[1.12.x] Prakasa Aeroworks Pods and More Updated

linuxgurugamer

Forum user @Balto-the-Wolf-Dog made this mod 5 years ago.

He's retired from modding, but graciously allowed me to adopt this and get it update for 1.12.  The original thread is here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/134976-131-prakasa-aeroworks-pods-and-more/

D2YCtxJ.png

V0.8.0

(Southern Cross Plays Softly in the Distance)

Welcome to the Prakasa Aeroworks Release Thread

Freshly imported from an interstellar race with no Prime Directive, Prakasa is a pack aimed at aircraft and spaceplanes, namely with the objective of filling the 2.5 meter void between the diminutive Mk2 and massive Mk3. The parts are themed towards a somewhat more distant future than stock, offering greater interior space and a cleaner, spaceship-er aesthetic. The focus is on pods and associated IVAs, but propulsion, utility, and aerodynamic parts are included/being developed as well. Propulsive balance favors large, heavy parts with a lot of power behind them for the sake of aesthetically pleasing lines/aerodynamic viability/framerate over engine clusters. 

gfyTnPH.png

Key Features

• Lots of pods across all form factors (save 0.625), ALL featuring complete IVAs for maximum comfy. I've lost count exactly how many, and don't feel like counting them up.
  • SCRAMjets and nuclear turbines a variety of form factors
  • Ion engines for 1.25 and 2.5 form factors, with generators to support them
  • Comfy Crew Cabins and Science Modules so you can literally stare into space while burning many hours working on stellar spectrographs
  • Engine design suited to minimizing part count (powerful, versatile, heavy, physically large engines)
  • Custom Engine Effects
  • Futurist A E S T H E T I C
  • My very own fuselage profile with associated adapters
  • Big crew cabins with fuel included
  • Tenuous story canon that probably nobody cares about except me
  • A great cross section of my progress from sucking to being decent

Image Album:

Spoiler

8vHMxBM.png

fgka29o.png

x1uIApW.png

n0H4NXf.png

DjYZ8Rt.png

jfAgqwY.png

Yg0ake7.png

ZSmUj0j.png

8wL96mj.png

PbzPVDA.png

XhNoAeS.png

pyCUb4u.png

ZDaNFUX.png

JjX942M.png

5p8t6kq.png

HKU5tb1.png

VloZwk3.png

om7AZqr.png

Isoy9vX.png

uaVH6re.png

QC1p4sz.png

hd6kMba.png

ibFQQph.png

0N17JXw.png

wYVdrEH.png

jhjfmwY.png

M3hVOI9.png

AC8PEwx.png

RMiyjBp.png

G0WSPKc.png

AwnE3rQ.png

jG8o5w2.png

9RQo0L3.png

Oz0k9S4.png

oaJxmHl.png

1XQq8ML.png

LyK9cAa.png

l45IwPP.png

6scuddZ.png

r5kr5Ub.png

YDs0HV7.png

Recbu62.png

mAM4cZZ.png

lakwc0G.png

y41eKnx.png

XF0Zlll.png

Reviews:

(A pretty old one, but it'll do)

Current Features

• Seven 2.5m pods with IVAs 
  • Three 1.25m pods with IVA
  • Two Mk3 pods with IVA
  • One Mk2 pod with IVA
  • 1.25m SCRAMjet
  • 1.25m Ion Engine
  • 2.5m Ion Engine
  • 1.25m Fuel Tanks
  • 2.5m Fuel Tanks
  • 1.25m Hybrid Nuclear Turbojet
  • 2.5m Hybrid Nuclear Turbojet
  • 1.25m Intake
  • 2.5m Intake
  • 1.25m Generator
  • 2.5m Generator
  • 2.5m Hybrid SCRAMjet
  • MK2 Three Function Engine
  • 2.5m Structural engine housing for 1.25m engines
  • 2.5m Passenger Cabin with windows mounted high to allow for center mounted wings.
  • 2.5m Science module THAT DOES SCIENCE! 

