at <9041e803ff0d4b7885f9be70e4938d83>:0)
    Blueshift.WBISpaceAnomaly.createRandomAnomaly () (at <9041e803ff0d4b7885f9be70e4938d83>:0)
    Blueshift.WBISpaceAnomaly.CreateNewInstancesIfNeeded (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] spaceAnomalies) (at <9041e803ff0d4b7885f9be70e4938d83>:0)
    Blueshift.BlueshiftScenario.checkForNewAnomalies () (at <9041e803ff0d4b7885f9be70e4938d83>:0)
    Blueshift.BlueshiftScenario+<handleAnomalyChecks>d__65.MoveNext () (at <9041e803ff0d4b7885f9be70e4938d83>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogDecorator:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    Blueshift.BlueshiftScenario:FixedUpdate()

Could this be related to having a planet/star pack like Galaxies Unbound installed too? In any case, I notice especially at high time warps that the game also tends to pause for about 1 second periodically, wondering if it's related...

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwsa7hn1rv6ewmj/KSP-blueshift-exceptions.log?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if Blueshift itself is caching the the anomalies and so ones that were created in GU Nova Kirbani that got destroyed with the big change might be causing the exception errors I'm seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer or anyone who might have an idea of what is happening here.  I would appreciate any insight.

I made a whole fresh game (1.12.4) with latest Kopernicus, Eve, Scatterer, Parallax2, GU (1.4), and the WildBlue fleet.  It all works just fine with a brand new save.  No problems, no log spamming happening and the reduction in patches is remarkable.  From 4653 down to 2045.  Lot of cruft I would say.

So, I copied my game save (which was GU 1.3 and the Parallax stuff stripped out since I'm using P2) on in and started it up.  It runs just fine... but...  I get this in the KSP.log

[EXC 20:30:22.040] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PQSLandControl.OnVertexBuildHeight (PQS+VertexBuildData data) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	PQS.Mod_OnVertexBuildHeight (PQS+VertexBuildData data, System.Boolean overrideQuadBuildCheck) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	PQS.GetSurfaceHeight (Vector3d radialVector, System.Boolean overrideQuadBuildCheck) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	PQS.GetSurfaceHeight (Vector3d radialVector) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	Vessel.PQSAltitude () (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	Vessel.UpdatePosVel () (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	VesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) (at <b988c8a28ef847e1b0f80a66bb19ef8b>:0)
	VesselPrecalculate.FixedUpdate () (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

15,000 instances in just a few minutes.

This updated game with GU1.3 is just fine.  None of these exceptions.

Any ideas?   I sure appreciate anything here.  Thanks.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

No problems, no log spamming happening and the reduction in patches is remarkable.  From 4653 down to 2045.  Lot of cruft I would say.

How does setting up a new install reduce the amount of MM patches? Did you throw a lot of mods from your previous install over board? I thought having exactly the same mods (also identical versions) should result in the same amount of patches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

I made a whole fresh game (1.12.4) with latest Kopernicus, Eve, Scatterer, Parallax2, GU (1.4), and the WildBlue fleet.  It all works just fine with a brand new save.  No problems, no log spamming happening and the reduction in patches is remarkable.  From 4653 down to 2045.  Lot of cruft I would say.

So, I copied my game save (which was GU 1.3 and the Parallax stuff stripped out since I'm using P2) on in and started it up.  It runs just fine... but...  I get this in the KSP.log

How did you do your install?  By hand or with CKAN?

What is "GU"?

Also, no logs, no help.  A snippit is fine to point out something, but without a full log to look at, it's like going to an auto mechanic and saying there is a noise coming from the car, without bringing the car along for him to look at.

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

How does setting up a new install reduce the amount of MM patches? Did you throw a lot of mods from your previous install over board? I thought having exactly the same mods (also identical versions) should result in the same amount of patches. 

If he made a  new install, then when he installed mods, he probably didn't install some mods which were in the old install.  This might be the result of that

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rakete said:

How does setting up a new install reduce the amount of MM patches? Did you throw a lot of mods from your previous install over board? I thought having exactly the same mods (also identical versions) should result in the same amount of patches. 

My game was actually pretty old and had been updated multiple times for KSP and mods had been added in and removed over time.  I don't use CKAN.  I manually add mods.  It's more work, but it's made me get a better understanding of the game.  How I wound up cutting patches in more than half?  I don't know.  I've got the same mods installed in the new game as with the old one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you do your install?  By hand or with CKAN?

What is "GU"?

Also, no logs, no help.  A snippit is fine to point out something, but without a full log to look at, it's like going to an auto mechanic and saying there is a noise coming from the car, without bringing the car along for him to look at.

If he made a  new install, then when he installed mods, he probably didn't install some mods which were in the old install.  This might be the result of that

I do my installs by hand.  CKAN is a good tool, but I prefer the hands on approach.

GU is Galaxies Unbound.  The latest version was 1.3 and it didn't work with Parallax 2 and version 1.4 adds Parallax 2 support and also makes some pretty major moves of planets within the Nova Kirbani system (the only one I've got loaded).

Yeah..  sorry for the snippet.  I do know the support rules and didn't think it out.  I'll provide 2 sets of logs.  One will be from my game in Galaxies Unbound 1.3 and then that save imported to the game with Galaxies Unbound 1.4.  I greatly appreciate your willingness to have a look.

First I gotta find a place to put those and link to them since I can't upload the logs here.
 

 

 

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It sounds like if you have GU installed and it got a huge update, you'll want to disable space anomalies, exit the settings menu, and re-enable them.

I did not consider that.  This issue has seemed to be to do with orphaned objects.  Will disabling space anomalies make them all go away?  That would be annoying, but I can deal with it.

GU 1.4 did a major revamp of the Nova Kirbani system.  Some planets were removed.  Some renamed.  Some moved around.  1.4 is working just fine with a brand new fresh save and the log isn't getting mashed.  It's just this save I'm trying to bring in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disabled the anomalies (this did not remove existing) and turned it back on.  Sadly, no change to the logging.  Unless someone comes up with something, I guess I'll probably have to wrap up this save and begin a new game.  Huhh.. having to grind through the tech tree again.  Ah well.  Maybe up my game on rendezvous and landing by hand.

Odd how this only manifests with GU1.4

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Disabled the anomalies (this did not remove existing) and turned it back on.  Sadly, no change to the logging.  Unless someone comes up with something, I guess I'll probably have to wrap up this save and begin a new game.  Huhh.. having to grind through the tech tree again.  Ah well.  Maybe up my game on rendezvous and landing by hand.

Odd how this only manifests with GU1.4

The game is what you make of it. If it is just this technical issue, there is no reason for not giving a new savegame a boost by giving it some sciencepoints by alt-f12.  It's not cheating, cause you managed it already to unlock those parts, and just want to get back your safegame, that you lose due to the mod update.

 

3 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

My game was actually pretty old and had been updated multiple times for KSP and mods had been added in and removed over time.  I don't use CKAN.  I manually add mods.  It's more work, but it's made me get a better understanding of the game.  How I wound up cutting patches in more than half?  I don't know.  I've got the same mods installed in the new game as with the old one.

So do I. No CKAN. I do all manually, because I want full controll of what the patches do to my install - sometimes i change minor things, to fit to my playstyle. Somehow I don't understand, how installing the same mods in a new install could result in a differing number of executed MM patches. @linuxgurugamer: is there some clean-up the user should do, after installing/uninstalling mods, except the typical MM-cache-wipe and maybe clean-up of the logs folder? Is there more to clean-up from time to time in KSP? I guess, you are the expert on these kind of question.

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...