Are there any moons or planets you hope to see portrayed in KSP 2? I would be so excited to see a more direct Titan analogue.

Titan is easily my favorite body in the solar system, its just so fascinating in every way. I understand that Laythe is technically kind of a titan analouge, but I would love one thats much more accurate to the real moon.  

Things I look forward to:

• thick atmosphere combined with low gravity opens so many possibilities for flying machines, à la dragonfly.
  •  Imagine seeing the rings of the parent body come into view as your rocket soars, leaving the atmosphere. It'd be so beautiful in this game!
  • what if the rate of methalox production at your colony was sped up, essentially turning this into a massive gas station for an orbital shipyard.
  • Did I mention how awesome the combo of low gravity and thick atmosphere is?
  • Titan is by far the most exciting body in our solar system for me, so getting to explore something inspired by it in KSP 2 would be incredible on every level.

What if it was put in orbit of Glumo, or Ovin, or any other similar planet? The possibilities are endless, I really look forward to it. 

What do you think, are there any moons or planets you hope to see portrayed in KSP 2?

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

8 minutes ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

What do you think, are there any moons or planets you hope to see portrayed in KSP 2?

Should've made this the post title.

Io. Volcanism. Extreme heat, and learning how to deal with such heat.

25 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Charr and/or Rausk twins?

Charr is just a hot Mercury from the looks of things.

As for Rask-Rusk, I'm pretty sure their damage is due to them being a double planet, so I'm not sure if there's Io levels of volcanism going on there.

14 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

As for Rask-Rusk, I'm pretty sure their damage is due to them being a double planet, so I'm not sure if there's Io levels of volcanism going on there.

That damage caused by extreme tidal forces will most certainly lead to volcanism. Imagine Io on steroids :D

12 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

That damage caused by extreme tidal forces will most certainly lead to volcanism. Imagine Io on steroids :D

True that. I suppose Earth-Moon and Pluto-Charon don't have this problem because either the mass is too small to matter, or they're too far apart.

That being said, a sulfur-yellow planet is still really cool to me. Like Pol but rounder, with way more activity than Pol.

I secretly have a pet hypothesis that one of the solar systems is going to be our own, full scale and everything, though maybe a couple billion years in the future or past. I'm on the fence as to whether that's actually a good idea or not in terms of game design, but I think it'd be really interesting regardless

I would love to see a Neptune or Uranus type planet, it be nice to have like a cold planet to visit and study. If you start doing experiments on a cold planet surface it can help you to develop better devices like advanced freeze dried foods which helps keep food for longer periods of time and can hold more food which makes them last longer before they are used up from the colonies.  It can help you have better temperature cooling systems  if you want to go closer to stars or the sun.

1 hour ago, BobKerman said:

I would love to see a Neptune or Uranus type planet, it be nice to have like a cold planet to visit and study. If you start doing experiments on a cold planet surface it can help you to develop better devices like advanced freeze dried foods which helps keep food for longer periods of time and can hold more food which makes them last longer before they are used up from the colonies.  It can help you have better temperature cooling systems  if you want to go closer to stars or the sun.

I agree that a Neptune or Uranus analogue would be nice, and would provide unique opportunities for science, but I don't quite follow your logic about the cooling tech thing.  You would have no need for cooling tech in a cold place.  As far as I can tell, this would be like traveling to the Arctic to learn how to survive the Sahara.  I think these bases would be more useful for learning how to deal with very cold places, like interstellar space.

13 hours ago, Ember12 said:

You would have no need for cooling tech in a cold place. 

JWST wants to know your location.

In any case, so far we know we have: Mercury analogue; Venus analogue, of sorts; captured asteroid; obvious Earth and Moon analogue, Mars analogue; Ceres-but-with-Iapetus look analogue; Jupiter with, at the very least, Ganymede analogue; Pluto/Europa analogue, depending on your look on that, which is probably going to change since there seems to be a big change in appearance; planet very close to the star - Charr; Saturn analogue - Glumo; icy globe with atmo - Merbel; uneven rock - Skutt; binary, very hot and volcanic system - Rausk twins; superearth analogue - Ovin; young earth analogue with rings - Gurdamma; planet after what appears to be a big head on collision - Puf; second home planet with possibility of life - Lapat

7 hours ago, Ember12 said:

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you mean by this.

JWST whole thing is being super cool, that why it has the sun shield.   If you could be in a place that was already super cold and you had "no need for cooling tech" in such a place that would be great for putting giant infrared telescopes.

Dealing with cold isnt the issue, so going to uranus to "learn how to survive in the cold of space" Guess what, you need to get rid of any heat you generate(which includes for power) so your still going to have issues with getting RID of heat, not keeping warm

Well then you just radiate less heat into space, in direct sunlight near earth, it can get really hot(hundreds of degrees)  its only when you start putting telescopes extremely far away from sol that you need to worry about keeping it warm

9 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

It is for a telescope where the temperature could massively disrupt the instruments.

Kepler 16 B Analog? (the IRL 1st "Tatooine" planet)

A saturn sized gas giant orbiting 2 stars, then you give it moons and boom, a beautiful planet, note, its not going to be hot, its freezing cold there, so a desert will be colder than mars

I'd just like to see one or two rogue planets in KSP2, with pitch black surfaces that you would only be able to see by using searchlights or by using a radar mapping module. Probably not more than two, though, as I feel that they'd all just end up feeling the same because of the slight problem of you not being able to see anything normally.

I also think a more direct Venus analogue (because let's face it, Eve was clearly never really meant to be a Venus analog from the start) that you couldn't get off of by normal means (i.e. have to use propellers or balloons to ascend high enough for rockets to work), would be a neat challenge for more experienced players. Maybe you would also have to use special reinforced, heavier parts to avoid them getting crushed under the extreme pressures.

Maybe also a moon of a moon (submoon?) just because it would be kind of cool.

EDIT: no sonar definitely wouldn't work in space because sound can't travel, am big dumb

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

5 minutes ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

that you couldn't get off of by normal means (i.e. have to use propellers or balloons to ascend high enough for rockets to work)

Could you maybe explain why rockets wouldn't work, or even jets? Personally, that sounds more like arbitrary rules to me than plausible limitations, not to mention other factors like pressure limits on parts.

Edited by Bej Kerman