Notes

• RPM required for full IVA functionality
  • This mod is primarily wish-fulfillment on my end (having sprung from a Laythe flying boat project for which I couldn't find a suitable pod) but if you've recommendations, I'm happy to hear them.

Availability

Now available via CKAN 

Changes from old mod

•     Updated EC usage on the Saavadhan engine
  •     Thanks to forum user @ColdJ for tagging all the parts
  •     Fixed all node sizes
  •     Fixed all bulkheadProfiles
  •     Reorganized into smaller directories which match stock
  •     Added two beta cockpits which are somewhat unfinished
Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thanks a ton, both to you guys for picking it up and to whomever is still interested after my years of absenteeism. I've felt bad for not getting back to this for a long time. Unfortunately I don't have a terrific excuse; I've just been embroiled in a lot of other projects and haven't been able to summon the interest. It makes me very happy to see this ongoing, and who knows; maybe I'll contribute a cockpit here and there. For now I've got writing to do and software to develop. Cheers. 

Have an updated Prakasa logo that never got implemented. Use at your discretion.

Spoiler

mFtczrb.png

Edited by Balto-the-Wolf-Dog

Just found out that Raksha Corvette Bridge breaks cargobay shielding for every Mk3 cargobay it's attached to. Tried to change stack node size from 2 to 3 and it helped. 

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5.306, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0,

I have absolutely no idea how node size affects dragshielding (I used to think that it's just a visual thing) but it was the only difference with parts that do not brake dragshielding and now it works.

Syv9UWJ.png

1YP5hEm.png

3 hours ago, Manul said:

I have absolutely no idea how node size affects dragshielding (I used to think that it's just a visual thing) but it was the only difference with parts that do not brake dragshielding and now it works.

I have no Idea why it would affect what is happening to loads in your cargo bay. As far as I am aware, node size just tells the unity engine how strong the connection point is meant to be. Bigger node, stronger connection.

Though I don't know how you would have got your outer and inner nodes mixed up it is more likely that somehow your inside load was attached to the outside node which is used by the following module to determine what is where.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoBay
        DeployModuleIndex = 0
        closedPosition = 1
        lookupRadius = 5.25
        partTypeName = Cargo bay

nodeOuterForeID = top
        nodeOuterAftID = bottom
        nodeInnerForeID = top2
        nodeInnerAftID = bottom2
    }

Edited by ColdJ

8 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Though I don't know how you would have got your outer and inner nodes mixed up it is more likely that somehow your inside load was attached to the outside node which is used by the following module to determine what is where.

I did not touch cargobay configs, just edited the size of attachment nodes for parts that are attached to cargobay's outer nodes and it fixed drag shielding for already launched crafts.  I also changed node size for Mk1 half length fueltank from airplane plus from size 0 to size 1 and the problem with cargo drag inside Mk1 cargobay  (it has size 1 outer nodes)  that was attached to this tank was gone.

P.S. Cargobay drag is top 1 in my pain-in-the-ass-list so I always double check that externals are attached to outer nodes and internals are on inner nodes :D

Edited by Manul

8 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I have no Idea why it would affect what is happening to loads in your cargo bay. As far as I am aware, node size just tells the unity engine how strong the connection point is meant to be. Bigger node, stronger connection.

I believe that the node size is used by KSP to determine if there should be drag or not.  If the node sizes aren't matching, then there would be exposed surfaces to create drag

@Manul Thanks.  I thought I got all of them, obviously I missed one.  If that's a mk3 size part, it should be a node size 3

On 10/26/2021 at 6:53 PM, Balto-the-Wolf-Dog said:

Thanks a ton, both to you guys for picking it up and to whomever is still interested after my years of absenteeism. I've felt bad for not getting back to this for a long time. Unfortunately I don't have a terrific excuse; I've just been embroiled in a lot of other projects and haven't been able to summon the interest. It makes me very happy to see this ongoing, and who knows; maybe I'll contribute a cockpit here and there. For now I've got writing to do and software to develop. Cheers. 

Have an updated Prakasa logo that never got implemented. Use at your discretion.

