[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

4 hours ago, Tellurium128 said:

Hello everyone!

Has anyone previosly suggested making 6 segment variant for BO-L5 Advanced Solid Rocket Motor...it would be quite useful for those LONG SDLV launchers...

And since all textures and other things are done it would not be that difficult to implement.

Thanks for any answers in advance;)

The Konstellation-Mod has a modified Photon Corp. Booster with 5.5 Segments (Photon Corp. is a dependencie).

3 minutes ago, Ulgojax said:

hey i downloaded craft files but every one of them has some part i dont have. where is the problem?

name of the parts is:  "B10.NDS" and "benjee10.AJ10.v2" what are those?

Make sure you have the latest version of Benjee10_sharedAssets installed, it is included with the release .zip of this mod. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a full construction guide for this? Closest I have is something from the unofficial BDB wiki, but it kinda omits some important pieces (How to make the service module and such, mainly). I can kind of guesstimate some of the parts from what I can see, but I don't want to get too many things wrong. A stage guide would also be good (which things to put on which stages). Trying to make something fun for my Duna mission. Also uh, I dunno if I've been in this thread before or not, but the SRBs really don't want to attach to the radial decouplers. Can't seem to get the green spheres to meet up, it always just wants to attach directly to the rocket.

Edited by silvermistshadow

1 hour ago, silvermistshadow said:

Does anyone have a full construction guide for this? Closest I have is something from the unofficial BDB wiki, but it kinda omits some important pieces (How to make the service module and such, mainly). I can kind of guesstimate some of the parts from what I can see, but I don't want to get too many things wrong. A stage guide would also be good (which things to put on which stages). Trying to make something fun for my Duna mission. Also uh, I dunno if I've been in this thread before or not, but the SRBs really don't want to attach to the radial decouplers. Can't seem to get the green spheres to meet up, it always just wants to attach directly to the rocket.

well for the last issue pressing ALT should force node attach 

you can use the craft files and then use them as sub assembly to make your rockets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, HebaruSan said:

It's there, but the SharedAssets and HabTechProps dependencies have a KSP_VERSION_MAX of 1.11.99, so users on KSP 1.12 won't see them as compatible unless they adjust their settings.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

On 8/29/2022 at 2:05 PM, benjee10 said:

D'oh - I'll get that fixed shortly!

EDIT: Hopefully fixed now

Hi, I wanted to give a heads-up that this has happened again as of ACK 1.2.0 and later due to the addition of the dependency on SimpleAdjustableFairings (noticed and updated in the metadata by @SofieBrink), the compatibility of which still only goes up to KSP 1.11. Users with only KSP 1.12 marked as compatible in the CKAN settings will see this and get 1.1.0 as the default version of ACK:

4mTdKxp.png

Fixing this will require some action from @blowfish, because the SAF's metadata is author-managed here:

... and the version file's URL property points here, which is a 404:

Edited by HebaruSan

19 hours ago, yourboi said:

How did you get the interior to work?

Do your screens not work or do you not have interiors at all? Just want to clarify. Rest of y'all can chime in as well, my explanation may not do justice.

14 hours ago, yourboi said:

have interior using habtech prop interior

Gotcha. Do you have KSA IVA installed? I just found out the IVA I have is an upgrade courtesy of their mod.

Edited by Blufor878

Such a great mod! although I'm wondering why the cryo tanks keep overheating. I have enabled cooling, and I use thermal radiators that produce 38000KW at 1000K. I am in orbit just above Kerbin, so overheating rly shouldnt be an issue. And I am producing plenty of electricity as well ;( I just cant figure it out

EDIT: As soon as I start time warping the heat builds up super fast and the cryo tanks blow up.

Edited by YellowNOFX
an update to my question

On 1/8/2023 at 7:18 PM, dodgethisduck said:

Not entirely sure what happened here. B9 threw a serious warning when I started the game after installing this. Here's the excerpt from my .log:

[WRN 21:41:24.707] Warning on PartSubtype 5m on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='fairingSwitch') on part benjee10.SLS.fairing: Could not find matching module
[EXC 21:41:24.707] Exception: Could not find matching module
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:GetInfo()
    PartLoader:CompilePartInfo(AvailablePart, Part)
    <CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

I had this same warning. It looks like the ACK depends on Simple Adjustable Fairings. Installing it from CKAN (after overriding version warning) fixed the warning for me.

13 hours ago, junxblah said:

I had this same warning. It looks like the ACK depends on Simple Adjustable Fairings. Installing it from CKAN (after overriding version warning) fixed the warning for me.

It`s listed on page 1!!!

Dependencies:

This mod has B9PartSwitch, Animated Decouplers, DeployableEngines, Community Resource Pack, Simple Adjustable Fairings and ModuleManager as dependencies, all of which are bundled with the mod. My mods Benjee10 Shared Assets and HabTechProps are also bundled - these contain the parts for the docking port/OMS engine and props for the IVA respectively.

Waterfall is fully supported, so if you have this installed you will get much nicer plumes all engines/RCS parts included! Configs were created by Rodg88 - the abort motor FX are particularly spectacular!

Shaddy and Shabby will give the parachutes much more realistic translucent shaders. 

7 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

New manned Mars landing architecture just dropped, I wonder if it's possible to recreate with mods?

yR0iJ.jpg

Wow, that sure is an ambitious plan! :o And we already have some of the required mods: ACK for SLS and Orion, the MAV looks similar to the Altair lander upper stage, and the rest can be kitbashed with Procedural Parts and other mods. Would be cool to have a dedicated mod, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness the extending nozzle problem was fixed, back to being my fav KSP mod parts pack ever!  Will there be an added texture for the crew capsule for a "toasted" look, kind of like how BDB did the crew capsules for Apollo, Gemini and Mercury?  Technicians inside NASA’s Kennedy Space Centers Multi-Payload Processing Facility (MPPF) in Florida use a crane to load the Artemis I spacecraft – now called an environmental test article – into the crew module transportation fixture in preparation for its departure to NASA’s Neil Armstrong Test Facility in Sandusky, Ohio. image Credit: NASA/Kim Shiflett

The Artemis I Orion crew module is offloaded from the crew module transportation fixture at NASA Glenn Research Center's Armstrong Test Facility in Ohio. Image Credit: NASA

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 7:47 PM, Cheesecake said:

No because this mod isn`t made for RO. There are only Stock-craftfiles.

I will make some craft files for RSS RO

On 1/31/2024 at 2:28 PM, peter_12 said:

Is there a craft file for the cfg of the ro?

I am making some so watch this space

Edited by kspbutitscursed