Will DLC purchasers get compensation with the new game?

I'm not sure if I misunderstand, or if I'm just getting old...but why would anyone think that because they bought previous products from a company they are entitled to future versions of it. Go try that at a car dealership, or the grocery store or something. Pay money, play the game. You don't get free stuff because you bought stuff before. I don't understand where this idea comes from!

Edited by Meecrob

13 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

I'm not sure if I misunderstand, or if I'm just getting old...but why would anyone think that because they bought previous products from a company they are entitled to future versions of it. Go try that at a car dealership, or the grocery store or something. Pay money, play the game. You don't get free stuff because you bought stuff before. I don't understand where this idea comes from!

It's because the Devs of KSP promised early adopters that bought the game before a certain date that DLC for KSP would be free, iirc. 

Now people are taking that logic and applying it to KSP 2, which isn't an update or DLC, so the concept doesn't apply, but some people think it does for some reason. If you go through the forums, you'll find a handful of threads like this, especially around the time of KSP2 reveal trailer back in 2019/2020.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

I can tell you with about 99% certainty they are not, and never will be. You may see a few pieces from the DLC here and there, but that is it.

Well, I'm not expecting it, but im thinking that some parts will becone base game parts. At least I'm hoping. Releasing KSP 1 DLC as KSP 2 DLC will be kind of messed up imo.

Edited by GoldForest

It's no excuse...terms for KSP1 free DLC was paraphrased to "buy original KSP  before this date and you get all DLC."  OP clearly did NOT. As I said, go to a car dealership and ask them for a free new car because you bought one of theirs in the past...record the laughter as you exit the place so I can laugh too.

37 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

It's no excuse...terms for KSP1 free DLC was paraphrased to "buy original KSP  before this date and you get all DLC."  OP clearly did NOT. As I said, go to a car dealership and ask them for a free new car because you bought one of theirs in the past...record the laughter as you exit the place so I can laugh too.

I know it's no excuse. I'm just telling you that's what's going on.

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

It's because the Devs of KSP promised early adopters that bought the game before a certain date that DLC for KSP would be free, iirc. 

Now people are taking that logic and applying it to KSP 2, which isn't an update or DLC, so the concept doesn't apply, but some people think it does for some reason. If you go through the forums, you'll find a handful of threads like this, especially around the time of KSP2 reveal trailer back in 2019/2020.

Well, I'm not expecting it, but im thinking that some parts will becone base game parts. At least I'm hoping. Releasing KSP 1 DLC as KSP 2 DLC will be kind of messed up imo.

As I understand they promised early on that you would not have to pay more if you bought the game. 
Later they decided they wanted to sell DLC and some protested because the entire game included promise so people buying it early got the dlc for free. 

This has nothing to do with KSP 2 at all. 

8 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

I got pulled over by the KSP (Kentucky State Police) and told them that I bought Kerbal Space Program before the cutoff date so my ticket should be free.

I'm sure they didn't actually charge you for the ticket itself, that would really suck.

...But you might have been able to choose to not buy it.:D

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, X-Marshal said:

I think some parts are - It looks like the 1.875m parts are mostly there.

Wait they are? That's great news! Where did you see them? I've been watching for confirmation of this for a while, I was worried they'd cut the size. Especially as the Bobcat and the Cheetah are my favourite engines. 

3 hours ago, SolarAdmiral said:

Wait they are? That's great news! Where did you see them? I've been watching for confirmation of this for a while, I was worried they'd cut the size. Especially as the Bobcat and the Cheetah are my favourite engines. 

I'm not sure, there's one of the parts from the Missing History mod I think, the 1.875-1.25m command pod.Palici.png

Hmm maybe.

I sort of thought that specific pod was even bigger than the mk2.

KSP2EA_D2C_KeyFeature05_3840x2160__1_.jp

You can see two pods labeled as LG, compared to the old 3 kerbal pod marked MD.

I'm afraid the old medium size might be cut. It's not terrible, but I would miss the cheetah and bobcat.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:55 AM, MacintoshKSP said:

I bought the DLCs for only the next day (well, 3.) KS2 to be annouced for release, my question is, will we get DLC compensation?

A couple of points.

KSP 2 and will be launching into Beta. Think Fallout 76 launch with fewer bugs(hopefully) and none of the dlcs seasons or events. 

heck it literally  only has one gameplay mode,  sandbox, so it’s  it’s missing half the sand) and toys(SCIENCE mode, Career , and there's no mods, no life support, and no boom boom. 

ksp one Is basicaly feature complete. It has 3 gameplay modes, and a butload of mods that will not even START to show up in KSP 1 untill March at the earliest.

54 minutes ago, MacintoshKSP said:

Dude.  Just keep this stuff to another thread.  This thread was a question from when I was clueless and now has become a beaten dead horse.

If you are done with this thread, I would request this thread be closed now that your question has been answered. The best way to do it is to go here: 

Alternatively. you can ping one of the mods like Snark, Gargamel or Vanamonde in a message on this thread and ask them to close it. 

Alternatively alternatively, I think you can report your own thread? Not sure on that one. 

Edited by GoldForest

• 2 weeks later...