Reveal hidden contents

mFtczrb.png

Thanks, I'll compare the two and decide.  Do you think you could add some color to it?

54 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

@linuxgurugamer

There must be something wrong with the message system. I completed and popped the link in for you in a PM over 24 hours ago but it says you still haven't seen it.

No, I just haven't read it yet :D  been busy, I know there's  a link there, will get to it either today or tomorrow

• 8 months later...

Full release (finally): 0.9.0.4

• Fixed two syntax errors in the two generators
  • Thanks to forum user @ColdJ for this:
    • Added new Viaktar model with cabin lights which work

sorry it took so long, I got interrupted by a hospital stay and then other stuff intervened

On 7/3/2022 at 3:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Full release (finally): 0.9.0.4

• Fixed two syntax errors in the two generators
    • Added new Viaktar model with cabin lights which work

sorry it took so long, I got interrupted by a hospital stay and then other stuff intervened

hope you're alright brotha! u do a lot for us and idk who cud fill those shoes. thank you.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:34 AM, fittedorphan68 said:

hope you're alright brotha! u do a lot for us and idk who cud fill those shoes. thank you.

Been under the weather a bit the past few days

Expect a new update for this in the next few days

SWEEET! updating a throwback! I always liked this one. Havent used in ages tbh i forgot about it but im sure glad to see it again and UPDATED at that! Thanks for the OG @Balto-the-Wolf-Dog and thanks for takin over @linuxgurugamer

have any of yall tried adding it to an existing savegame yet?

New release, 0.9.0.5

• Fixed configs for the Mk2Thruster and VyapakSCRAM re. surface effects
  • Changed all remaining PNG files to DDS
    • Fixed some collider issues on some of the pods and added an airlock and ladder to one that was without. 
    • New light system on the 2 crew cabins, Fixed missing the end bracket 
    • New light system on the Science Research cabin.
    • Changed some PNGs to dds files

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer, I was working on adding FreeIVA support for this and I came across an issue with rpm as well.  It might be better if I just add FreeIVA stuff to prakasa itself and fix the rpm issue at the same time.  Sound good to you? Are you up for putting out a new release of prakasa in the near future?

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, I was working on adding FreeIVA support for this and I came across an issue with rpm as well.  It might be better if I just add FreeIVA stuff to prakasa itself and fix the rpm issue at the same time.  Sound good to you? Are you up for putting out a new release of prakasa in the near future?

Go for it.  Looking forward to the PR.

LGG

New release, 0.9.1

Thanks to user @JonnyOThanfor these changes:

• add RPM module patch
  • move RPM patch to Patches folder
  • initial pass at freeiva support
  • remove oddball vahak iva config
  • first round of fixes for freeiva support
  • most freeiva issues fixed
  • final freeiva fixes
  • fix emissive/light in ankhen pod
  •  

• 9 months later...

Hi linuxgugugamer,

love this mod, very nice work!

Are you  still here active?

If so, maybe you can tell me / us, which RGB  you used for the different pods?

So we chave the chance to adjust the colours of the other parts to the pods for better immersion.

1 hour ago, Tecorian said:

Hi linuxgugugamer,

love this mod, very nice work!

Are you  still here active?

If so, maybe you can tell me / us, which RGB  you used for the different pods?

So we chave the chance to adjust the colours of the other parts to the pods for better immersion.

Note that Prakasa parts are generally compatible with SimpleRepaint. You can use that to recolor a vessel made from a mix of sort-of-white parts into a brand new color.

Thx a lot, DeadJohn,

i didn´t knew that.

But i use lazy painter to get some RGB and especially metallic look onto OPT, MK4 and so on.

Maybe i should install SimpleRepaint for this issue again - the last time i used it (log time ago),  i found only some "normal" colours.

@Tecorian SimpleRepaint doesn't do metallic colors or other custom textures. Its strength is in supporting almost every parts mod.

Note that if you don't like its default palette (some colors are too intense for my tastes) you can edit the cfg or put additional MM patches into your own file. The thread I linked mentions how to do that.

Edited by DeadJohn