[1.12.x] Reviva - the IVA revival and editor/flight switcher. Bug fixing release. (1.0.0 - 17th Feb 2024)

610yesnolovely

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Eh? I thought I fixed that…

Might be the version I'm playing with. Assumed it was intentional bc it's was so neat to be able to do it.

I thought it was part of the idea of them being trained up before officially joining the roster at 500 hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2023 at 2:40 PM, JonnyOThan said:

MM errors are in the KSP .log file too, so no additional logs needed for now.

99198 [LOG 22:45:35.045] Applying update DE_IVAExtension/Parts/@PART:HAS[#DE_IVA_internalName]:FOR[DE_IVAExtension] to REPOSoftTech/ResearchBodies/Parts/telescope/telescope.cfg/PART[TrackBodiesTelescope]
 99199 [WRN 22:45:35.045] Cannot find key manufacturer in PART
 99200 [ERR 22:45:35.055] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key storedStrings = #v1.1.0||$/title$|||||$/manufacturer$

I was pretty sure I fixed this one..Oh it just hasn't been released yet :/

If you make your GameData/DE_IVAExtension/Parts.cfg file look like this, it should fix the MM error and produce a configcache: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/DE_IVAExtension/compare/v1.1.0...master#diff-938ce9c5b40254e1754ae2e06e1f00d3c94cd3e7683d3255cfa00aea82351bf4

Or perhaps more useful, here's a link to the fixed version you can download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JonnyOThan/DE_IVAExtension/4882eace46237be959d24ca7196c7d16cfaa1fd5/GameData/DE_IVAExtension/Parts.cfg

Good lord, I think I found it.  There's a single missing character in this line: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/KSA-IVA-Upgrade/blob/eaf645250a348c72db63f93ccf8f206e56708ea8/GameData/KSA/IVAUpgrade/Spaces/KSA_bdb_lm.cfg#L1026

That needs to be

:HAS[#moduleID[IVASwitch]]

- note the missing #

Spoiler
[LOG 08:31:01.692] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-3Pod/mk1-3.cfg/PART[mk1-3pod]
[LOG 08:31:01.693] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk1Cockpits/mk1Cockpit.cfg/PART[Mark1Cockpit]
[LOG 08:31:01.693] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk1Cockpits/mk1InlineCockpit.cfg/PART[Mark2Cockpit]
[LOG 08:31:01.693] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk1LanderCan/mk1LanderCan.cfg/PART[landerCabinSmall]
[LOG 08:31:01.694] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk1pod_v2/mk1Pod_v2.cfg/PART[mk1pod_v2]
[LOG 08:31:01.694] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitInline/mk2CockpitInline.cfg/PART[mk2Cockpit_Inline]
[LOG 08:31:01.694] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitStandard/mk2CockpitStandard.cfg/PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard]
[LOG 08:31:01.695] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan_v2/mk2LanderCan_v2.cfg/PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]
[LOG 08:31:01.695] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/mk3CockpitShuttle.cfg/PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]
[LOG 08:31:01.695] Applying update Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/@PART:HAS[#Reviva_DE_MAS_internalName]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/mk3CockpitShuttle.cfg/PART[AT_Willis_CMP]
[WRN 08:31:01.695] Cannot find key DE_IVA_storedStrings in PART
[ERR 08:31:01.696] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key storedStrings = #$/DE_IVA_storedStrings$
[WRN 08:31:01.696] Cannot find key DE_IVA_triggeredEvents in PART
[ERR 08:31:01.696] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key triggeredEvents = #$/DE_IVA_triggeredEvents$
[LOG 08:31:01.702] Applying copy Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/+INTERNAL[DE_Mk1-3]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to DE_IVAExtension/Spaces/DE_Mk1-3.cfg/INTERNAL[DE_Mk1-3]
[LOG 08:31:01.703] Applying copy Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/+INTERNAL[DE_mk1CockpitInternal]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to DE_IVAExtension/Spaces/DE_mk1CockpitInternal.cfg/INTERNAL[DE_mk1CockpitInternal]
[LOG 08:31:01.704] Applying copy Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/+INTERNAL[DE_mk1InlineInternal]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to DE_IVAExtension/Spaces/DE_mk1InlineInternal.cfg/INTERNAL[DE_mk1InlineInternal]
[LOG 08:31:01.705] Applying copy Reviva/1_Patches/DE_MAS/+INTERNAL[DE_landerCabinSmallInternal]:NEEDS[DE_IVAExtension&AvionicsSystems]:FOR[Reviva] to DE_IVAExtension/Spaces/DE_landerCabinSmallInternal.cfg/INTERNAL[DE_landerCabinSmallInternal]

Ran into MM errors as well, albeit only for a single stock part.

I cannot upload the full logs to pastebin as it crashes/refuses for size, but this should be the relevant part.

Edit: I found the cause

The bug is caused by Mk3 Shuttle Mid-Deck IVA Refurbished

Spoiler

PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]
{
  @name = AT_Willis_CMP
  @author = Porkjet, Daelkyr, Atomikku
    @title = AT-CMP "Willis" Mark V Command Pod
  //@TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics
    @entryCost = 55000
    @cost = 15000
  @mass = 4.125
  @manufacturer = AtomicTech Inc.
    @description = Joseph "Daelkyr" Kerman, one of our senior engineers, originally proposed his six seat to C7 Aerospace Division while he was still working there. After years of his proposal being overlooked, among other things, he left the company to join AtomicTech Inc. where his proposal was quickly put into production. The AT-CMP "Willis" Mark V Command Pod is the first command pod in the AT-CMP Series that uses thermal tiles to re-enter instead of requiring an ablative heat shield. Just be sure to check those tiles after every flight!
    @CrewCapacity = 6 
  !INTERNAL
    {
        !name = MK3_Cockpit_Int
    }
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = AT_MK3_Cockpit_Int2
    }
}

Somehow, it confuses stuff. I thought to fix it by adding it to parts.cfg in DE_IVA's folder but I thought it might break stuff so I uninstalled for now. I got MK3 stockalike extension anyhow.

Edited by RunaDacino

Is there an easy-ish way (using configs) to set-up a cockpit to use the same IVA, except there's a MAS and a RPM version?

Nav Utilities continued is only on RPM, and MAS has no landing indicator for OPT cockpits.